DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's going to cheat?

TankSpill

So let's just all be honest here - how many of you will likely, upon receiving the copy of AMoL, skip straight to the end to read the last passage, the one Robert Jordan wrote, that some of us have been waiting 20+ years for? I don't know if I'm going to, but I have to admit, I can already, 3.5 months away, feel my willpower ebbing in that regard...

Edit: Just clarifying - I'm specifically talking about the part that Robert Jordan wrote, that he said has been written for 20 years. Not the climactic battle or anything, but what is likely to be the epilogue. In case it wasn't clear. :)

Not me bro. Im taking a day or two off work and gonna get myself a nice sweet, slow buzz and slowly digest each and every word from front to end. Just like i did those many years ago when i picked up the first book.

Full circle for me. Ill prob read the entire thing straight through but i dont wanna know the end.....til i get there. In fact just before the last climatic scenes, ill probably put the book down and have myself a good shot of somethin, smoke a cig or 2 and regroup for the end.

Lol.

But very true. Ive been waiting for this for too long, gonna enjoy it in its entirety

Never...I tried once after someone's suggestion that they always read the last page first with a different series, really did not like it....What I would do with WoT books though is read the excerpts that are prophecies or whatever, at the front and back, which I never considered to be cheating per se; don't know if I'll do that with this one though, feels like it may be too spoilery.

TanksSpill - I won't do it. Starting with the second half of the series I got into the habbit of really trying to enjoy every word. Ive been waiting for the end of the last book for 20 years - so no way I would spoil it at the finish line. I want to enjoy the journey in AMOL to get TO the end. But, do I think the urge to take your suggestion is understandable?

Of COURSE!!! :-)

Fish

Oh heck no. But then, I never do that. I know a lot of people do that often with books. For me, it's a big no-no, especially with a book like this I've been waiting a lot for and that really means something to me. I mean, sure, I'm excited to see how it all ends, but how we get to the end is just as important to me.

Also in regards to your edit, it would be like what my friend refers to as sport eating lol (don't know how she came up with that), I'll start with the part I like the least, once I finish that I will eat the next portion up and so forth....So I'll read the book from the beginning and be treated with the part I'm looking forward to the most, the finale written by the original author.

I won't plan on doing it. But what sometimes happens is, when I get extra anxious over a certain character's death, I flip through the last couple of chapters really quick with scuinted eyes. At least I can get hold of myself. I wouldn't recommend it. It's terrible since I miss read and my sense of dread doubles over whoever's fate it is that's got me worried.

I won't plan on doing it. But what sometimes happens is, when I get extra anxious over a certain character's death, I flip through the last couple of chapters really quick with scuinted eyes. At least I can get hold of myself. I wouldn't recommend it. It's terrible since I miss read and my sense of dread doubles over whoever's fate it is that's got me worried.

I would do something like that when I'm in a chapter and really wanting to see who the next chapter is about. There were many a Perrin/Faile chapter where I would flip some pages and just try to spy a name real quick followed with an interior "are you kidding me?/oh finally jeezus!!"

No way Jose.

Actually, I'm avoiding the temptation altogether by first listening to the audiobook, then reading it on ebook when that's out. I used to think that's a constraint I just had to deal with (can't get the HC where I live), but I came to view it in a different light: clunky prose can be a lot less jarring when you listen to it. Anything different than what I imagined it would be -- I just blame Reading and Kramer (oh Kate, you just don't get Egwene like I do...). It has other advantages as well -- instant delivery, only 7.5$ if you're not a regular customer with Audible, right there on my Android... what more can a man ask for?

I won't cheat for this one. Sometimes, for other books or TV series, I do because I really want to know if one of my favorite character dies, but for the WOT I will resist. Part of the reasons why I love these books is that I keep wondering what is going to happen next and how, so I'll make it last as long as possible.

Not me. I've waited too long. I've saved up a couple of personal days off and I intend to buy groceries then disappear until it's done.

I always try to restrain myself and read slowly when we get a new book, but I always find stuff I missed when I go back and read it again. Too bad this won't be out for Christmas. I couldn't think of a better gift!

I don't do that with stories I enjoy, like WoT. I've done it before though in stories I've found very slow as a sprt of pick-me-up kinda deal, and jumped ahead to random parts of the book. However if I'm enjoying the book or series enough I definitely don't do that, the story is about the journey more than the destination after all

Edit (Addition): Plus I'd think Bela wouldn't like it if I did that. She'd kill me to death until I died from it

I most deffinatly wont be skipping to the end. The last 2 books i have read in like 6 hours after i got them. This one im going to lock myself in the bedroom with my pipe and some good two rivers long leaf and have a nice slow read and i wont be comming out until its done. The wife wont like it but she already knows it will happen.

I most deffinatly wont be skipping to the end. The last 2 books i have read in like 6 hours after i got them. This one im going to lock myself in the bedroom with my pipe and some good two rivers long leaf and have a nice slow read and i wont be comming out until its done. The wife wont like it but she already knows it will happen.

In honor of Dragonmount shouldn't you be using a Volcano? :wink:

9-1-large.jpg

In honor of Dragonmount shouldn't you be using a Volcano? :wink:

Yah more than likely ill have to ask for one of those lol i will call it dragonmount too hahahahaah

Archived