DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

spoiler birgette

hypmatt

Many times throughout since she was ripped out of TAR she has stated that every time she wears or uses a sword she dies soon after.

Our first glimpse of her in chapter 1 and she's wearing a sword and grasping the handle.

To me that seems spelled out.

Admittedly i had forgotten about mins viewing with her but I'm still going with she dies

Many times throughout since she was ripped out of TAR she has stated that every time she wears or uses a sword she dies soon after.

Our first glimpse of her in chapter 1 and she's wearing a sword and grasping the handle.

To me that seems spelled out.

Admittedly i had forgotten about mins viewing with her but I'm still going with she dies

Yeah ... sorry, but I'm taking Min's viewings over Birgitte's complaints. She just doesn't like wearing a sword because she doesn't do it unless she has a responsible position that forces her too. That's more complaint than foreshadowing to me.

I don't think that it is the act of wearing a sword that dooms her. It is just that when she has to put on a sword (like when she joins an actual army) she usually ends up in dangerous situations. She makes no secret of the fact that she doesn't like being a soldier - that's not how she thinks of herself. She certainly doesn't want to be a general.

When exactly did she start wearing that sword? I seem to recall a discussion like this after ToM came out.

yes, she started wearing a sword in ToM and there was a discussion that this is a sign of doom back then.

ToM, Ch 22:

Though she had Guardswomen and men with extra bows at the hallways, Birgitte herself carried a sword, for an assassination attempt would most likely turn to close-quarters fighting.

considering the Bridg is an ARCHER , it make perfect sence that usually she die if she had to use a sword becouse it mean that she in a dire situation and cant shoot or get some distance away from the attacker.

it not like holding a sword is a curse that fortell her death.

I'm sorry I don't remember Min every viewing Birgitte every living through TG only the past and futures lives of birgitte's thread as a hunter of the horn. If Gaidal has been reborn (as she supposed while she still walked the dream, then it needs that she will die so she can be properly respun out by the pattern. As it is she's only piggy backing a ride on Elayne's thread I believe (whose own death would mean brigitte's death as well).

Who could do such a dastardly deed?

Archived