DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
chongjasmine

Who is your ideal husband/ wife in WOT?

Birgitte for me, don't usually go for blondes but shes sexy, likes to dress to attract eyes and swears almost as much as I do. On the negtive side is shes got a terrible aim (if youre on the recieving end) so you can't forget birthdays and anniversaries, and given her taste, it would be rather insulting if she was attracted to me.

And Aludra, bet shes a real firecracker (hehehe)

Moiraine or Min. I'm not sure why, but they are definitely my favourite of the female characters and I feel  we would be good fits. Then again, I have no prior experience to judge that on...

Maybe Suian, though she can be mildly irritating at times. 

I could see myself falling for Berelain easily based on looks and sex appeal, and then finding myself miserable down the road when I come to my senses and realize how manipulative she actually is. I see a quick and impulsive marriage that ends in a messy divorce.

Min, I could see myself having a casual fling with, maybe a friends with benefits type relationship. She's definitely a with-it girl, and she's attractive, but I just don't see the chemistry between her and I ever becoming true romance.

As far as long term wife material, I'd have to go with Avienda or Elayne. Both are loyal, independent, and beautiful.

I'd also like to think I'd give Nynaeve a chance, as she's my favorite female character, but I think she'd prove to be too emotionally unstable for me.     

Hm...for the guys, maybe Perrin. Though he can be such a doormat and irritating martyr at times. I always liked Jhoradin and Rolan. And Gaul is great!

If I was a guy, I'd probably go with Sarene or Corele. 

I'm surprised that nobody chose Erith....

In all seriousness, though, I would definitely choose Min.

Edited by Orange7

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS (UPDATE)

MEN

8: Logain(+2)

6: Perrin(+1)

4: Lan(+1), Talmanes(+1)

3: Galad

2: Mat, Taim, Asmodean, Rhuarc, Beslan, Narishma(+1), Moridin(+1)

1: Tam, Jhoradin(+1), Rolan(+1), Gaul(+1), Fade(+1)

WOMEN

19: Min(+3)

12: Aviendha(+1)

8: Nyneave, Elayne(+3), Moiraine(+2)

6: Lanfear, Birgitte(+1), Egwene(+2)

5: Faile, Berelain

4: Morgase(+1)

3: Tylin, Graendal, Aludra(+1)

2: Tuon, Bela (Danjaman and Kestrel, if anyone’s wondering), Riselle, Leane, Siuan(+1)

1: Melaine, Alanna, Corele, Kari, Selucia , Eldrene, Laras, Setalle, Verin, Renna, Meidani, random slutty domani woman (courtesy of Dagon Thyne), Amys, Egeanin(+1)

Go team Ablar!

Edited by Master Ablar

I know that same gender relationships isn't a big deal in Randland, but it just feels like the hetero male characters had more to offer than some of the off-mentioned gay characters.  Women were depicted as male haters and men were depicted as women haters, haha.  So I think I lean more toward some of the more developed hetero characters, and I'll just imagine that at some point they thought "well...he's kind of cute" (me)

I think my top three husbands would be:

Perrin (muscles! and he's soft hearted and strong)

Logain (he's been through so much, and he's roguish)

Tallanvor (he's dedicated and passionate)

and if I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have a wife, my top three would be:

Merise (she seems like a fiery lover)

Sarene (shallow, I know, but she's stunningly beautiful)

Leane (she just seems like a lot of fun, not a lot of inhibitions and she knows how to play the flirting game)

Get me to the church on time!!

wife: Min (+ Avi, Nyn, Merana, Yukiri, Somara, Samitsu in one person = that's my girlfriend IRL)

There's only one kickback: she looks like a boy without make-up and I don't like make-up. 

Hey you forgot to tally up the Shadowspawn, while they might not be marriage material I said I would give a fade a roll in the hey, a little secret lover on the side so to speak. :P Do not they get a place on the tally?

Hey you forgot to tally up the Shadowspawn, while they might not be marriage material I said I would give a fade a roll in the hey, a little secret lover on the side so to speak. :P Do not they get a place on the tally?

Heh, well I was actually only keeping track of husband/wife material, but I can add the Fade in there if you want.

Yes I do, I want a fade lover waiting in the shadows so to speak. And think about it they are the perfect little thing on the side are they not, as when your husband come home expectantly you can just push them into a dark corner and they are gone. :P

Haha, ok then I've added him in.

Yay I get my sexy Myrddraal hunk to hide under my bed, there are shadows there after all. Now I would prefer a Lasombra vampire from Vampire the Masquerade if we are talking about creatures that would rather use shadows than a taxi to get around, but since we are talking Wheel of Time here, a fade will do nicely, they are adorable. :)

Birgitte, no question.  Min a close second.  A woman that can go out drinking with me and bust my chops right back after I bust hers is my dream.

Tricky one...

I would say Min. She is probably one of the more feminine and compassionate characters and I could see that relationship working.

Nynaeve, sadly, reminds me too much of my own mother so I definitely wouldn't want it to be her! :D

Aviendha, whilst I like the whole tall amazon thing I don't think the whole culture gap thing would work. 

Elayne and Egwene are, sadly, total bitches. Will not forgive what they did to Matt. I do not want to marry women who left my best friend to die in Ebou Dar and didn't tell me; after they had abused him for saving them in the stone of tear.

Moiraine when she was younger would be quite good as well. Bit short, but there is something appealing there I guess. Smart, slightly ice queen, but under a wry sense of humor and charm; plus heart of gold.

Toss up between Moiraine and Min. 

Lol.  Great thread.

It's tough to choose.  I'd probably say Siuan > Nynaeve > Min.

For boys, hmmm.  We don't really get any good male characters who do something besides fighting, unfortunately.  I didn't realize so many people liked Logain until I came to this forum.  I am a bit surprised noone has said Androl yet though.  I guess I'll go with..

Androl > Logain > Talmanes