DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle (open)

Matalina

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: btw, i pm'd arani, and she hasn't responded yet.... maybe she died?  :o  Sorry, bad joke, but, seriously, i wondser where she went?  ???

Probably drinking mint juleps in the White Tower.  ;D

P.S.

Used all of my time in the Tinker post today...sorry.

I'll try to come here first tomorrow.

:)

As the overhead dome disintegrated, so did the link.  GrandpaG lost his grip on the One Power.  Although he didn't think that he had been hit with anything physically, every muscle in his body contracted simultaneously and he collapsed and began thrashing about on the ground.  It might have lasted ten seconds but it seemed an eternity.  When he regained control of his muscles they were completely free of any pain as if nothing at all had happened.

"WOW!!!", was all that he could muster.

The other members of the newly dissolved link were standing nearby with stunned looks on their faces.  Some rubbed at their skin as if it itched or tingled.  One young girl had passed out and was being revived by a friend.  Shellee looked at Ghina with astonishment written all over her face.  "Good thing we had that shield.", she said calmly.  She was back to being a Wise One just that quick.  She turned to face GrandpaG.  "What now, master gleeman?", she asked as if he were the one in charge here.

GrandpaG managed to glance toward Pherno.  He wasn't advancing.  He wasn't doing anything.  Just standing there.  Grinning smugly.  Confidently.  Waiting for the Aiel group's next move.  No hurry.  All the time in the world.  Ready for whatever came at him.  GrandpaG could understand it.  He really had thought that shield would keep them safe.

"We run!", he proclaimed loud enough for all in his group to hear.  "If I am in charge, then that is what we will do.  A couple of hundred years ago, before I learned that I could channel, I was Tuatha'an.".  Gasps rose from some of the Aiel.  "That's right.  I was a cowardly Lost One.  But, as I grew up I learned that there comes a time when it is necessary to let your legs carry you to safety.  Either that, or awaken from the dream.  The Pattern decides for you which is to occur.  When my People learned that I could channel I was left behind.  I could have awakened from the dream.  But, I chose to run.  And here I am today.  Do you run with me?  Or will you stay here to have this madman end your dream?".

Ghina spoke as if thinking aloud.  "Retreat in the face of certain defeat does bring only mild dishonor and no Toh.  'A wise chief lives to fight another day.'  Who will join the gleeman?"  The group members looked around at each other.  One of the gaishain began to disrobe.

Shellee addressed the stripper.  "It's about time!  Your year-and-a-day has been served for several months now, Koreena!  Welcome back, old friend!".  And old she was.  Wrinkles everywhere.  Parts of her hung embarrassingly.  She had been in the link.  She winked at GrandpaG and gave him a toothless smile.  "I'll run with you, gleeman!  I'll need some proper clothing.".  :-[  The other Aiel were for some reason very willing to donate an item here and an item there until Koreena was decent.

"We don't have much time.", GrandpaG said trying not to sound hurried.  "If I may offer a suggestion?".  He waited for Shellee and Ghina to nod.  "This guy seems to like fire.  Perhaps the borderlands would be safer for us.  Remember the old gleeman's tale about Dorethia and her kitten Todoh?  They were trapped in the field of flowers with their friend the King of the Forest.  The good Aes Sedai Gwelendela made it snow and they were made safe.  Maybe we can be safe in the snows of the borderlands?".

Koreena was glad to be able to speak up again after all of that time as gaishain.  "There's NO SUCH THING as snow, gleeman!  That's just a tale spread by the likes of you!".  To emphasize that she had just made a strongly valid point, she sniffed, nodded, and kicked the dirt.  GrandpaG caught movement out of the corner of his eye.  Pherno must be growing tired of waiting.

Without wasting precious time on argument, GrandpaG reached through his statue and grabbed hold of saidin.  With the added strength he easily opened a gateway large enough for everyone to step through almost as a group.  The scene on the other side of the gateway made several of the Aiel gape in wonder.  It really DID exist!  A couple of the younger ones whispered a little too loudly about meeting Sandy Claws.

GrandpaG pulled his cloak up around his ears and stepped through urging the others to follow quickly.  For a brief instant he considered unraveling the weave to let it explode and burn everything on the other side to a crisp for miles around...including Pherno.  Then he reconsidered.  "He'd just get his boss to give him another relative's body and be back to bother us in a day or two.  Better to buy time by running.".  He did try to erase the residue as he closed the gateway behind him and allowed himself a sigh of relief. 

