DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tower Aes Sedai in TDR

bigdoug1971

Probably a silly question, but before they captured Rand and were staying in the house in Carhein, why did they have to continually keep channeling?

Sarene Sedai, after talking with Galina and her sisters was thinking to herslef they were preparing for failure, retired upstairs then filled herself with Saidar to the point where sweetness almost became pain then started going through novice exercises. She told herself these were "as good as any".

What was the point in this? It seemed to me that they were all going through channeling exercises in the house. The only possible reason I can guess is that perhaps they were making sure that if anyone was trying to detect them channeling they would find it all as harmless weaves in the house. At the same time, I didn't think they were doing anything "harmful" either, so my reasoning don't make sense to me.

Probably a silly question, but before they captured Rand and were staying in the house in Carhein, why did they have to continually keep channeling?

Sarene Sedai, after talking with Galina and her sisters was thinking to herslef they were preparing for failure, retired upstairs then filled herself with Saidar to the point where sweetness almost became pain then started going through novice exercises. She told herself these were "as good as any".

What was the point in this? It seemed to me that they were all going through channeling exercises in the house. The only possible reason I can guess is that perhaps they were making sure that if anyone was trying to detect them channeling they would find it all as harmless weaves in the house. At the same time, I didn't think they were doing anything "harmful" either, so my reasoning don't make sense to me.

They did it so no one knew they were briefly holding Rand there after he was kdnapped and they had to keep a continuous shield going.

Archived