DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is your ideal husband/ wife in WOT?

Egwene pre-Amyrlin. No-nonsense, deals with things, and probably not too likely to push out of 'we are equals' equilibrium. Nynaeve has a bit of a bossy streak, Min seems a bit, well, bossed around (She isn't really, but I wouldn't say she and Rand really have a relation of equals).

Plus Egwene is intelligent and fairly hot, and not the kind of girl you'd ever wonder wether she's loyal (she'd just walk out, if she didn't like you anymore, I predict).

Unfortunately this whole post-Amyrlin relationship-goddess-thing with gawyn really sounds like she went all the way to über-bossy, and I am fairly sure I couldn't keep from arguing unless my life depended on it.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must also admit that I have a very big thing for Renna, the Sul'dam who handled Egwene, I am a bit on the kinky side and without going into to much details the whole concept of Sul'dam and damane is damned sexy.

I realize this is a thing for some people, but I thought the whole point of it was power play based on trust? The sul'dam-damane concept is nothing like that.

Good point. I'm also into power play, but not without the trust and consent. On the other hand, fantasy's fantasy I suppose. I'll admit that in a way I also thought it was kind of hot, but in practice of course I would never do something that wasn't consensual.

Edited by coldestcaress
I realize this is a thing for some people, but I thought the whole point of it was power play based on trust? The sul'dam-damane concept is nothing like that.

Exactly what such a relationship would be based on varies allot from person to person, but yes trust is common and that all parties involved is consensual is a must, however when looking at fantasy, that is another matter. Do I find the whole damane thing attractive on a fantasy level yes I do, would I actually like to be in a non consensual relationship no off course not, but then that is what this is, fantasy unless a hole opened in the floor which could take one to a fantasy world then these characters are not real, which allow my kinky little mind to fantasize all it wants, but yes if said hole in the floor did open under the feet I would think hum...shit I am a Pagan and into Reiki that might be close enough and run, run, run for the hills. It is the same that I have had fantasies of Vikings beating down my door and having their way with me and there is little trust in that fantasy, but would I like someone to beat down my door and do anything to me against my will in real life, no. What might be attractive in a fantasy and what might be attractive in real life is two completely different things. I read the Gor books by John Norman to which is rather poorly written science fiction smut and have I at times fantasized about being kidnapped by a handsome, unaging, bug worshiping alien hell yes, do that mean I would like to be kidnapped in real life no.

That's perfectly fair, I didn't mean to imply any criticism of something that is so personal and subjective. Fantasies are something that defies logic and ethics at times, and that's ok. I was just pointing out the difference in regards to how it worked in the books, which is something I have a huge problem with.

Faile.. She'd get herself kidnapped.. I wouldn't go looking for her.. and I'd inherit a fortune.

Eventually, when Faile's "tragic" disappearence becomes old news, I'd remarry Galad.

That's perfectly fair, I didn't mean to imply any criticism of something that is so personal and subjective. Fantasies are something that defies logic and ethics at times, and that's ok. I was just pointing out the difference in regards to how it worked in the books, which is something I have a huge problem with.

I did not mean to go on and on in my post. Anyway yes if the WoT world had been a real place off course I would have a problem with the practice of damane, women is taken from their homes, enslaved, dehumanized and tortured into submission and then they are mentally reconditioned into a child like state of mind and more or less made to love their enslavement and treatment, I would not want anything like that on anyone who is not a willing participant. In fact had the WoT world been real you would have had kinky folks from all over going down to in by the bucketful to protest the practice, you will usually find that those with such desires are some of the most fanatical when it comes to being against any form of force and anything done to someone against their will. But as a fantasy world and this happening to fantasy people I find the concept intriguing.

Faile.. She'd get herself kidnapped.. I wouldn't go looking for her.. and I'd inherit a fortune.

Brilliant plan. :D

Eventually, when Faile's "tragic" disappearence becomes old news, I'd remarry Galad.

It's for posts like this, that I really mis a 'kudo'-system for posts!

^ Had me bursting into laughter!

+1!

It's hard to decide - all the women are either queens or really really bossy, Which is fine, Nynaeve is a wonderful character, but not someone I could put up with.

She, Faile, and Aviendha are probably the prettiest, but there's almost no shy/nerdy characters outside of the Brown Ajah.

Hmm, I chose Bela.

Nynaeve. I love the aggression. If she were a 21st centuryer she'd swear a lot...

I like aggressive women

I'd have a dabble at Faile on two conditions; she acts like someone else, and she promises not to peck my eyes out.

Edited by Drekka Mort

Hmm, I chose Bela.

I wonder how Tam got through all those lonely nights on the farm...with the void...or with....sheepherders know what I am getting at. haha.

I'm pretty sure Berelain is the fairest of them all. She hooks up with Galad.

Just for a bit o' variety, I'll throw a line Meidani's way. Tough, determined, smart enough to know she's not done learning and ready to hit the road for a festival or two. Toss in the willingness to "try new things" and I think she'd keep my interest for quite a while.

no one picked Sureila , or Semiharg ??? :)))

where your sence of adventure ? :)))

husbend:

Perrin look like the best : dependable , no drama about him, have a live and let live attidute , deep strong feeling , willing to bend when needed (understanding Faile need of secrets) but can stand for his own on what he deem as importent.

Wife:

hard call if u go for sexiest -> Berlain, home maker -> Min , Mother type -> Nyn,

personally i go with Min since she seem to have the nicest /less Drama personality