DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

13x13 and Bonding

thisguy

They will feel that the persons personality has changed, It may affect them a bit too since they mirror each 9other a bit but I doubt it would corrupt the other to become the same.

That mirroring effect happens solely with Elayne and Birgitte. Even then, they can control it if they try. It's probable that being of the same gender somehow strengthens the "psychic flow" - women being more on the same "wavelength" than women and men. It just makes you more strongly aware of what your bonded feels.

They will feel that the persons personality has changed, It may affect them a bit too since they mirror each 9other a bit but I doubt it would corrupt the other to become the same.

That mirroring effect happens solely with Elayne and Birgitte. Even then, they can control it if they try. It's probable that being of the same gender somehow strengthens the "psychic flow" - women being more on the same "wavelength" than women and men. It just makes you more strongly aware of what your bonded feels.

This.

At most the bondid would know the other was corrupted.

Not all BA warders knew their AS was evil - there was a pov from one of the 13 that fled the tower where she thinks how one of hers is coming to kill her for being BA regardless if cost to himself

We know AS can do some masking of emotion in the bond but I would guess there would be loss of control during it and assuming its done in the town or shayol Gul the warder might wonder what she is doing so far north

Not all BA warders knew their AS was evil - there was a pov from one of the 13 that fled the tower where she thinks how one of hers is coming to kill her for being BA regardless if cost to himself

We know AS can do some masking of emotion in the bond but I would guess there would be loss of control during it and assuming its done in the town or shayol Gul the warder might wonder what she is doing so far north

You beat me to it. I was just going to bring this up. The Aes Sedai fleeing felt her warder getting closer, and had masked the bond previously when he almost found her. I forget the sister's POV, but it was neat to see that not all warders were DF's. I think that Egwene was also discussing the implications of what to do with the warders of the sisters they captured, to be tested to see if they were or were not DF's. I think that if an AS can be a DF but not the warder, then the Warder's strength, healing, etc. comes from the Power and not their Aes Sedai's orientation to Light or Dark.

Yes, the difference is Warders, generally speaking, aren't channelers. All the Ashaman are channelers. So, would their AS being turned turn them? A BA bonding a Warder who isn't a DF is a whole other matter. Or, an AS taking the three BA oaths is a whole other matter, especially when bonded to a regular warder.

I'm talking about an AS forcibly turned by the 13x13 method while being bonded to an Ashaman - or vice versa.

Archived