DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
chongjasmine

Who is your ideal husband/ wife in WOT?

Perrin is the first one for sure! He's always been my favorite, alle from the first time we saw him i the first book. He just seems like a nice guy and an ideal husband.

Second choice might be Demandred! He's just cool, and I've liked him from the first time I read about him too.

As for the girls I think maybe Egwene for the first choice. Then Avi or Birgitte.

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS (UPDATE)

MEN

12: Logain(+1)

8: Perrin(+1)

7: Mat(+3), Lan(+2)

4: Talmanes

3: Galad, Taim(+1)

2: Asmodean, Rhuarc, Beslan, Narishma, Moridin, Rand, Tam(+1)

1: Tam, Jhoradin, Rolan, Gaul, Fade, Tallanvor, Androl

WOMEN

26: Min(+2)

15: Aviendha(+2)

12: Moiraine(+1)

11: Elayne(+2)

10: Nyneave

9: Birgitte(+2)

8: Lanfear(+2)

7: Faile(+1), Egwene(+1)

5: Berelain

4: Morgase, Tylin

3: Graendal, Aludra, Leane

2: Tuon, Bela (Danjaman and Kestrel, if anyone’s wondering), Riselle, Siuan, Sarene(+1)

1: Melaine, Alanna, Corele, Kari, Selucia , Eldrene, Laras, Setalle, Verin, Renna, Meidani, random slutty domani woman (courtesy of Dagon Thyne), Amys, Egeanin, Merise, Yukiri, Siuan, Myrelle(+1)

Mat making a comeback along with Lan...

from this universe? nobody.  or anybody who isn't a magic user i guess, so mostly just some random npc village girl.  seriously wtf robert jordan? is this a plot point where using the one power turns you into a colossal genderstereotypical manipulating bitch? was that why rand gave off a rapey vibe when he was wrapping himself in power trying to scare people away and interacting with taim like a pair of wolves before he had any reason to dislike the guy(justified later of course but at the start)? the girls from tworivers seemed human enough in the early books...then they started with magic and increasingly steadily became catty scheming and permenently pmsing powerhungery manhating(and also mancrazy odd combination) monsters 

and they're aparently supposed to all be representations of the author's wife?(unfortunate implications)

_____

i wouldn't risk marring at all in the wot world but if I stayed single too long I'd be dead terrified that one day a bunch of witches will tell me they all agreed to share me as their husband and use magic to try and ensnare my will overiding all my objections by saying they've come to a consesus on this, this is how its going to be...which was elayne's plan for a long time for "dealing with" Rand, fortunately as a happy coincidence he was cool with that.

Compared to that insanity the risk that my wife will act like a shrew becase she was secretly trying to trick me into beating her (like Faile) is small enough to put up with.  rape at knifepoint(poor Mat) not so much but still preferable since atleast I'm safe inside my own head

Edited by asdffda

from this universe? nobody.  or anybody who isn't a magic user i guess, so mostly just some random npc village girl.  seriously wtf robert jordan? is this a plot point where using the one power turns you into a colossal genderstereotypical manipulating bitch? was that why rand gave off a rapey vibe when he was wrapping himself in power trying to scare people away and interacting with taim like a pair of wolves before he had any reason to dislike the guy(justified later of course but at the start)? the girls from tworivers seemed human enough in the early books...then they started with magic and increasingly steadily became catty scheming and permenently pmsing powerhungery manhating(and also mancrazy odd combination) monsters 

and they're aparently supposed to all be representations of the author's wife?(unfortunate implications)

_____

i wouldn't risk marring at all in the wot world but if I stayed single too long I'd be dead terrified that one day a bunch of witches will tell me they all agreed to share me as their husband and use magic to try and ensnare my will overiding all my objections by saying they've come to a consesus on this, this is how its going to be...which was elayne's plan for a long time for "dealing with" Rand, fortunately as a happy coincidence he was cool with that.

Compared to that insanity the risk that my wife will act like a shrew becase she was secretly trying to trick me into beating her like faile is small enough to put up with.  rape at knifepoint not so much but still preferable since atleast I'm safe inside my own head

Come on its not all that bad

not quite(it does get close at times) but its funnier if it is :)

rand's mother(not his biological mother the real one) seemed nice but she spent the entire story being dead. so maybe under different circumstances

Edited by asdffda

I didnt read the whole thread, but looking at the results - I can't believe no one picked Osan'gar!!!  Sure she/he is evil, but she did some nice girl on girl action...

oh wait...this is the wife thread?  maybe not.

This isn't the wife thread, it's for both husband and wife. Also, Osan'gar is a guy...are you thinking of Aran'gar?

Edited by dawnflower8