DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If WOT was a film who would play who?

maeve

This post went missing so doing it again...

I'm no good at drawing but of course I visualise all the characters. Sometimes i find that a character is visualised as a real person and it's so strong. In particular i see Mazrim Taim as Baal from Stargate SG1. He's played by Cliff Simon and has just the right amount of good looks, with cruel arrogance. I have a link below but not sure if it will take you to the right bit.

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/index.shtml

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else thought of the characters as actors on TV or cinema... maybe even a news reader!!!

I reckon it would be really hard to cast for a real film as so many male characters are over six feet, in fact well over 6 feet. Most actors are well below 6 feet.

I've a few more that I visualise but most of them are obscure and i'd need to search for their names.

Let me know who you think could star in a WOT film.

Guest Haxorsist

Padain Fain: Either Steve Buscemi or Kevin Spacey. Steve Buscemi kinda looks like how I imagine Fain, but Keving Spacey plays those kinds of crazy characters so well.

I could see Kevin Spacey in that role. The other one I can't shift in my mind is Dobraine. He's Julian Glover. I had to look it up and interestinly the wikipedia site had a totally inapproriate picture but then the one of him in Star Wars below which is how i see him. Well, not in that costume, he needs the powdered and shaved head.

i'm not saying i get this right. Sometimes i realise that I've not read the description right and seen them as a blond when they're dark - Logain for example.

I have just seen a similar and huge thread in the less general WOT discussion. Sorry for sort of repeating something, however, people are suggesting huge lists for a 'film'. I want to know when people really visualise that character as someone we see on TV/cinema.

On the other postings there were a few that stood out. Angeline Joly as either Lanfear or Berelain. I;m going to toy with lanfear and see if she fits.

OOo Angeline Jolie totally fits as Lanfear.....well she would rule as Berelain to oh the choices. I have no idea who would make a good who because people I like are totally not what everyone else thinks like Orlando bloom as Rand because he's got that kind of soft innocent look at first and then later turns hard.

OOo Angeline Jolie totally fits as Lanfear.....well she would rule as Berelain to oh the choices. I have no idea who would make a good who because people I like are totally not what everyone else thinks like Orlando bloom as Rand because he's got that kind of soft innocent look at first and then later turns hard.

Nothing personal or anything, but if Orlando Bloom even came close to being anywhere near as main a character as Rand, I wouldn't watch the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
i dono but i think if WOT was made into a film the mains should be played by unknowns or virtual unkknowns. with some acomplished actors to support ie LOTR

Exactly. That's what my brother and I were talking about a couple nights ago, and we couldn't think of anybody young enough and talented enough to play the roles of Rand, Mat, or Perrin. Unknowns would be necessary for an undertaking like that.

• 2 weeks later...

thats what they did with eragon and unfortunately the movie turned out to be a bust possibly because they destroyed the plot in the book and partially because IMO horrible acting or play writing idk on some parts, i think id have to kill someone if they turned this into a movie because there is no possible way that these books can successfully be translated into a movie and hold on to even part of the greatness of the books story line its just to complicated where in the book we get chapters rotating through people the movie would be like 5 min here 5 min there and there and so forth

lord of the rings is the only semi decent book to movie and i wasnt really amazed by it its the small details in a book that arent the main story line that truly make them great

I've just looked at her and she is very beautiful. the images were not great but I could see her as Lanfear -she looked a bit cold in the pictures which is how lanfear she be - in my view.

I am trying out this to see if i can do a link to the guy I think of when I am reading about mazrim Taim. Not sure if this will work. He's not in costume, which usually makes him even more Taim like but you should get the picture

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0800101/

My daughter and I like to talk about this every now and then. And we both feel that Sam Elliott should play the role of Thom Merrilin.

http://www.automatedculture.com/sam_elliott/moviepix02.html

Not only can he grow the mustache but he has that look of hidden knowledge. He could easily schmooze the ladies with his sly smile then, in a heartbeat, turn around and give someone a serious whooping.

I get to be Lanfear... Harriet said I made a good one.. even if I'm 4 inches to short at the very least, and am lacking the eye/hair coloration.. >_>

<_<

but in seriousness, noone could be Nynaeve but me.. just ask anyone ^__^

This is a great topic! I always visualize characters in my head when I'm reading. I have a huge list I could post, but I'll spare you! :lol:

But I will say this: I think Susan Lucci (who plays Erika Kane on the soap opera All My Children) would make a great Queen Tylin! She's old enough and still hot enough that I could see her chasing after a young man like Mat.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see Tim Roth as Padan Fain. He has played a wide range of characters and I can see him going from a normal person to a raving madman,

Natalie Portman totalty works as Egwene in my point of view.

Sigourney Weaver as Elaida? Think about it, she is mature, not a killer knockout but still handsome and she can play ice cold on screen.

Slap a mustache on David Carradine and you got Thom. He can play many instruments and can sing in real life. I don´t know about his real life kung-fu skills but he has certanly played my kung fu masters.

Ben Kingsley as Pedron Naill. Pretty old, not very muscular but still commanding and a great actor.

// G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well done with adding the link to the photo. I don't know who he is but he could be Rand if he had red hair and had the physique. Need grey contacts too. But his face has the right amount of youth and 'pleasantness'for Rand.

This is a great topic! I always visualize characters in my head when I'm reading. I have a huge list I could post' date=' but I'll spare you! :lol:

But I will say this: I think Susan Lucci (who plays Erika Kane on the soap opera All My Children) would make a great Queen Tylin! She's old enough and still hot enough that I could see her chasing after a young man like Mat.[/quote']

Oh please post your ideas. I looked up susan Lucci - i'm in the Uk so lots of people's ideas are unfamiliar. The first photo looked great and she seemed the right sort of age. Then the next she looked a lot older but I realised she's 60+ so she is looking good!

I could see Tim Roth as Padan Fain. He has played a wide range of characters and I can see him going from a normal person to a raving madman' date='

Natalie Portman totalty works as Egwene in my point of view.

Sigourney Weaver as Elaida? Think about it, she is mature, not a killer knockout but still handsome and she can play ice cold on screen.

Slap a mustache on David Carradine and you got Thom. He can play many instruments and can sing in real life. I don´t know about his real life kung-fu skills but he has certanly played my kung fu masters.

Ben Kingsley as Pedron Naill. Pretty old, not very muscular but still commanding and a great actor.

// G[/quote']

These are great! David C has the sort of age and 'leatheriness' that Thom needs. I'd have to tone down Signorney's beauty so it was just 'handsome' she has that sort of agelessness.

Tim Roth is good but i'd have to uglify him a bit more and i haven't really visualised Pedron Naill enough to comment on Ben K. Will work on that one.

• 2 months later...

In my opinon: Demi Moore would make a great Moiraine 'carse of her agelessness plus she can have a royal demener around her. also I think that Kristen Kruek of Smallville should play Faile because of well she looks like how I imangened her and she also has a broad acting abilty (if you don't beleive me check out these two episodes: Nicodemous Season 1, Spell Season 4.

Thanks!

Archived