DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Prologue Spoiler] DO Prison Theory

harshitvaria

I have a partial theory that I thought I'll post it out there and let people poke holes in it.

The dark one cannot break free of his prison without dark rand's help. Here is why I feel that is the case.

1) At the start of the book Ishamael offers the dark LTT (I call him dark LTT since at this point he is broken by his actions) an option to join the dark one. (Why would the dark one need him at all? He heals the madness to give LTT a final chance to choose)

2) Through out the series there are several cases where the DO helps rand avoid death. (Semirage sending help in the stone, Dashiva prompting Flinn to save rand, etc.) He tries to torture Rand but not kill him. Attempts at killing rand have been punished (Lanfear is being punished, Samael was allowed to die. Moridin was in city at the time but helps rand instead of Samael)

3) once rand gets his power up in VOG the DO now orders him killed via slayer since he knows Rand cannot help him anymore thereby bringing this age to an end and waiting for the wheel to turn.

I have no theories on how the bore was created or how it can be sealed but feel confident that even if the bore was left alone the DO cannot get out of his prison. Nothing explains his actions otherwise.

theres no problem with making another post - no need to delete it. i didnt mean to come off to you that way. just wanted to let you know that youre far from the first to have a theory in that direction and there is probably a bunch of people here who can link you to some good material relating to your theory.

Archived