DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"

Ironeyes

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you talk about your problems more on DM than in real life?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the premise of this thread is flawed, actually. Assuming you act anything at approaching normally (for you) on here, this is not perfect anonymity. The people on here will still know you, albeit under a different name.

However, I don't think I would feel comfortable sharing things even in a completely anonymous environment. I just don't really like talking about myself except with people that i trust 100%.

Im divorced. Work grueling hours. Love to drink and snowboard.

See. Not so hard.

I feel that personal info isnt such a precious thing as needs to be guarded and hoarded. My ex wife was that way. Couldnt talk about her with my family cuz everything was personal.

Such a hassle.

I think the premise of this thread is flawed, actually. Assuming you act anything at approaching normally (for you) on here, this is not perfect anonymity. The people on here will still know you, albeit under a different name.

However, I don't think I would feel comfortable sharing things even in a completely anonymous environment. I just don't really like talking about myself except with people that i trust 100%.

You trust people 100%?

No good. Gout?

Cancer acutually.

I share anything so long as I think it is a thng people can't use against me somehow. And uh...though there is a large number of things on that list, there is a fair bit I am always willing to share after introduction :tongue:.

DM is definitely for fun. DM is also about meeting new people that becomes friends. Some you want to meet in rl and some are "just" internet friends. I do value them a lot.

Ironeye´s question is: Do you talk about your problems more on DM than in real life?

My answer is no. That is because I´m lucky to have friends and family that I can talk to. I don´t think it´s wrong to talk about serious stuff here though. It´s up to each of us to decide how much we want to open up to others.

Archived