Pherno watched impatiently as the Aiel and grandpaG conversed frantically. Probably planning how to best defeat him. Fools, he was unbeatable! well, except for that time when Jon had set him alight as he died... that had been embarassing. well, Jon had burned, like they all would... yes, the ALL would burn! Burn in the fires of HELL!

With a start, Pherno realised that G was opening a gateway and the Aiel and him were exiting through it. He also realised that the other hundred Aiel had fled while he had been distracted. Damn! Damn them all to HELL! And he would. Pherno began running towards the gateway, his hands engulfed in flames. The last of the aiel fled through and the gateway faded as it was unravelled. NOOO! He could not trace them now!

Roaring in rage, Pherno lashed out with the Power, scorching rents in the surrounding earth. after a few moments, Pherno composed himself and stopped, realising that he had seen what was on the other side of the gateway. Snow. He hated snow. It was cold, it was damp, it was WET! It put out fire, and therefore should be destroyed. His first order of buisness would be to convince the Great lord to eliminate snow and replace it with a nice, molten fire rain.... that would be nice... raining fire.

Snow meant one thing; they were in the borderlands. The scorched, war-torn borderlands. Ever since the last battle had started a few months ago, the borderlands had been a never-ending battle-ground as the surviving borderlander civilians took up arms and fought the armies of Trollocs and Darkfriends that infested it. The battles were still going on, the Light side reinforced by the armies of the seanchan, and now, there was hope that the borderlands could be saved. a few dozen Aiel appearing out of nowhere would not go unnoticed by either armies scouts and spies, who were all over the once-grand borderlands.

Pherno grinned broadly and opened a gateway to the Shadow High Command centre in the borderlands, located in the repaired Fal Dara keep. From there, his high rank would garauntee that he wcould access the scout reports, and he would track the lightfools down, and burn every one of them.

"Phew.  That was a close one.".  GrandpaG held onto saidin.  He was not yet comfortable with letting it go.  Besides.  After all of those years of putting up with that horrible taint, it felt OH SO GOOD to touch a nice, clean One Power!  And his angreal just made it that much more enjoyable.  He stood grinning with his eyes closed.  He quickly sucked back in a small drip of drool before anyone could notice.  His eyes popped open and he couldn't believe what he saw.

The Aiel were going crazy!  Some of them stood dumbfounded.  Others rolled in the snow.  It hadn't taken them long to learn how to make the snowballs that they had heard the gleemen telling about all of those years and had not dared believe their wild stories about frozen water.  Now, they could actual touch the myth!  It WAS real!  There were more whispers about finding Sandy Claws.

"Well, gleeman,", Ghina said in between licks on a snowball, "it appears that you have bought us some time to think and plan our counter attack.".  Lick.  Lick.  Lick.  Shiver.  Lick.  "I think I could learn to like this stuff.".  Lick.

Shellee stood with her hands on her hips glaring at the goings on.  It didn't take a mind reader to know that she was not pleased.  It said a lot about her ability to maintain self control that she was not grabbing the snow angels by the scruff of their necks and shaking them until they regained their senses.  When she apparently felt that enough was enough she simply sniffed.  The entire group immediately stopped what they were doing and gave her their attention.  Including the gleeman.

His fireballs were falling from the sky at the trolloc mass that was coming.Black tide of the Fades and Trolloc's advanced toward the great city walls.He worried about his Aes Sedai.She was at the Tower,meeting with the Hall.It was not the time for worry,if they fail the city will fall,and the last hope for humanity will be lost.Lord Dragon was advancing toward the Shayol Gul,but he needed the Aes Sedai to join him when he comes near.This time both male and female will participate in creating the new seals for the Dark Ones prison.He was there to protect those Aes Sedai,he and five hundred other Asha'man.They stood at the walls linked in circles with Aes Sedai.He led his circle,because he was far most powerful in his group.So he created more new waves,splitting them to Fireballs and lightning.

"I'm cold, gleeman.", Koreena complained.  "How long do we have to stay here?  I'm long overdue for a good oosquai buzz!".  Shellee shook her head and looked disgusted.  GrandpaG thought he overheard her muttering something about taking the old woman gaishain again.

It didn't seem right to move along just yet.  They seemed to have at least temporarily given Pherno the slip.  Leaving now might be jumping out of the freezing frying pan back into the fire of Pherno.  They needed time to think.

