DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nynaeve

Durinax

Aren't the AS that have been with Rand including Cads, Nyn etc all in his part of the camp?

Nynaeve left Rand's contingent to return to the Tower - I don't know why she went back and camped with his group, though apparently that's what she did. She is in the center of the camp that the Warders said was ruled by the King of Illian - Rand al'Thor. But I'm not at all certain that she is with Cadsuane and the other Aes Sedai who have been with Rand for some time now. Certainly there were no indications of that in the description of her situation, that I could see.

Perhaps she was sent by Egwene in the hopes of making an overture towards Rand. It is odd that we don't see them talk at all, though. He knows that Nynaeve went back to Egwene with a great deal of sympathy for his position - he specifically asked her to talk to Egwene on his behalf. If she's in the middle of one of his camps, you'd think he'd have asked to see her.

Then again, he hasn't been there long, and seems to have gone straight to Perrin. Perhaps he just hasn't had time yet.

I forgot that she was in the Illianer camp. Although she is in a very unique situation, with how the warders are keeping an eye on her much like the maidens did with Min

She's not in the Illianer camp. She's in a camp ruled by the King of Illian - Rand al'Thor. It's actually the Aiel camp, apparently.

The pertinent passage:

The Warder led them to an open area near the middle of the Field of Merrilor. There was a very large camp here, with a great number of small tents.

“Aiel,” Bayle said softly to her. “There do be tens of thousands of them.”

I forgot that she was in the Illianer camp. Although she is in a very unique situation, with how the warders are keeping an eye on her much like the maidens did with Min

She's not in the Illianer camp. She's in a camp ruled by the King of Illian - Rand al'Thor. It's actually the Aiel camp, apparently.

The pertinent passage:

The Warder led them to an open area near the middle of the Field of Merrilor. There was a very large camp here, with a great number of small tents.

Chapter 1 seems to imply she's with the Aes Sedai. Leilwin says they heard the call for Healing that Gawyn gave. Doubt that spread to the Aiel camp so fast. I think Nynaeve was in the border of the Aes Sedai camp, which was adjacent to the Aiel camp, which makes sense. Egwene would want to honor her teachers. And keep Rand close.

The pertinent passage:

Chapter 1 seems to imply she's with the Aes Sedai. Leilwin says they heard the call for Healing that Gawyn gave. Doubt that spread to the Aiel camp so fast. I think Nynaeve was in the border of the Aes Sedai camp, which was adjacent to the Aiel camp, which makes sense. Egwene would want to honor her teachers. And keep Rand close.

From the prologue:

The Warder led them to a tent near the center of the camp.

She appears to be in the center of the Aiel camp. She was near the Aes Sedai camp in chapter one because she was bringing Leilwin to see Egwene.

From the prologue again, at the end of Leilwin and Nynaeve's conversation:

Nynaeve grabbed her cloak off the bed and threw it on. “Come. We’ll take you to the Amyrlin. Maybe she’ll know what to do with you.”

Nynaeve barged out into the night, and Leilwin followed.

Remember that in the Prologue Nynaeve was taking them to see Egwene, she was most likely travelling through the camp (no need to use Gateways with this) to get to Egwene when the attack came.

Either that or it was a mistake.

Edit: Already beaten to it.

On the first post: It isn't really that surprising that she is with Rand. She never intended to go back to the Tower and only did it because of her loyalty to Egwene. Now raised as a "full" AS, and no reason to stay in the AS camp, she is likely to return to Rand, considering her thoughts expressed after her Testing. She is loyal to Egwene, but not the Tower (if that makes sense) She made it pretty clear that she will be sticking to Rand, because he asked her to go to Shayol Ghul with him. Her primary concern above all else is Rand and Lan.

I hope it's because she's loyal to Rand and because of everything she's learned from Cadsuane. Nyneave may even consider this group as friends because she's spent a lot of time with them too.

The real reason is probably because she is closer to those Aes Sedai than anyone else from the Tower and Egwene is being clever by sending her there to keep track of people she doesn't know, trust, or have much authority over as the new Amyrlin. Really, Egwene has no time to implant her authority on Cadsuane's group in the time they have left. She may think it's clever to place Nyneave there.

BTW......'Clever' is a rare way to describe Egwene I think. 'Pointless' is my usual term for her.

I hope it's because she's loyal to Rand and because of everything she's learned from Cadsuane. Nyneave may even consider this group as friends because she's spent a lot of time with them too.

The real reason is probably because she is closer to those Aes Sedai than anyone else from the Tower and Egwene is being clever by sending her there to keep track of people she doesn't know, trust, or have much authority over as the new Amyrlin. Really, Egwene has no time to implant her authority on Cadsuane's group in the time they have left. She may think it's clever to place Nyneave there.

BTW......'Clever' is a rare way to describe Egwene I think. 'Pointless' is my usual term for her.

Pointlessly clever? Cleverly pointless? No it's missing something...

Archived