DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Brief Encounter (attn: Delfon)

badriyah

The late afternoon cast a golden glow through the light silken under-curtains that adorned Sapphira's windows. Though the natural light looked beautiful, she pulled the heavier curtains shut and lit three candles on her mahogany desk so that she could see the records she had been reviewing. She frowned, deep in thought, as she went over the subtractions she'd made to the gross profit last night. There could be no errors, business was going a little better as of late, but was no longer what it had been since before the incident. Burn me, word spreads fast! Does Caemlyn forget nothing? She leaned back in her char and tugged her eye glasses off her face, chewing gently on one black stem. Something would have to be done to get numbers back up. Profit was coming in, but at this rate there might not be enough to hire fresh girls to replace those who had left in fear following the murder.

Smythe! He'll be here any minute! Sapphira rose and headed towards her wardrobe. She would have to negoiate this office issue, and she could no longer wait for Jodelle's blessing. Gently tugging off her afternoon clothing down to a deep violet sateen corset and golden stockings, she felt urgency come over her. Smythe was a merchant, but so was she of her own right. She needed a good deal for this office. It was worth a try bringing business to the Haus of Three, and if it proved too costly to maintain the deal, it could be broken if the appropriate contract was drawn up beforehand. That would be something Sapphira had to put together soon.

In honesty, Sapphira had no intention of discussing business with Jon Smythe tonight. She needed to do something that would ensure a good deal from Smythe, and from what she had heard, he drove a hard bargain. His relationship with Emmeline was a good start, but more would need to be offered to cloud the business mind for a man of his ilk. Sapphira leaned in close to her vanity mirror, then wiped off her rouge from earlier that day, leaving her full lips their deep natural color. The pale, smooth skin of her shoulders and chest set a striking contrast against the brim of her corset, and she felt that excessive makeup would cheapen her appearance making her look like a gaudy statue. The charcoal colored paint that rimmed her eyes was enough. One quick tousle to her dark blonde hair and she was ready. The release would be worth it.

At that moment she heard his voice somewhere down below, along with movement, and at once she was Pixie, the fairy to grant any man's darkest dreams.

Pixie Belrose

The pale side of the moon

With the mess of glass, Jodelle slapping Kitten completely off a stool, and the events following that excitement Jon has little to do while the sisters make ready for their evening festivities. He dispatches a few messenger boys before heading up to the room provided for him. Once inside Jon sends the girl they left for him away without making use of her talents. He gave her a silver penny, mostly because he felt bad that she may have missed another opportunity with a real client if she hadn't been told to warm his bed. Jon then settled his belongings, and prepared for his meeting with Sapphira. He didn't know which of the three sisters had arranged the girl, but he would have to work a privacy clause into any future contracts with the three to prevent future events like that one. Dressing in his second best set of clothing, with his family signet ring proudly displayed Jon headed over to Sapphira's room. Knocking gently he waits for her to answer the door. Dressed in his second best change of clothes, and wearing his second best smile Business Jon is so ready to negotiate a contract!

Kitten was incredibly bored in her room after finishing everything that needed to be done. She thought of visiting with Sapphira for a few minutes before having to start work again. She didn't want to have to worry about running into Jon in the hallway (she had had enough of him for one day) so she would reach her twin's room from the wall outside. Kitten grabbed the bottom of her loose dress in bunches and tied it in a knot to give her legs room to move. She opened her window and slid onto the ledge that connected her room to Sapphira's. Moving along it slowly, she held the rocks above her for support while her feet glided along the ledge. Finally she reached Sapphira's room. She tapped on the window with her foot waiting for her sister to open it. A few moments later, Kitten was still hanging off the exterior tavern's backside. With a few protruding stones, she was able to lower herself on the sill of Sapphira's window. Opening it and sliding through, she was hit in the face by the heavy curtains Sapphira had just hung up.

