DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Champions league

lolguy26

ucl.jpg?w=640&h=392&crop=1

I mean i know most DM arent Football(soccer) fans but i thought there would be atleast one thread concerning one of the biggest and most prestigious tournament in European football.

Well i started one and i want everyone to post their favorite club.

300px-Juventus_FC_logo.svg.png

Juventus

Juventus are historically the most successful club in Italian football and one of the most laureated and important globally.Overall, they have won fifty-three official titles on the national and international stage, more than any other Italian club: a record twenty-eight league titles, a record nine Italian cups and five national super cups and, with eleven titles in confederation and inter-confederation competitions (two Intercontinental Cups, two European Champion Clubs' Cup/UEFA Champions Leagues, one European Cup Winners' Cup, a record three UEFA Cups, one UEFA Intertoto Cup and two UEFA Super Cups) the club currently ranks fourth in Europe and seventh in the world with the most trophies won.

Current Squad

Current Squad

Well my favorite team is FC Nantes, an 8 time French champion, currently playing in Ligue 2, but as far as the Champions League goes, my favorite team is none other than:

323px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Arsenal Football Club is an English Premier League football club based in Holloway, London. One of the most successful clubs in English football, it has won 13 First Division and Premier League titles and 10 FA Cups. Arsenal holds the record for the longest uninterrupted period in the English top flight and would be placed first in an aggregated league of the entire 20th century.[2] It is the second side to complete an English top flight season unbeaten (in the 2003–04 season), and the only one to do it across 38 matches.

Arsenal was founded in 1886 in Woolwich and in 1893 became the first club from the south of England to join the Football League. In 1913, it moved north across the city to Arsenal Stadium in Highbury. In the 1930s the club won five League Championship titles and two FA Cups. After a lean period in the post-war years it won the League and FA Cup Double, in the 1970–71 season, and in the 1990s and first decade of the 21st century won two more Doubles and reached the 2006 UEFA Champions League Final. Arsenal has a long-standing rivalry with neighbours Tottenham Hotspur, with whom it contests the North London derby. Arsenal is the fourth most valuable association football club in the world as of 2012, valued at $1.3 billion.

First-team squad

1 GK Wojciech Szczęsny 2 MF Abou Diaby 3 DF Bacary Sagna 4 DF Per Mertesacker 5 DF Thomas Vermaelen (captain) 6 DF Laurent Koscielny 7 MF Tomáš Rosický 8 MF Mikel Arteta (vice-captain) 9 FW Lukas Podolski 10 MF Jack Wilshere 11 DF André Santos 12 FW Olivier Giroud 14 FW Theo Walcott 15 FW Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 16 MF Aaron Ramsey 18 DF Sébastien Squillaci 19 MF Santi Cazorla 20 DF Johan Djourou 21 GK Łukasz Fabiański 22 MF Francis Coquelin 23 MF Andrei Arshavin 24 GK Vito Mannone 25 DF Carl Jenkinson 26 MF Emmanuel Frimpong 27 FW Gervinho 28 DF Kieran Gibbs 29 FW Marouane Chamakh

Oh and lolguy26:

You're welcome...

and i respect every arsenal fan for staying with the team even after every player who becomes famous leaves :wink::cool::biggrin:

I gotta admit it's disheartening. Fabregas I understood, Nasri was like a knife in the back, Song made it worse, but the worst of all was Van Persie. The only way it could have hurt more is if he'd gone to *shudder* Spurs.

But hey, despite everything, Wenger always gets the team into the top 4 and you've got to respect the man for that, even if you disagree with his handling of the team.

Malaga, a bancrupt team winning for the second time in a row against a well-funded team (first Zenit, now Anderlecht). And not because they're lucky...

:mad:

This seems the biggest problem in modern day football to me.

I'm curious how BATE has become so good in the last few years. Anyone know the story on them? It began by surprise-beating Anderlecht to the Champions League about 5 years ago, but they've become regulars since...

Malaga, a bancrupt team winning for the second time in a row against a well-funded team (first Zenit, now Anderlecht). And not because they're lucky...

I'm curious how BATE has become so good in the last few years. Anyone know the story on them? It began by surprise-beating Anderlecht to the Champions League about 5 years ago, but they've become regulars since...

The score in the 3:1 victory against Bayern Munich doesn't reflect the actual game. There was a 30 min streak where the ball never left the BATE half and the only player left in the Bayern half was the GK and even he was almost at the middle line. Bayern just got punished for a very risky and high attacking line.

And you also have to consider that Belarus is near the end of their season while most european leagues just started

The score in the 3:1 victory against Bayern Munich doesn't reflect the actual game. There was a 30 min streak where the ball never left the BATE half and the only player left in the Bayern half was the GK and even he was almost at the middle line. Bayern just got punished for a very risky and high attacking line.

its true they took a risk, and it didnt work

Yes, some leagues start in August and end in May and have a 1 month winter break (eg Germany) others have no winter break like Spain or Italy and start a few weeks later and the Scandinavian and East European leagues in the north play from March till November

Archived