To provide a little more comfort, and because it felt so good to handle large quantities of saidin through his angreal, GrandpaG channeled Air into the shape of a giant snow plow and used it to push the snow away from a large area.  The snowbanks formed walls that blocked the wind and hid their group from view.  They hadn't seen any rats or ravens yet, but one could not be too careful.  Without really knowing what he was doing, he tried to weave a cloak of invisibility out of Earth, Air, and Spirit to form a raven-proof dome over their shelter.  The air was still crisp but much better that before.  A few tied off sprigs of Fire acted like braziers and soon the place was comfy.

"Not bad, old timer.", Ghina nodded.  "Speaking of old, you must be almost as old as Koreena.  Is it because you channel?".

"I don't know.  Just like I can't explain my immunity to the taint.  Some say that false dragon Mazrim Taim has been channeling for a while, too.  Maybe it's like the coughing fever...some people just don't seem to catch it.  I don't know why else I would live so long.  As I remember, none of my family did.", GrandpaG said with a puzzled look on his face.

"Speaking of family, YOU were a LOST ONE?", Shellee almost yelled.

"Yes.  I was born Tuatha'an.  Until I started to channel, I followed the Way of the Leaf every day of my life without regret.  I still hold the basic beliefs deep within me.  But, after over two hundred years of wandering from one village of the unclean to another, I have picked up on some of their bad habits.  Like eating trolloc and drinking ale.", he said, pointing to old posts for those who might be confused.

Ghina was thinking.  She finally spoke.  "We don't have the wood.  We were almost cooked alive.  Actually seeing snow is about the only good thing to come from this field trip so far.  What's next, gleeman?".

GrandpaG was at a loss.  He felt like a rabbit hiding under a brush pile with a pack of beagles howling and following his trail.  Taking a breather was one thing.  He knew that sooner or later they would have to make a break for it and run again.  That, or stand and try to fight a more experienced, stronger opponent toe-to-toe.  After the dome disaster, he felt the urge to run.  If it wasn't for taking a chance on having Pherno follow him he'd really like to head back to Kelsey's for a pretty smile and some cheap ale!!!

"Can we shoot arrows through it?", he overheard one of the Aiel asking another while looking up at the invisible ceiling.  "What if a raven shows up?".  The other replied that the raven wouldn't see them so they didn't have to kill it.  The first Aiel shook her head in disbelief.  GrandpaG wasn't so sure that it wouldn't be better to just shoot the filthy creatures just to be safe.  This close to the Blight, they would definitely be spies for the shadow.  That could bring Pherno blazing down upon them.

"We always could go back to Rhuidean.", one of the younger channelers observed innocently.  "With the number of spears there we should be at an advantage."

GrandpaG experienced a flashback of his dream of the huge battle at Rhuidean.  Maybe that dream had only been part of his ale pollution.  Or, maybe it had been a foreshadowing of the Pattern.  He looked at the Wise Ones.  They were waiting for him to decide.  He thought for a moment longer then made his executive decision.  "There's only one way to find out."  He opened a gateway to the point from which they had left the desert city.  It really felt good to channel that much clean saidin.

Pherno prowled menacingly through the Shadow HQ at Fal Dara, the other Friends and lesser Dreadlords shying away from him as he headed for the Raven Airey, where the Shadoweyes reported to a waiting Myrdraal, who wrote them down and sent it on to the next official along the line.

Entering the large buiding, Pherno overheard the Myrdraal muttering to itself. "A large dome, you say, raven? Well, that IS interesting, but you should tell someone who cares." The Myrdraal loved doing that to the shadoweyes; it confused them horribly and they often spent hours rolling around on the floor, which brightened the Myrdraals otherwise dull day.

"Myrdraal, what was it that the raven said? Something about a dome, or was it in my head?" Pherno said. The Myrdraal scowled. "Yes, Pherno, There is a large dome of snow a few miles south of here. but it dissapeared a few hours ago, is it of any interest to you?" The Myrdraal responded in its rasping, crumbling voice.

Pherno smiled broadly and laughed. He had found them! Promptly opening a gateway, he skimmed to the point, and began tracking G.

It was daytime in the Aiel Waste so the moment that the gateway was open hot, dry air poured through it.  The giant dome heaved upward as the enclosure became pressurized.  The walls gave a glassy appearance as the snow quickly began to melt.  GrandpaG considered unraveling the dome before it had a chance to fall in on them.  No time for that.  Besides, he wasn't sure how he would do it.  Two hundred years of channeling tainted saidin in an emergency just didn't prepare him for what he was doing nowadays.