"Is it really necessary...*all that*? " She motioned towards the silk drapes. "You know I come through here all the time. Oh and thanks for opening the window dear. It's so easy to get on your sill when it's less than a foot wide." Kitten was just teasing and Sapphira knew that. She saw her twin was deep in concentration, most likely working on finances, so she busied herself by going through all the new products Sapphira had purchased. She loved the lavender oils and would have to ask to borrow them later. When Kitten looked in the mirror, for a moment she thought she was looking at Sapphira. It was silly but Kitten hadn't realized that her brown plant dye had faded. If she didn't keep up with it, it washed out and it must have been months since she had last done it. Her hair wasn't the sun kissed blonde Sapphira had, but it was still the yellow of her childhood. She sat brushing her locks as to not disturb her sister.

Sapphira must have realized the time for she got up and began to get ready, telling Kitten about her plan with Jon. Hearing this, she couldn't contain her laughter and fell off the chair. Tears came to her eyes and her stomach hurt from laughing so much. She sat up and said, "I have to see this." She explained to Sapphira about Jon and why she found it funny. "Before today I used to think he was one of those men that found no pleasure in girls. He claimed to have prior relationships but he's such an awful kisser! I think he may be a virgin. Light knows if you'll be able to seduce him. I think he may be a eunuch. I've never had a man uninterested in my advances. He just likes to talk. Come to think of it, I really think he's a eunuch." The twins continued to laugh at Jon's expense and Kitten tried to give advice she thought might help. She decided to wait in the wardrobe so that she may watch what was to pass. She could look through the keyhole easily without being noticed. Kitten heard a knock on the door and quickly and quietly went into the massive, wooden wardrobe closing it behind her. Her last image was Pixie in her busty, purple corset and golden stockings, and she knew Jon was in for it. She whispered to her twin before the door was opened, "Find out if he's a eunuch."

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Pixie had loved talking to Kitten, joking and teasing about Jon, and felt the need now far more than before to get a glimpse of his manhood. He was the only man that none of the three sisters so far had been able to get a suggestive word out of. Even stablehands would whistle at Kitten, knowing they'd never get a chance with her. And Pixie's own favored tough, Quick, often attempted to squeeze her behind, and now and then she'd allow him to play a little longer before she pretended to get angry. Jon's self-control needed to be broken, and the young entertainer hoped she'd be the one to break it. It would be a conquest among her sisters.

A knock at the door sounded the male's arrival, and Pixie threw a wink at Kitten before undoing the latch. She pulled the door open slowly, a sultry smile playing on her full lips. She would try a different tactic with this one. With most customers she leaned towards something more agressive and animalistic, one way or another she felt she enjoyed that best; but she had already suspected this would not work on Jon. Pixie would begin with a more conventional tactic. "Welcome Jon," using his first name would help, and Sapphira's instictive distance would have to be kept at bay for now, familiarity would win this. She gestured a slender pale arm towards the cushioned chair at her desk, "Would you have a seat?"

Once he had seated himself, Pixie closed the door and secured the latch. She strode over to the chair, with a nonchalant shrug, "I'm sure the gentleman wouldn't mind me making myself comfortable," she challenged, before seating herself straddled across his lap. She arched her back in the candlelight, stretching, allowing the hint of flames to play across her body. "I've been hard at work for awhile now and I am in desperate" - exaggerating the word - "desperate need of a break."

Pixie Belrose

Jon knew he was in trouble the moment Sapphira opened the door. It may have been the look in her eye, both playful and mischievous. It could have been the corset she wore, which showed enough pale flesh to make Jon swallow hard. Or perhaps it was the skirt which was only two hands wide, or the golden stockings, whose garters disappeared under that tiny, tiny skirt. Maybe it was a combination of all of those things. "Welcome Jon." She said. The words seeming at first surprisingly formal, considering what she was wearing. The use of his first name however, helped soften it from formal to something approaching casual. "Would you have a seat?" Jon reminded himself that this was her business attire, and he relaxed somewhat now expecting this to go as any other business meeting. She was after all a business woman like any other he had met, just with a different, and much more appetizing uniform.

