DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne New Ter'Angreal

nolirion

This is an Idea that I have been wondering for some time , the eventuality of Ter'Angreal been built to serve a simple purpose with no link to the TaR or the fight against the shadow , specifically diverse machine to help the day to day life , from auto to medical machine, created by Elayne.

This idea came to me first when Rand had had the vision of the Aiel's past , the glimpse at a modern world similar to ours made me wonder to what extent can a Ter'Angreal be design and to what function .

Then when Min had her vision in "A testing " of ToM , about callandor being held in a fist made of onyx . The tough of Hand made out of the Same metal of the Male A'dam went to me , while I agree this is perhaps not the true meaning of this viewing . This is at this time that I began to wonder if Elayne will not try to "fix" Rand's left arm .

This was one of the question I wanted to Ask to Sanderson when he came to Paris to sign book , but there was no time .

I let the Idea for some time , discarding its eventuality , until I reread the Great hunt , then I was quite surprise to see in chapter 24 :" New Friends and Old Enemies "

When Elayne introduce Egwene to Min for the first time, and she speak about her vision "foretelling" Egwene future as Amyrlin ,there is this bit

"She says that a great deal ," Elayne said dryly. "One of the things she said she saw looking at me was a severed hand. Not mine, she says. She claims she does not know what it means ,either "

So this is a stretch ,but maybe she will make a hand for Rand, I say maybe because Min saw a black hand and did not connect the two vision , apparently she did not see anything in particular with the first vision .

But I think this would be great if she could make prosthetic limb , this could open the field for Ter'Angreal .

This is an Idea that I have been wondering for some time , the eventuality of Ter'Angreal been built to serve a simple purpose with no link to the TaR or the fight against the shadow , specifically diverse machine to help the day to day life , from auto to medical machine, created by Elayne.

This idea came to me first when Rand had had the vision of the Aiel's past , the glimpse at a modern world similar to ours made me wonder to what extent can a Ter'Angreal be design and to what function .

Then when Min had her vision in "A testing " of ToM , about callandor being held in a fist made of onyx . The tough of Hand made out of the Same metal of the Male A'dam went to me , while I agree this is perhaps not the true meaning of this viewing . This is at this time that I began to wonder if Elayne will not try to "fix" Rand's left arm .

This was one of the question I wanted to Ask to Sanderson when he came to Paris to sign book , but there was no time .

I let the Idea for some time , discarding its eventuality , until I reread the Great hunt , then I was quite surprise to see in chapter 24 :" New Friends and Old Enemies "

When Elayne introduce Egwene to Min for the first time, and she speak about her vision "foretelling" Egwene future as Amyrlin ,there is this bit

"She says that a great deal ," Elayne said dryly. "One of the things she said she saw looking at me was a severed hand. Not mine, she says. She claims she does not know what it means ,either "

So this is a stretch ,but maybe she will make a hand for Rand, I say maybe because Min saw a black hand and did not connect the two vision , apparently she did not see anything in particular with the first vision .

But I think this would be great if she could make prosthetic limb , this could open the field for Ter'Angreal .

Actually, I think you might be on to something. I've been hoping for someone finding or creating a prostethic for him since his hand was burned off. The only problem I have with the idea is, where will she find the time?

Edit - maybe she can make the hand so that it can be a buffer when he hold callandor.

Maybe she'll find the time next time she gets kidnapped, and is waiting for rescue. ;)

But seriously, this idea has some merit. I don't know that there's room for it to happen in AMoL, though. Maybe as part of the epilogue, assuming none of our other crazy fan speculation happens. (body-swap, TaR, etc.) There seems to be another few things foreshadowing this, but I can't remember at the moment.

On the other hand, (ha!) it would seem like she would have started along this path already. honestly, thinking about it from a writer's perspective, I find it unlikely. it doesn't have REAL plot significance, and there's no established arc. AMoL is third act, so all I'm really expecting is pay-off from the first two.

Archived