"We'd best be gone quickly!", Ghina shouted.  "Everyone through that hole...NOW!", she barely took time to point before running to obey her own command.  It didn't surprise GrandpaG that the Aiel were able to follow her in an almost solid mass without trampling anybody.  They were almost as remarkable a People as the Tuatha'an.  He followed the last gaishain through the gateway then closed it just as the dome collapsed.

"Phew.  That was close.  Again!", he thought out loud.  Then it dawned on him.  In his haste to get away he had not taken time to try to erase the residue of his gateway.  "CRAP!!!", he all but shouted.

"What did you screw up now, old man?", Koreena asked with her hands on her hips.  "Well?  Spit it out!  I have to find some oosquai!  I can't wait all day!".  Her toe started tapping anxiously.  GrandpaG was not in any hurry to explain his blunder.

"We...we'll probably get a visit from Pherno.  I forgot to erase my trail.  He can track us here.  Maybe with some of his shadow friends.".  GrandpaG gave that a few seconds to sink in.  "Maybe you should alert the authorities.  Things could get pretty nasty.  Sorry.  :-[ ".

Stepping through his gateway, Pherno realised that he was back in the waste. "How unimaginative..." The Voice said dryly in Phernos' head. Turning around, Pherno jumped in shock; There was a lake! And beyond the lake, was a magnificent city of domes and spires. Abruptly realising where he was, Pherno smiled evilly and laughed loudly. He had found Rhuidean! The shadoweyes had searched long and hard, the Aiel Friends had been unable to specify a location, and since all the channeling ones were fighting at the front, there had been no way to get large amounts of shadowspawn to attack. Until now.

Opening a gateway back to the Shadow HQ in the borderlands, Pherno planned his next move, the invasion and eventual destruction of Rhuidean, one of the last bastions of the Light.

Pherno sat on a black, armoured horse, surveying the perfect vista of Rhuidean from an overlooking hill. As a reward for finding the city, Pherno had been allowed to command the invasion of Rhuidean, but only the invasion; Pherno wasn't a very good commander, but this attack didn't need skill, because without walls, Rhuidean would fall. Raising the powerful sword angreal that Demandred had given him, Pherno drew deeply from it, and it glowed with a black light, until the dreadlord resembled a black sun.

Pherno amplified his voice with the power, and cried, "Aiel! It is time to die! Your fate is sealed, under a burning sky!" As he said this, he caused massive meteors of fire to fall from the sky, and explode amongst the buildings and spires of the city. One fireball crashed into the middle of an unfinished spire, and half the structure crumbled, crushing dozens of people. Over a hundred fists of Trollocs, each led by a Myrrdraal, several full circles of Dreadlords and ladies, and a few dozen platoons (500 men)of fully armed and armoured Darkfriends formed up around Pherno, coming into view of the panicking citizens of Rhuidean. The Shadow has come to Rhuidean! It has come! And all you can do is run, so do not be dumb! Armies of the Shadow, CHAAAARRRRRRGGGGGEEEEE!!!! Do not stop until the piles of bodies are large!"[/size]

As the whole Shadow army swept towards Rhuidean like a black carpet, tens of thousands of Aiel had donned their veils and were forming ranks to stop the oncoming horde. But although the were many, and their spears were sharp, would it be enough? Only time and the next few posts will tell....

OOC: oh, and NARISHMA, please post again, variety is the spice of life, you know. :D

GrandpaG bent over to kiss his butt goodbye.  He couldn't see the Aiel darkfriends now the way that he could in that horrible nightmare back at Kelsey's, but he knew beyond a doubt that they were there.  He could almost sense the shock of the Aiel fighting beside them as they learned the truth and had to start stabbing their former friends and neighbors.

Self preservation is a strong emotion.  It can sometimes override a sense of duty.  GrandpaG felt responsible for bringing this disaster raining down upon the good citizens of Rhuidean, and if he thought that he could make a difference he would stay and do whatever that was.  Seeing the overwhelming odds, and feeling his age-old instincts kick in, he followed his gut and ran.

Helena,Aes Sedai from Red looked at him,the scowl on her face was understandable,after all she was the most powerful after him,and she was the one who was supposed to lead the circle before he came.Red's now bonded Asha'man as warders,but that didn't changed their opinion about male channelers.They needed them but that didn't meant that they liked them.He smiled to her and continued to weave.Archers slowed down the tide of Trollocs and Myrdrals but only a little.Some fists were close to the walls.Some of them tried to straighten up the leaders,but lightning and the fires from the walls stopped them.So far so good,they didn't saw Dreadlords with the army,which made their job easier.They stopped for a moment,when

the gate opened in one of the towers and young tall Aiel dedicated stepped out.He came to him and saluted with fist on his heart.T'sorovan m'heil I have a message for you from M'heil.He says that Lord Dragon will need Aes Sedai in a week.You must send half of your forces to Saldea,there is huge amount of Trollocs there,he said without expression on his face.