Now seated, Jon waited while she secured the room against interruption, and returned to her desk. The normalcy of her actions allowed her to slip completely past his guard. As she approached she nonchalantly comments, "I'm sure the gentleman wouldn't mind me making myself comfortable." to which Jon's only response could be, "Of course Sapphira, make yourself comfor!" His voice jolts higher on the last word, cutting off the rest of his sentence as the bloody woman threw a leg over his lap and sat down straddling him. Her legs snaked around his, and wrapped to the chair legs to hold her in place. He watched memorized as she stretched, allowing the candle light to play across her exposed flesh right at his eye level. Whether it was warmth of her body pressed to his, or the smell of her seeping into his nose - his body reacted. She had to have noticed the bulge in his trousers pressed against her, sitting as she was with her lower body pulled tight against his own. "I've been hard at work for awhile now, and I am in desperate need of a break." Jon managed to hold back a blush, by sheer force of will. Although he had been with a couple of women in his life, none of them had prepared him for the raw sexuality that Sapphira possessed.

His mind drifted briefly to Emmeline, Sapphira's twin, and he suspected that being with her in this situation would be just as intense. That thought had a remarkable calming effect on Jon's mind. Although his body still reacted to hers, his mind was no longer engaged, allowing him to focus on what he was here to do. "I'm afraid that your break will have to wait Sapphira. I came to your room to negotiate the use of your Haus as my field office, and as a meeting place for some of my business partners." Business Jon was now fully in control, and even as Sapphira ground her hips to further distract him, he continued smoothly, "I'm sure you can find suitable distraction once our business is concluded." His heart raced inside his chest, but his thoughts were crystal clear. 'This deal will make us both a lot of gold, if I can only get her to focus on the deal at hand'

-A very distracted Jon Smythe

Pixie was growing impatient. She did not appreciate her efforts going to waste, and wanted him to give up something at this point. It was not about proving that she had power over men - she was fully aware that she did - it was more to do with time. She had hoped this wouldn't take too long, since she would still be required to clean up to some degree afterwards before facing the night, and possibly taking another to her bed not many hours later. Besides that, while Jodelle would be checking up on security guards, Sapphira would be ensuring that the bar was organized and had empty - and some still ongoing - tabs ready to be tended to; whether to add drinks to one, to begin a new one, or to press for payments from long-time guests. Jon was interesting in that none of the girls had gotten to bed him so far. Not only that, but there was the question about his manhood, though at this point Pixie felt enough to know that at least some, if not all of it, was in-tact. Unless there was something strange he was guarding underneath his pants. Light knows, I've probably seen stranger than whatever abnormality he might be hiding!

In spite of her growing curiosity concerning the nature of his nethers, Sapphira abruptly lost interest in seducing Smythe. He was a challenge, but not one that enticed her enough to spend more time chasing after for now. The entertainer was certain beyond the shadow of a doubt that she could seduce him if she spent more time on it. But time was better spent within lengthy bouts of primal pleasure than attempting to get a male to merely remove his trousers. And, of course, time was money.

Nevertheless Sapphira would gain something extra for the refusal of her efforts. She grasped his head between her hands forcefully and leaned in to lick his throat and Adam's apple, leaving a trail of sticky wetness down his neck. She moved her mouth close enough to his so he could feel her breathing against his lips and whispered, fingers tugging on his hair, "You will give me something extra if you would like to see the contract. If you refuse pleasure from me, you will at least grant me from yourself. You can use whatever you like," she tugged on the merchant's lower lip with her thumb to hint at one of the tools she recommended. "If you will not, then the pretty piece of parchment in my desk will be edited, and I'll be carrying more gold around Caemlyn each month than the Queen herself."

Sapphira "Pixie" Belrose

The pale side of the moon and a merchant herself

Emmeline tried very hard not to make a sound as she was cramped in the wardrobe. Her muscles were tense as she kept to the same position, not daring to move an inch. She could hear everything that was going on, or parts of it that was audible, but could not see out of the keyhole as her view was obstructed. Feeling her heartbeat was the loudest thing in the room as she waited in suspense, she pressed her ear to the smooth wood of the interior. And what she couldn't see, she could get Sapphira to tell her herself later on or maybe even get it out of the merchant.

