DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Androl's PoV

Luckers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pevara did seem to act differently, but I can chalk that up to extreme nerves. All of them acted strangely. At any minute Taim's men could come and take them to be 13x13. At night in a storm, and Asha'man meeting Aes Sedai on equal terms, in the circumstances.

Obvious interesting point being Androl's maddness (if it is that, and not something else) I find it hard to believe that saidin wasn't cleansed properly, so I am curious to see if it is something else, or unique to Androl.

This kinda amused me :

Thirteen Myrddraal and thirteen channelers, together in a horrifying rite, could turn any channeler to the Shadow. Against his will.

tumblr_m8cv2zpjKl1qegw8v.jpg

i think his madness is more from his use of tainted saidin before the cleanse (do we know when he went to the BT) ?

we are told he was blocked before i think? so he must have channeled saidin before the cleanse if not before the BT and that would be why i think he has the madness.

and pevara did seem a bit odd but like you, i am putting more on the atmosphere then and the dire situation needing something to be done

It isn't his madness that is the problem. It is the fact that it is getting worse, after the Taint was cleansed.

Before he saw shadows when he held saidin, and that was after the Taint in ToM. Now he sees it when he isn't channelling aswell.

ah sorry didnt fully understand what you meant :p my bad

maybe the closeness of the actual 13*13 process is doing that to the madness? and the DO's influence increasing around the BT?

Remember, when they cleansed Saidin that did not heal the damage done to those already affected by the taint. We don't know that the taint hadn't already warped Androl's brain to the point that his visions would appear to get worse over time. His symptems are vaguely similar to the Ashaman that Nyn healed the madness from

It isn't his madness that is the problem. It is the fact that it is getting worse, after the Taint was cleansed.

Before he saw shadows when he held saidin, and that was after the Taint in ToM. Now he sees it when he isn't channelling aswell.

This is just a stab in the dark but perhaps it's the rocks from Shayol Ghul that are making it worse.

This just a stab in the dark but perhaps it's the rocks from Shayol Ghul that are making it worse.

Indeed, a nice stab :tongue:

It is as good a reason as any, and it gives an actual reason for the stone to be there.

Every time I read Androl, I am always thinking "Nynaeve, please show up to heal him!" Cannot help that feeling. I would love to see him healed of the taint and bonding Pevara.

I know! Does anyone beside Rand and the guy she healed even know she can do that?? Wouldn't that guy be running around to all his crazy Asha'man buddies telling them that Nynaeve Sedai has got the medicine??

Every time I read Androl, I am always thinking "Nynaeve, please show up to heal him!" Cannot help that feeling. I would love to see him healed of the taint and bonding Pevara.

I know! Does anyone beside Rand and the guy she healed even know she can do that?? Wouldn't that guy be running around to all his crazy Asha'man buddies telling them that Nynaeve Sedai has got the medicine??

She healed Narishma and Flinn as well, but Rand warned her to stay away from the BT (as if she didn't know to do that already).

I keep picturing Androl making teeny tiny death gates and flicking them over and over off the tips of his fingers like boogers.... Sorry, I digress. We have to expect Naeff to show up in a disguise at some point, right? I wonder if Androl got 13 Ogiers and 13 channelers then he could compel someone to the Light?

She healed Narishma and Flinn as well, but Rand warned her to stay away from the BT (as if she didn't know to do that already).

With Flinn such a talented healer, I would expect a discussion between him and Nynaeve, with a small demonstration of the weaves in a circle, to allow him to complete her task. Flinn and any talented Ashaman healers can probably remove the taint as effectively as Nynaeve. And we know that Logain's faction was under orders from Logain to research healing. Maybe they'll manage it with Flinn's help, Naef's help, or on their own.

With Flinn such a talented healer, I would expect a discussion between him and Nynaeve, with a small demonstration of the weaves in a circle, to allow him to complete her task. Flinn and any talented Ashaman healers can probably remove the taint as effectively as Nynaeve. And we know that Logain's faction was under orders from Logain to research healing. Maybe they'll manage it with Flinn's help, Naef's help, or on their own.

I'm not so sure about that. This strikes me as another type of thing which, to be done right, might need to be done by women to men and vice versa. Or rather, by saidar to saidin and vice versa.

I'm not at all sure, of course. It may be that the men can do it fine, and Flinn is certainly a prime candidate if so. But I wonder, with the taint having used saidin as its channel, if saidin will be able to repair the damage.

This just a stab in the dark but perhaps it's the rocks from Shayol Ghul that are making it worse.

Indeed, a nice stab :tongue:

It is as good a reason as any, and it gives an actual reason for the stone to be there.

this, but wouldn't it affect all? or would the DO provide protection from the stone once the deed has been done?

I'm not so sure about that. This strikes me as another type of thing which, to be done right, might need to be done by women to men and vice versa. Or rather, by saidar to saidin and vice versa.

Personally, I don't get that impression. Nynaeve appeared able to sense what touches Aran'gar added on Delana's Compulsion, and practicing with Compulsion is what made Nynaeve see how to deal with the Taint. I'd venture that the Taint can be removed by saidin as easily as it could by saidar (which is to say, with extreme difficulty).

It could just be the general atmosphere of the place. The Blacktower has become so infused with darkfriends and whatnot that its literally influencing the actual area, much like Mordeth would have done to Aridhol I imagine. The pattern is loose in many places, and this could be one of those places showing symptons of a Shadow-run area.

Archived