Bloody Logain,what does he think,they needed every Asha'man here.There wasn't enough Aes Sedai in the tower to replace those As'haman who were going to Saldea.But those were not Logains orders although he was M'heil.Those came directly from Lord Dragon.Whe knew what he was doing,so he will just have to trust him.I'll send them as soon as i decide who is going.Suddenly huge Fireball hit hit the wall near them.rain og dust and rocks fell all around.He sensed saidin down there with Trollocs.

Blody hell he muttered as he checked those who were in circle with him.Lucky,nobody was killed,just minor bruises.

Jessica,blue eyed Aes Sedai from his circle healed some of the soldiers who were close enough to get serious injuries.

Hurry up,he though.I need you here.Bloody tower and bloody hall.Get here now.He hoped she will sense urgency in the bond and knew that he needed her.

GrandpaG had tried to have his gateway open near the Waygate in the Ogier Grove inside the gates of Tar Valon.  He was close.  The wall loomed high over head.  The Grove was gone.  Obliterated.  "Such a loss.", GrandpaG sighed reverently.  A messenger wearing a white tunic and the Flame of Tar Valon stood nearby staring up the wall.  "Come here, boy!", GrandpaG hailed him.  Seeing his gleeman's cloak, the boy came running.  "Can you get a message to the Amyrlin, boy?".  He kid shook his head yes.  "Good.  Tell her that GrandpaG needs her to send as much help as possible to Rhuidean at once...they're under heavy attack...can you remember that?".  The boy smiled and nodded.  "Well, then, go, lad!  Run like the wind!".  The boy took off like a shot.  GrandpaG looked around for a tree to lean against to take a quick nap.

When Joseline finally came he was ready to go to the tower himself and get her here.I have news from the Aiel waste,she said to him calmly.She was using all of her Aes Sedai training to stay calm,he knew that from the feelings that flowed through the bond.Deep inside she wanted to scream.Almost all members of his circle joined him to listen what she has to say.Many of them had cousins or Families in Rhuidean.That was only safe place left in this damned war.

Yesterday afternoon large amount of shadow forces attacked Rhuidean.PHERNO was leading them.The city was destroyed,nobody was left alive.All the time her voice was calm and her face was without expression.True Aes Sedai,no mater what happened.He wanted to empty his stommac right there but he didn't.I must stay strong,he said to himself.His wife and daughter were in Rhuidean in time of an Attack.It didn't matter now.He'll get his revenge,but later.This was more important now.

Cries of horror passed through the gathered group.Women sobered and men muttered curses,but he was calm like his Aes Sedai.People who knew that his family was in Rhuidean looked at him,some Aes Sedai tried to comfort him,Joseline was one of them,but he didn't paid attention on there words.All that mattered now was the fight bellow.Lightning began to struck black tide,more frequently and stronger than before.He used all of the power that he could get from the circle.The shadow will remember this day with horor he swore to Creator.Trollocs will fear to come here after this,this was the land of death for them.Nobody will be left alive.And all the time as he channeled memories of the blue eyes of his now late wive Maerie and memories of the happy smiling of his daughter hunted his thoughts.It was all his fault.If he listened his wife and let them to stay in Tar Valon,they would be alive now.I'll find you Pherno,he muttered to himself as he changed flows into the Death Gates,and when i find you,you will beg me for death.

The last of the 3000 prisoners, the survivors of the Invasion of Rhuidean, was pushed roughly into line withthe rest of the captives. Pherno smirked as he recalled the glorious slaughter of the Aiel at Rhuidean.....

The day before....

Pherno watched as the shadow armies smashed into the ranks of Aiel warriors, who held firm, against all belef. Pherno ordered the Dreadlords to direct their attacks at the Aiel soldiers, and leave him to concentrate on his meteor attack. The Dreadlord circles complied and soon lightning bolts and fireballs were raining amongst the aiel, and patches of earth exploded underneath them, sending dozens flying. Some trollocs and Darkfriends were caught in the vicous weaves, but no-one really cared; they were expendable.

Many Aiel Darkfriends revealed their true colours, and began attacking their fellow warriors. Soon half the Aiel army was in turmoil as it broke down into brawling and slaughter, neighbour falling on neighbour as they tried to fight the darkfriends, although they often killed other lightfools by mistake, thinking that they were servants of the dark one.