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Jon laughed, an laughed again at the face Sapphira made when he laughed the first time, "Brilliant! You are bloody brilliant!" Jon smiled to show that he wasn't poking fun, but instead giving rather enthusiastic praise. "This is exactly why I want to strike a deal with the Haus of Three. Thank you for that example of your prowess."

Jon saw the flash of confusion register upon the woman's face, quickly hidden, but hard to miss so close. It was then that he realized that she was being serious about her advances, and her suggestion of pleasuring her. Thinking quickly on how the extradite himself from this situation Jon smiled again, this time with a hint of flirtation in it.

Placing his hands on the outside of her thighs, Jon pressed upward to indicate that she should stand. He hoped she would assume that he was looking for a better vantage point to follow up on her suggestion. When she stood balanced on her left foot, and extended her right foot to rest on the chair back behind Jon's shoulder, he had to swallow hard again. Jon's eyes travelled along supple pale flesh until he jerked his head up to meet Sapphira's eyes. She was smiling now, and the smile danced in those eyes.

Shifting forward, Jon abruptly stood. He easily lifted Sapphira's tiny frame. The squawk of surprise nearly made Jon smile, but the anger he knew would shortly follow wiped any hint of a smile from Jon's face. Stepping forward back into view of the keyhole, Kitten would see Jon carrying Sapphira. Her right leg draped over his shoulder, with one hand on her right thigh to offer support. His free arm was wrapped around her left leg, both to support her small weight, and to prevent any kicking.

Leaning to the left, and shifting his grip causes Sapphira to drop suddenly to the side. She makes another squawk of surprise as she falls, only to be caught cradled in Jon's arms. Setting her upon the edge of her desk, Jon promptly steps back out of kicking range, and unknowingly back out of Kittens view.

Jon Smythe

Sapphira raised an eyebrow as Jon started laughing. The man was getting no more attractive to her, his condescending attitude not helping in the least. He said she was good, a fact she was well aware of. He failed to realize however how experienced she was in many aspects of life. Little could surprise her, and surprise was an emotion she could hide as well as any other. She was an entertainer afterall, and every moment spent in the presence of one whom she did not trust would be spent in a flawless act.

Sapphira hid her irritation at the merchant's reaction entirely. She wanted to wrap her hands around his throat and choke him until he passed out on her floor and she could call Quick in to haul him out. Due to the business nature of this encounter however, she felt forced to follow some pretence of peaceful negotiation. The young blonde tossed a leg over his shoulder just before he attempted to lift her, nearly dropping her several times until he set her back on the desk. Sapphira did not appreciate his attempts to distract her by handling her in such a fashion. She could tell he hoped to throw her off by getting her flustered with how he handled her. She would not, however, give in. She gazed at him silently, her eyes a smouldering violet blue of flames, her breasts rising to near entire exposure out of her corset with each breath. "You've heard my terms Smythe. They are more than fair considering how you rejected my previous advances. This is my Haus, my room, and here the game of gold is played by my rules. You are at the most severe of disadvantages Master Smythe. My dear merchant, you are on foreign grounds."

Sapphira "Pixie" Belrose

Side stepping to stand behind his chair, Jon leans on the chair back with his elbows, "What terms?" Jon scoffs before continuing, "The only thing that resembles terms that I have received from you, is that I am to pleasure you if I want your contract. A contract that I haven't even seen." Jon takes a long breath through his nose, before continuing, "So you've already drawn up a contract?" Jon asks rhetorically, "How do you expect us to negotiate anything if your terms are set? You don't even know the full extent of what I'm offering you and your haus." Jon shakes his head, then continues, "This may be how you do business Mistress Belrose, but it is not how I do mine." Jon pauses, smiling before he continues, "Which is exactly why we need each other." Jon stands up straight, "When you want to try this again, without all the theatrics. I'll be here for the rest of today, and all of tomorrow." Jon bows, never taking his eyes off of Sapphira for a moment. Then he turns and heads for the door. 'That went well.' Jon thinks sarcastically.