DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Age of Legends - A mmorpg concept -

WatchMaker

I'm just curious, but how many of you people here would play a Wheel of Time based mmorpg? If you don't know what a mmorpg is, it's a massive multiplayer online role playing game. They usually cost 12-15$ a month to play, and have INSANE amounts of content to explore.

I think a very tasteful game could be done with the WoT series using the Hero Engine. I have a design document layed out as to how the game mechanics could work, but I don't exactly plan to make it. That would require a very LARGE amount of money and time. But if anyone here would be interested in taking such a stride toward game development, please let me know. I would absolutely love taking part in it.

Actually the crew behind A Game of Stones is already doing work towards a game with this very concept.

Right now they are working on maps and all sorts of coding I know nothing about. The world is apparently going to be set around the time just before the White Tower was founded after the Breaking. Sad thing is that channeler won't be a choosable class.

• 2 weeks later...

I see normal mapping, reflections, bloom, vegetation better than most games (that grass is really nice), sometimes shadows and a really long FoD in the Hero's Journey screenshots. I wonder how many here have a comp that could even run that engine though (I don't know how well they intend to make it scale). Nice mixture of different locations in the screenshots, very pretty engine. Linky

hjsshot-51.jpg

Archived