DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is your ideal husband/ wife in WOT?

Gotta be Talmanes. I like the fact he's pretty silent, but has a sense of humour underneath. It's a subtle quality which I find quite alluring. However odd it may be, ha.

Although, my heart lies with Mat (and Beslan) but neither one of them is husband material... not in the way I'd like anyway.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Min's defense Rand was having sexy dreams of her long before she was taught Domani ways.

There should be a poll to see who's winning. Then again that could be difficult considering the number of characters.

:::UNOFFICIAL RESULTS SO FAR:::

Men Winners: 1st) Perrin 2nd) Mat 3rd) Logain or Lan

Women Winners: 1st) Min 2nd) Aviendha 3rd) Birgitte or Nynaeve

*Caveats*

*I didn't bother to check if people double voted.

*When people mention multiple characters I either added half a point or tried to figure out which character they picked first and foremost (i.e. Logain and Berelain were mentioned many times but weren't really picked #1)

I find fault with your point system. Isn't it more fair just to tally the names mentioned? I would imagine the poll would have multiple options, I mean per WoT, polygamy is an option.

And I'm not saying that because Perrin is the worst, and it hurts to see him ranked first. Not at all. :)

I certainly could have done it that way, and maybe I will redo it later for another Unnoficial Count, but I was just trying to give a quick idea of where the poll was so far. Of course, TBH, the numbers are so small that it is still statistically insignificant.

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Alright this is the best I could come up with. I counted a point for anyone mentioned as husband/wife material. In other words if you said "as a boyfriend/girlfriend", I didn't count it. That's probably why Mat isn't very high up.

MEN

6: Logain

4: Perrin

3: Talmanes

2: Mat, Taim, Galad, Asmodean, Lan

1: Rhuarc, Narishma, Beslan

WOMEN

11: Min

8: Aviendha

7: Nyneave

4: Faile, Elayne, Berelain, Moiraine

3: Egwene

2: Tuon, Birgitte, Lanfear, Bela (Danjaman and Kestrel, if anyone’s wondering)

1: Aludra, Melaine, Alanna, Riselle, Corele, Morgase, Siuan, Kari, Selucia , Eldrene, Laras, Setalle, Graendal, Tylin, Verin, Renna, Meidani, random slutty domani woman (courtesy of Dagon Thyne)

Edited by Master Ablar

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Alright this is the best I could come up with. I counted a point for anyone mentioned as husband/wife material. In other words if you said "as a boyfriend/girlfriend", I didn't count it.

MEN

Pretty sure you just wanted to showcase how well you did in the poll. :wink: Any chance we can get you to start posting in character a la Weiramon over at Theoryland? That dude is classic.

Pretty sure you just wanted to showcase how well you did in the poll. :wink: Any chance we can get you to start posting in character a la Weiramon over at Theoryland? That dude is classic.

I enjoy Weiramon's posts over there, they crack me up. :laugh:

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS

Alright this is the best I could come up with. I counted a point for anyone mentioned as husband/wife material. In other words if you said "as a boyfriend/girlfriend", I didn't count it.

MEN

Haha, I admit I was pleasantly suprised. Logain's character is a bit harder to imitate than Weiramon unfortunately. I don't think I can pull off his silent awesomeness/jerk with a good heart. Seriously I love his scene in tFoH: sleeps on a guy's property, escapes, hitting the man and stealing his money, comes back to rescue his companions knocking a guy unconscious, then makes sure he is alright. And that slight bit of arrogance shows throughout.

Interesting; the man-likers choose a more 'dangerous' candidate as first, but follow with two somewhat calmer candidates.

The woman-likers choose the more 'calm' as first, but follow with two 'dangerous' options (be honest, your life with Aviendha or Nynaeve wouldn't be calm :p )

What this says about men and women, I do not know. But obviously things work best if you mix the two :p

His latest gem in relation to Demy...

Weiramon

Burn my soul, I can see no advantage to posing as the King of some backward collection of petty lordlings and other riffraff and then bringing an army led by the Shadow to a gathering at Merrilor.

Why, it's not as though the slightest spark could set things ablaze, among touchy Borderlanders, even touchier savages from the Waste and Caihienens, Aes Sedai and Whitecloaks, Tairens and those Illianer dogs, Andormen and Murandians.

No, it is clear King Roedran is as loyal as any of the nobles close to the Lord Dragon, having secured his rule and gathered for war just as the Lord Dragon wishes.

His latest gem in relation to Demy...

Weiramon

Burn my soul, I can see no advantage to posing as the King of some backward collection of petty lordlings and other riffraff and then bringing an army led by the Shadow to a gathering at Merrilor.

Why, it's not as though the slightest spark could set things ablaze, among touchy Borderlanders, even touchier savages from the Waste and Caihienens, Aes Sedai and Whitecloaks, Tairens and those Illianer dogs, Andormen and Murandians.

