DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's Past Life

Vassili

I don't believe this. There are no known or hinted at reincarnations except Rand/LTT. I think RJ simply wanted to make a point out of the fact that mistrust is destructive and that it does as much damage now as it did an age ago. That is a far more likely reason for the similarities in my opinion.

I don't believe this. There are no known or hinted at reincarnations except Rand/LTT. I think RJ simply wanted to make a point out of the fact that mistrust is destructive and that it does as much damage now as it did an age ago. That is a far more likely reason for the similarities in my opinion.

Well there is possibly Mat as Aemon's reincarnation.

Perrin is Kevin Costner reborn, obviously.

Mat is, indeed, Aemon reborn. Tuon, thus, is Elisande (she can even channel!) :p

Egwene is obviously Mierin reborn, despite the soulsplitting problem. After all, who else fits the role of Rand's 'girlfriend when I was younger'? Indeed. Thus, as Mierin destroyed the grandest structure of mankind in the AoL, Egwene will make the White Tower explode.

It is all so obvious! ;)

Lol the Mat thing is weird and maybe messed up

His first memory - from his Old Blood- was of the leader of the original Shen en calahar(sp?) from the fall of Manetheren, so that life was when Aemon was alive

If he served Aemon he can't have BEEN Aemon QED

Strangely I can't recall anyone bringing up the guys name, despite it surely being something surely recorded in history

Lol the Mat thing is weird and maybe messed up

His first memory - from his Old Blood- was of the leader of the original Shen en calahar(sp?) from the fall of Manetheren, so that life was when Aemon was alive

If he served Aemon he can't have BEEN Aemon QED

Strangely I can't recall anyone bringing up the guys name, despite it surely being something surely recorded in history

His memory was ordering forward the "Heart Guard"(King's Bodyguard), not sure who else that would be besides Aemon himself. In addition Brandon has said the memory comes from...

SLEEPINGHOUR

In The Eye of the World, is Mat remembering the Old Tongue from his own past life or from his ancestors?

TEREZ

Good question. He seems to have confirmed Old Blood for the Old Tongue, but the Aemon memory?

FELIX PAX

That's what my belief is, Aemon. Mat Cauthon is the reborn soul of Aemon. Aemon's Old Tongue.

BRANDON SANDERSON

It isn't made clear. It could be either. The implication is his bloodline.

Umm wasn't there a bit where Mat thinks on whose memories he can remember and one was the commander of the original Band - who all died saving the people's escape

I'll have to read it but I am pretty sure I remember a pov from that life as from someone clearly not Aemon

Also why would the king lead his bodyguard? Most armies that is someone else - eg Mattin stap doesn't lead the companions though he does order them

Mat is NOT Aemon , in my opinion he was Aemon hearth guard commander/ cout main hero / the king go to guy... the same role Bridget fill in Elain court

probably every person in 2 river have a Mantehern past life, i lean toward Nyn being the current incernation of the late Queen, STRONG channeler , going EXTREME when she love.

Mat is NOT Aemon , in my opinion he was Aemon hearth guard commander/ cout main hero / the king go to guy... the same role Bridget fill in Elain court

probably every person in 2 river have a Mantehern past life, i lean toward Nyn being the current incernation of the late Queen, STRONG channeler , going EXTREME when she love.

How do you square BS's quote then that it's either Aemon or his bloodline? That in itself rules him out just being some soldier. Not to mention his war cry includes "Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!", so it has to be someone of high rank, that has a war cry including what would be his wifes name. Tie that into the BS quote and I'm not sure what other explanation there is.

the quote say bloodline

bloodline can also mean /brother/ Nephew/ great great uncle...

and how " hearth guard commander/ cout main hero / the king go to guy... the same role Bridget fill in Elain court" indicate anything BUT a VERY high rank ?

a.bloodline is not equal reincarnation

u can be a decendent of A while u reincarneting B

b. bloodline dont mean DIRECT bloodline, the decendent of your a nephew is also part of the bloodline simply a bit removed.

I'm sorry you lost me. I have no idea what you are trying to state with.

u can be a decendent of A while u reincarneting B

I understand perfectly what bloodline means but the quote clearly says although bloodline is implied it could be that or he could be Aemon reborn.

If I have bot understood it wrong everyone is reincarnated the next age, however most will not remember it or necessarily share allot of the same traits and qualities of their former life.

Ummm

His bloodline - I read that as meaning mat's bloodline

Was the orig band existing same time as Aemon if so can't be Aemon as the band leader was a different person

Not sure why you read it that way as the quote clearly says the "implication" is bloodline but that it could either. Further where is this ideas coming from that Mat was the leader if the original band?

Archived