DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Imagine if texting was retained from the Age of Legends to the Third Age. How might it have been different?

Dennis Brennan

"....and then I would weave Air around you to make you bigger, cuz....I gotta be honest.."

Lol. and how about

Mat: Betse are you DTF or not?

Betse: Mat what is DTF? Does it have to do with dancing? Bc I love to dance. Are you sure your not a lord?

Mat: Nevermind just STFU for once and bring me some more ale.

Rand: Uh Mat, Perrin you guys are great with women how can I manage three at once?

Mat: 3?!! Run for your life! I thougt the Aiel were nuts having 2 but 3? Get some healing for that madness. And its u and P that are good with women.

Perrin: Just yell at them it works for me. And Mat is right. Get to SG right now and save the world before they make u any crazier. But you and M are the women experts.

Rand: Uh guys you mean none of us knows what the hell we are doing with women? Im off to SG RIGHT NOW!

Rand: Uh Mat, Perrin you guys are great with women how can I manage three at once?

Mat: 3?!! Run for your life! I thougt the Aiel were nuts having 2 but 3? Get some healing for that madness. And its u and P that are good with women.

Perrin: Just yell at them it works for me. And Mat is right. Get to SG right now and save the world before they make u any crazier. But you and M are the women experts.

Rand: Uh guys you mean none of us knows what the hell we are doing with women? Im off to SG RIGHT NOW!

and that is why RJ never added a phone to WoT

Rand: Cmon bud, time to get on wit sortin Andor out. (2 days ago)

Rand: K dude, lets go... (1 day ago)

Rand: Look uv had ur fun with d wine n d servin gals but seriously wb.. (8 hours ago)

Rand: I gav u dat fone so I cud contact u wen I needed u and I need u (4 hours ago)

Rand: Asmodean; wtf r u up2???? (5 minutes ago)

and that is why RJ never added a phone to WoT

Actually there are Ter'angreal Avhienda things are for communicating over long distances...maybe cell phones?

How would the series have been different if the characters could text? They would text a lot, but communicate about as much as they do now. So, not really any different, save for the added annoyance of having to read their moronic texts. If they had facebook? Well, most posts on facebook are made by people with a desperate need to say something but nothing to say. Plenty of words, so little content.

Rand: Cmon bud, time to get on wit sortin Andor out. (2 days ago)

Rand: K dude, lets go... (1 day ago)

Rand: Look uv had ur fun with d wine n d servin gals but seriously wb.. (8 hours ago)

Rand: I gav u dat fone so I cud contact u wen I needed u and I need u (4 hours ago)

Rand: Asmodean; wtf r u up2???? (5 minutes ago)

This is great! Lol!

Well one thing is for sure texting would be forbidden while channeling at the White Tower as soon as something like this happens:

We have a Green out to enjoy her tea in the gardens and so she decides to reheat her tea with Fire, sees a hot Warder walk past and just have to text about it and actually makes hot Warder or something go boom.

Archived