No, it is clear King Roedran is as loyal as any of the nobles close to the Lord Dragon, having secured his rule and gathered for war just as the Lord Dragon wishes.

LOL

That is hilarious! (and spot on!)

Ok for s**ts and giggles, I'll play along:

I'd pick Riselle. Good with children and I'd definitely rest my head against her...well, you guys/gals have all read the series. :wink:

However, I can neither sing, nor play a musical instrument.

Well played sir... well played

I would choose Riselle as well. Sweet, good with kids, not a noble, likes "a bit of pinch and tickle" and beautifully large... personality... yeah personality... personality that you can rest your head on while having her chatter away about nothings.

Not that i dont admire smart and strong women, but sometimes its nice to come home to a well made martini and enjoy a nicely turned ankle.

As to my second choice or a more strong and independant type.

Morgase. Strong, beautiful, fiery, the leader of a nation, and not able to wrap you up in the one power when you forget your socks on the floor. (might take your head off for it, but at least she will do that honestly)

She's already had her children so Heirs are not a problem, doest have to worry about me taking power because of Elyne, Gawyn is already going to be First Prince of the Sword, all i need is a good honest job so i wouldn't be a dandy "hanger-on" and blissfully allow her to rule the country as she pleases. About the only problem here is when Rahvin comes and kills me off, but until then life would be good

The only problem with either of these scenarios is my actually wife would have a problem with both of these situations, so on safer bet i think i'll stick with the wonderful woman i have :wink:

Edited by Kamin_Majere
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm a man of many tastes and I have a hard time picking one, the choice depends on who I was and what my powers were in the Wheel of Time world...

I know that's weird though, but I guess it's important for me to "fit" the other character properly, I'd not want to simply ta'veren their interests and then not align too well with their general character traits.

For some reason I like crazy Lanfear. However.. that means that I would HAVE to be on Lews Therin level of power, glory and influence which would be super hard to achieve. Besides, deep inside I'd probably get power-mad if I went up to those levels and my interests would probably align with Lanfear at that point as to be the most "powerful entity" together. Yes, I know it's fucked up. Right now I wouldn't fit her but I think I'd actually get that power-mad if I was up there. What I'd like to do with her of course would be to explore to full extent what one could do with the OP if you combine it with a woman, would've tried to enchant powerful weapons like Perrin's Hammer... Make awesome ter'angreals... stuff like that. Or simply inventing new and awesome weaves. I don't know about True Power tapping but if we pretend that that's out of the question then I'd probably enjoy a thing like that. There's much glory in inventing cool and powerful shit! Yay for being crazy and power-mad.

Lanfear is one of those characters that I just secretly hope every time I re-read that I'll find some hints that she'll turn to the good side. She reminds me mildly of another character in another series(Nicci from Sword of Truth if anyone knows her) that initially is dark and power-hungry but eventually turns to the good side, and I guess I'm a sucker for stuff like that, which is another reason I'm so intrigued by what will happen with Tuon&Mat. I think though that to me there are very few character that turn sides in WoT unless they are about to die(Ingtar for example) and it's not really a WoT-thing to turn sides unless it was forced upon you. Fain is one of those neutral and vengeful evils so I don't see him as a side-swapper.

Aviendha is kind of exotic, I just like her for some reason. Decently adaptable for an Aiel and things like that. While I don't get all of ji'e'toh she seems to be moderately tolerant to "wetlander culture" and as I mentioned before reasonably adaptable. The core of ji'e'toh seems to be though that you aknowledge your mistakes or insults and put work in making up for it in some way (although through punishment isn't always my thing, admittedly). A kind and entertaining person with some, in my opinion, interesting "flaws" (flaws being cultural traits I just don't agree with but I can live with it for sure). And the image I have of her in my mind is hawt too, of course. There's really not many hints on what she'd like in a man though except that he must be Rand al'Thor (unless I totally missed something) which makes it hard to know "when" she'd fit me.

Birgitte would probably be fun too. If I was a military someone I think I'd enjoy being with her a lot, she never really expresses anything except that the men should have good looking bodies but an ugly face and overall rugged features. She seems to be someone you can have a laugh with and talk to about mostly anything without having to watch what you're actually saying, she's not really a touchy one unless it's about one's own danger or somesuch, or about keeping her secrets of course.

If I was someone like I am IRL, which would translate to kind of an inventor of sorts since I'm aiming to work with product development currently I think I'd enjoy developing weapons with Aludra. She does not seem to require much power and so on, she likes "clever boys" and I guess I'd have to be more pretty to catch her interest. Haha, but I think life would be fun with her, inventing a lot of things that are not related to the power does really sound appealing. Especially since the OP really is OP(overpowered) in the WoT setting, finding something to "beat" it would be cool, even if that's near impossible without something like Mat's medallion and even then there are thousands of ways to go around it.

