DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Reyoru

Yussir. I should probably write a blog post (it's definitely worthy to blog about, especially on DM :laugh: )

The shortened version is that I got in contact with Jennifer (Kathana) and told her what I was thinking about. Kate lives in the Charleston area, where Harriet lives, so I thought it would be perfect to propose there. It wasn't far, and hello....it's Harriet! lol

Jen forwarded my email to Maria (part of Team Jordan), who said that she would ask Harriet. Harriet was happy to have us over for lunch. I did some planning with Maria, bought the ring, and we had lunch with Harriet, Maria, and Alan (also from Team Jordan). We also met their nephew, who is named after Robert Joran (rl name of James Rigney, of course). And, she gave us a tour of their house and property. The only area we couldn't go was upstairs to where they were writing AMoL (we were right there where they were making it! *squees*).

It was amazing. After lunch, when Maria was showing us the gardens, I proposed to Kate under one of their dragon statues. :biggrin:

Here is a picture of said proposal:

600640_10150958991284916_195714769_n.jpg

And a picture of us with Maria:

600406_10150958990634916_808228682_n.jpg

Ah. Weird. Only your second week. That is crazy to think about. Most Unis over here start late August. How long are your semesters? When does each school year end?

I work in communications. So computers and radios. Depending on the situation. But we have other people who specialize in computer stuffs, so it's not like they need my MOS (job) to do any of that work, most often.

Haha, this is true. I do love DM, and have some good friends here. And of course....Tainted brownies. Can't forget that.

Hahaha, dude that is freaking EPIC! Massive congratulations to you both! :biggrin:

The setting, the planning, the whole nine yards - win :laugh:

That is indeed a story worth telling - I wish you a long and happy time together, and hope you'll tell your kids about it someday! :smile:

Ah. Weird. Only your second week. That is crazy to think about. Most Unis over here start late August. How long are your semesters? When does each school year end?

I'll end some time in July, but I'm not working regular hours or dates - I get 3 weeks break at Christmas, 3 days at Easter and 3 weeks in the summer from now on. Kinda like being in a full time job (actually, it is a full time job, studying at pretty much all hours!).

I work in communications. So computers and radios. Depending on the situation. But we have other people who specialize in computer stuffs, so it's not like they need my MOS (job) to do any of that work, most often.

Cool stuff! Comms sounds interesting. I have an amateur radio license over here, but don't own a radio set at the moment - I used to enjoy having random conversations with people over the waves. Then I discovered the internet haha!

Haha, this is true. I do love DM, and have some good friends here. And of course....Tainted brownies. Can't forget that.

Friends and tainted brownies, what more could a man want? :wink:

I agree. haha

The best part was teasing her. :wink:

She knew I had something planned, and I told her I was taking her to lunch, but she didn't know where. I'm not a local of the area, and thus, how could I possibly know anywhere good to eat, eh? hehehe, so she though.

And whoa. I just realized I used way too many simple sentences in that first line to you.

Eek. That is a lot of studying. :S

But I'm sure you need it so you don't cut anyone in the wrong spot by accident. Or use too many fingers. :unsure:

>.>

<.<

Old man. :tongue:

haha, I wish they taught us more, though. They use us more how to operate the radio and change some settings and troubleshoot why it won't transmit or receive, but they don't go too deep into the inner workings and building. That would be sweet.

Of course, these radios are a little more complicated to build than others, I'm sure.

Well, I'd tell you....but I think the PG-13 sign would get me. :huh:

I agree. haha

The best part was teasing her. :wink:

She knew I had something planned, and I told her I was taking her to lunch, but she didn't know where. I'm not a local of the area, and thus, how could I possibly know anywhere good to eat, eh? hehehe, so she though.

Very sly, worthy of a Shadowite :baalzamon:

And whoa. I just realized I used way too many simple sentences in that first line to you.

Eek. That is a lot of studying. :S

But I'm sure you need it so you don't cut anyone in the wrong spot by accident. Or use too many fingers. :unsure:

Yeah, I certainly do need it. As much as I do moan about it, I do love it, and its really the only career I've ever seen myself doing. So, let the good times roll on :wink:

>.>

<.<

Old man. :tongue:

haha, I wish they taught us more, though. They use us more how to operate the radio and change some settings and troubleshoot why it won't transmit or receive, but they don't go too deep into the inner workings and building. That would be sweet.

Of course, these radios are a little more complicated to build than others, I'm sure.

Lol, I am a very very old man. If I'm honest, the reason I got into amateur radio was to have something to put on my personal statement (like your CV) when applying to universities - you really need lots of extracurricular activities and achievements to impress. This was one of them (and I thought it very cool as a kid to have my own unique call-sign). I used to be clued up on the physics and electronics behind radios, but that knowledge is alas, long gone :smile:

Well, I'd tell you....but I think the PG-13 sign would get me. :huh:

I know a little bit about psychology and anatomy :wink:

Archived