Despite this, the Aiel held firm, and tens of thousands more warriors and civilians under arms arrived from other parts of the city to reinforce the frontline. The Aiel held, and the battle continued for an hour, each aiel killing three, four, or even five shadowspawn or darkfriends before finally being killed. But for every servant of the shadow that they killed, another took its place, and soon the Aiel were being pushed back into the city. The few channeling wise ones who weren't fighting in the wetlands tried to stop the dreadlords attacks and launch weaves of their own, but their were too many of the shadow-channelers, and the wise ones were killed, shielded or stilled.

The battle degenerated into mindless carnage, as the Aiel army broke into small pockets of resistance, holding out in fortified buildings or helping civilians to escape. The shadow army slaughtered all in their path as they spread like a black stain across Rhuidean, burning and raping and pillaging. Many of the civilians had been left with nowhere to run except the waste, where they would die, so they had retreated to the reconstructed palace close to the centre.

Of course, they had no chance when Pherno drew deep from his angreal, and, weaving earth and fire, caused the foundations of the palace to be torn apart. The entire structure collapsed, and the civilians that weren't killed inside were soon roasted alive by the fire that engulfed it.

Smiling evilly, Pherno wove fire and prepared to execute the prisoners.

Calm down Joseline said to him as he woke up from a nightmare.It was only a dream,she said calmly.He looked around him.They were still on the walls,but it was night.The attacks stopped,but he didn't knew why.Dreadlords are not going to give up after few attacks,something else happened.

They retreated after the damage they suffered,she said to him before he asked.He smiled to her.Joseline knew him to well.

What damage,he asked her,trying to keep his voice down.

The damage tht you caused to them.

you don't remember,she asked with a hint of surprise in her voice?

No I don't he said almost angered by her calmness.How can she be calm in situation like this.

You used all of the power that circle could give you for a complex weave that no sister saw before.It was looked like the mist appeared in the middle of afternoon,but that mist killed Trollocs like the swords.When we were able to look down there again,there were hundreds of thousand corpses cowering the plane.Nobody was left alive.Our scouts reported that other Shadowspawn that were coming started retreating after Dreadlords heard what happened here.

OOC: sorry, but your post is a little confusing, can you use proper grammar, like talking marks, please?  :)

IC: Pherno laughed as he prepared to execute the last prisoner, a pretty woman with blue eyes. Her face was red and tear-stained, and she kept switching from looking at the charred body of a little girl at Phernos feet and Pherno himself. Suddenly the woman gave an anguished scream and threw herself at Pherno, wrenching out of the grasp of her Trolloc gaurd, and sent them both crashing to the ground. Pherno was so shocked that he lost the power, and was defenceless as she broke her badly-tied bonds and began clawing and scratching the Dreadlords face. "Monster!" She shrieked, but it was hard to make her words out because she was crying so much. "Die! Die! you killed my daughter! My daughter!"

The trolloc that had been holding her cried out in shock and tried to pull her off him, but she was fighting with the strength of a grieving mother, and wouldn't be budged. Pherno regained his senses and seized the power, throwing her off him with a weave of air. She spun around and pulled the trollocs sword out of its sheathe and eviscerated the surprised creature with a single swipe. Turning on Pherno, she raised the sword and ran towards him, screaming.

Pherno contemptuously wrapped her in flows of air, leaving only her head free. she continued crying and blubbering wordlessly, the rage flowing out of her. Pherno strode up to her, and began circling her, like a predator closing in for the kill. "So... It was you daughter i burned? I was only teaching a lesson that must be learned. Ha ha ha ha!" She looked up at him, and spat in his face.

"I hate you!" She cried defiantly. "The light will triumph, and your master will be slain!"

Pherno just laughed as he made her head explode in flames.

A Darkfrined captain came up to him. "Lord Pherno, what are your orders?"

"Move out, back to the lake. Tar Valon, i think, we need to take."

The guilt was weighing heavily upon GrandpaG's psyche.  How could he have ran away from the terrible scourge that he had inadvertently brought down upon Rhuidean?  He was responsible for the mayhem.  He should have stayed to suffer the consequences.  Innocent people would awaken from the dream because of his carelessness.  The Pattern had tried to warn him in his dream but he had misunderstood the message.  Now there would be hell to pay.