I'm going to have to go with Rand here and say that I wouldn't mind marrying Min, Aviendha, and Elayne all at the same time. Any one of them by themselves would drive you nuts, but with all three of them you'd probably have a good balance. ;)

It might be just me who is strange but I would not mind date with Semirhage? Just with all the knowledge she have, that would have been a fascinating evening I think.

Until she replaces all of your blood with battery acid just to see what happens.

The rest of the evening will probably be fascinating for her, but probably not for you.

Until she replaces all of your blood with battery acid just to see what happens.

The rest of the evening will probably be fascinating for her, but probably not for you.

Good point, good point, however I was hoping to leave somewhere between dessert and torture time. :P

Possibly the funniest thing i've read in a few days, the way it was written seems so matter of fact(and of course laced with sarcasm).

Personally, like a few others, I've got a thing for lanfear(and when she was pretending to be selene) and i dig min's cheekiness, very endearing. I've always liked the feel and tone we've been shown from amys as well, underneath being one of the top wise one's i bet she's a cool chick.

I'd go with Leane post-stilling and Healing. She switches her entire personality, or at least accepts her true personality. Blue Leane is just too precise and controlled. Green Leane is all about having fun and living life to the fullest.

Plus, a gal that can set the heart racing with a slight widening of the eyes is just a huge bonus. She nearly had Bryne cream his shorts, and she hadn't practiced her Domani arts in years and years. Although her constant flirtations would be hard to get used to, she seems like someone you could trust not to betray your heart. She's just flirting for fun, but she always comes home to you at the end of the day. That's the impression I get.

hummina, hummina

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS (UPDATE)

MEN

4: Perrin

3: Talmanes, Galad(+1), Lan(+1)

2: Mat, Taim, Asmodean, Rhuarc(+1)

1: Narishma, Beslan

WOMEN

12: Min(+1)

11: Aviendha(+3)

7: Nyneave

5: Elayne(+1)

4: Faile, Berelain, Moiraine, Lanfear(+2)

3: Egwene, Birgitte(+1)

2: Tuon, Bela (Danjaman and Kestrel, if anyone’s wondering), Morgase(+1), Riselle(+1), Aludra(+1)

1: Melaine, Alanna, Corele, Siuan, Kari, Selucia , Eldrene, Laras, Setalle, Graendal, Tylin, Verin, Renna, Meidani, random slutty domani woman (courtesy of Dagon Thyne), Amys(+1), Leane(+1)

Think for me it would be a choice of 3. I have a thing for fiery, strong willed women, even more so if they have a sense of humour, and quite frankly its a bloody must or they would murder me ;-)

Tylin - My God every scene I read with her and Matt made me crease up, I would so have to tell her to do one with some of the stuff she did to him, but damn that women is a crazy funny and she's like a bloody rabbit... Definitely a top choice.

Birgitta - She drinks like a fish, farts like a trooper and has a sense of humour, not really got much of a sense of how she acts with men shes interested in though.

Min - Of all 3 of Rand's love interests I think she is my favourite, and the only one who really makes an effort to get to know him. but my reasons are fairly plain. She's funny and fairly fiery.

I'd toyed with Nynaeve and Avi who are both fiery/caring but they really lack the sense of humour factor. I think Ny would be bald within a month and Avi would stab me.. heal me then stab me again.

Edited by Morden

Okay, since we're doing dangerous and non-, I'm gonna go with Moridin (actually, I'd pick him over the "safe" guys). He's smoking hot, and I like philosophy and chess. Actually, maybe it's not that crazy. If all goes well, you will probably just listen to his psychobabble and play games with him until the Last Battle, after which either you will be single or, since Moridin is the "last to die," the world will and you will get to watch this with the person who made it happen. Just don't piss him off. And if he seems to be getting pissed off at something that's out of your control, like somebody's gateway or the origins of a chess piece, run!

For a safer male match, I'd go with Beslan Mitsobar. He's a little wild, but that seems pretty normal in Ebou Dar. Plus, he's a freaking king. Sure, he has an Empress over him, but when you marry nobility, you haven't got much to complain about. I'd say Mat, but I actually like him with Tuon/Fortuona.

For dangerous women, I'd go Graendal before I'd go Lanfear. Unfortunately, Graendal is actually scarier, due to her habit of breaking peoples' minds. But she's sexy as hell. Actually, her mind games are part of what makes her so alluring. Lanfear is attractive, but she's too obsessed with just one guy. Graendal wants them all.

Safer female bet... Holy crap. Egwene. Which is weird, because I kinda hate her, but now I just realized I don't. She's pretty, smart, and ambitious. She's like the girl from that Cake song. You know, "I want a girl with a mind like a diamond, I want a girl who knows what's best..." Yes, if I could marry any WoT woman, it'd be Egwene. Or Moiraine, similar reasons. *off to listen to that song now*