Hoping that this new Amyrlin Seat he had heard about was really the same person as the little girl that he had befriended in a small village several years ago, he almost wished that he had gone seeking her himself instead of entrusting such a vital message to a youngster.  But her really was exhausted both mentally and physically.  He couldn't find a decent tree, but he needed a nap regardless.  Finding a shady spot at the base of the wall, he plopped down in a heap and passed out.

Fire and water.  Fire and water.  Pherno.  Lake Rhuidean.  Fire and water.  Drown him.  Drown him.  Drown him.  Make it rain.  Fire and water.  Mist.  Moisture.  Make it rain.  Drown him with rain.  The mist of Rhuidean.  The cloud city.  Fire and water.  Drown him.

GrandpaG stirred.  The shadow from the wall had grown into the twilight of early evening.  The time of day that fades looked forward to.  Seeing imaginary images of the faceless everywhere that he looked caused his heart to race and brought him springing to his feet.  Seeing a candle glimmering inside a small nearby building, he casually ran toward it.  He didn't want to run carelessly lest he slam into an unseen lurk...or trip over a tree root.

Looking around quickly, he tapped at the building's door.  Something in the back of his mind made him wish that a trolloc didn't come to answer his knock.  "GULP.", he gulped.  To his surprise and delight, the messenger boy opened the door and smiled up at him.

"Ah.  There you are, lad.  Did you get my message to the Amyrlin OK?".  The boy nodded yes.  "Good boy.  Did she send a reply?".  The boy nodded yes.  GrandpaG waited.  "Well?".  The boy's mother came to the door.  GrandpaG explained the situation.  The mother frowned then apologized.  "He can't speak.  He likes to play dress up.  He's not really a messenger.  He doesn't know the Amyrlin any better than I do.  I'm sorry.  Perhaps you could seek an audience with her yourself?".

GrandpaG sighed and answered prophetically, "I imagine it's too late now.".  He lowered his eyes and turned toward what remained of the White Tower.  Now he had to decide whether he should continue to seek aide from Tar Valon or simply return to Rhuidean to face his fate.  "Life sucks and then you awaken from the dream.", he quoted.

"You",he called Dedicated that was nearest."Go to the Lord Bryn,and tell him that I will meet him an hour from now,at the Sunset inn."

Blue eyed man saluted and opened gateway.He crossed one of the bridges high in the air.People on the street's looked so small from here.It was a good place for thinking.And good strategic point.From here he could see miles far in all directions.He thought about his wife,deep inside him he hoped that she somehow survived,but he knew that such thing wasn't possible.

"You are upset",said female voice behind him.He turned around and met with a Dark haired woman,with green eyes that looked him like the cat looks at the prey.She was beautiful,but he didn't care at this moment.She smiled to him.

"That somebody said to me three days ago that Asha'man would save us all,I'd called that person layer,but now...."

She didn't continued,just smiled.

"Mother said that she would consider letting Asha'man in Tower,after everything you've done."

Her voice was flat,but clearly she was expecting some reaction.She was newly raised,or else she wouldn't been so obvious.

That would be nice,there are some angreals in the tower that my men could use.Her expression changed slightly,enough that he knew she didn't get the answer she was looking for.

"I haven't heard your name."he said to her.She blushed a little.

"Erin from the Green Ajah",she said proudly.

"Battle Ajah",he comented,"good choice in these Dark Times."

She didn't said anything,just looked at the horizon.

"My Owyn lost his daughter in the first attacks on the Saldea",she said quietly."The pain almost killed him,but talk helped."

Anger raised in him,hot like molten iron.Sadness tried to overwhelm him,but he ignored it.

"Who sen't you",he asked coldly with a hint of an anger in his voice.

"Nobody sent me,I know how it is to lost somebody and I want to help."

"Who sen't you",he asked again,this time letting more of the anger in his voice.

Her eyes widened,as she embraced the Source.She thought that he would channel on her.

"No need for that",he said to her as he calmed himself."Aes Sedai are our allies,and I would never use power on an ally."

She let go source.Good,now they could talk like people.

"Who sent you?"he asked now calmly."I know that you didn't came because you know how to help.The Greens don't do something like that for warders of other sisters,especially for the warders of the Red sisters."

Erin smiled,again,she seemed surprised that he knew something like that.

"Joseline sent me",she said at last."She worries about you".

"Last few days you are not yourself.You don't want to see her and you avoid every order she gives you."

He tried to stay calm.Joseline tried to use compulsion on the bond to make him obey the orders.She didn't knew that compulsion doesn't work on Asha'man warders.

"She knows why",was everything he said to her before opening the Gateway to traveling ground near the Sunset inn.He knew that Dark Ones minions wouldn't give up so easily.New attack would come sooner or later,and he wanted to be prepared. 

OOC: Thats allright. No harm done. :)

IC: Pherno surveyed Tar Valon from an overlooking hill, taking in the body-choked plains outside the walls, and the soldiers patrolling the walls. Pherno wasn't the general, but he had an important job; spearheading the next assault, leading a circle of 13. The shadow army was awaiting reinforcements after the heavy losses they suffered in the last assault. Soon they would begin the assault, soon, the last major city belonging to the light will be obliterated, wiped off the face of the earth. Soon, Tar Valon will fall.

One of the soldiers came down through the alley.He was Bryn's messenger that carried out the news about shadow army that was camping ten miles north of the city.He saluted when he came close and gave him Bryn's letter.He broke the seal with his thumb and read the report.At first he couldn't believe about the size of an shadow army,but then he knew that Bryn is not a fool.Information's that his scouts gathered were newer wrong.Five hundred thousand Trollocs and almost thousand dreadlords.Enough to wipe out the city in one blow.

This morning he had a meeting with young Amyrlin Throne.She gave him permission to use Tower resources in the upcoming battles.She was strong leader,and had an aura of command around her.Now he will have to hold her up for her word.There was only one thing that could help now beside callandor that Narishma is using after he found the way to channel safely through him.And that thing was in the tower.Most powerful angreal that Aes Sedai posssesed.

He knew that he will need every drop of One Power that he could get,after he read who was leading the Shadow forces.

Pherno was after the Lord Dragon most powerful male channeler alive.And with a thousand dreadlords by his side,Light only knew what he could do.

He wished that Lord Dragon haven't destroyed male half of the Choedan Call.With that quantity of power,even a thousand dreadlords wouldn't be a threat.

"Saddle me my horse",he said to young stable boy at Sunset Inn.

The Tower had wards against traveling,so he must ride.

Joseline was in tower,she was angry because this morning she injured her thumb on a rose thorn.He will not go to her,until she stops trying to force him into the obedience.

"When that happens the sun will rise on the north",he muttered to himself.

The streets were full as always.Even a Last Battle would not stop people from trading.

The white tower loomed over the city,comforting people as an reminder that as long as the Tower Stands they don't have to worry.If they knew what he knew,everyone would fled.

The tower stood proudly,For Now.

"Suck it up, you old coward.", GrandpaG told himself as he formed the gateway back to Rhuidean.  He had no idea what he would find on the other side, but his gut told him that he had to go back there.  If today was the day that he was meant to awaken from the dream then that was the will of the Pattern and he had no way to change it.  Acceptance was ingrained deep in his bones.  He had been taught the Way of the Leaf from the time that he was born until he was sent away from his father's wagon.  Lessons learned at a young age are not forgotten.  He opened the gateway and stepped through.  Cautiously.

It felt like someone had hit him in the chest with a sledge hammer.  What lay before him was too much to accept as real.  Much of what had been a beautiful, new, growing city was now in ruin.  Smoke from still burning fires billowed wildly upward everywhere.  Where the fires had burned themselves out, only charred rubble remained.  It was quite simple to count the number of structures that appeared to have gone untouched because they stood out so prominently against the blackened backdrop.

The people were gone.  Corpses were everywhere.  But the living, breathing, laughing, playing, working, trading, people of Rhuidean no longer did any of those things.  Men.  Women.  Children.  The killers had not been selective.  Even the dogs had been slaughtered.  Nothing moved except GrandpaG...the person who had led Pherno here...the one to blame.  The Way of the Leaf did not allow for awakening oneself from the dream.  GrandpaG considered for a moment that he just might have to forget that particular lesson.

"You have done well, Pherno." Demandred said to the prostrating Dreadlord. "You are more powerful than me, even, as much as i hate to admit it. And there is one thing that you will need to know." Holding out his hand, the chosen pointed at a nearby Trolloc, and a beam of pure white light shot out. the beast didn't have time to cry out as it was burned out of the pattern. "this, Pherno, is balefire. Use it carefully, and do not use it on more than a few people at once, or it might unravel the pattern itself. prepare, Dreadlord Pherno, for the attack on tar valon, the final attack on tar valon, begins at dawn."

OOC: Ok, guys, this is it, lets take this very slowly.  :) No finishing this in a few posts like last time, please. This should be like the whole lord of the rings minas tirith siege, long and exciting. ;D The final assault on tar valon begins.... mwa ha ha ha!  ;D