DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dreadbane...

randsc

"And one that pretty much all the major characters got without trying. "

Outside of Rand and Lan who else killed an Eyeless in single combat? Maybe Thom Merlin in the first book (although its not clear that he actually killed him) but who else?

The Supergirls back in TDR. It was 3 on 3 IIRC. If Channelling doesn't disqualify them, of course. ;)

Mat and Perrin have done it for sure.

it wasn't 3 on 3 there was about a dozen Aiel surrounded the Myrdraal forcing them back to back. Just to throw that in.

Actually I thought the numerous mentions of humor where good, in my mind I pictured Talmanes being feverous and near incoherent though. And in doing so he was more trying to remind himself of who he was.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melten nodded, eyes solemn. “Dreadbane,” he whispered.

“What’s that?”

“Borderlander title. You slew a Fade. Dreadbane.”

“It had about seventeen arrows in it at the time.”

“Doesn’t matter.” Melten clasped him on the shoulder. “Dreadbane.”

The only way this is in any way a suitable conversation is if this Melten person is using the voice of Christopher Walken. At least then it's funny.

Give it a try, it's fun!

The Asha'man Naeff—standing beside Bashere—gasped. "I've never seen so many weaves at once," he whispered. "I can't track them all. He's a storm. A storm of Light and streams of Power!"

/headdesk

I lol'd at Christopher Walken.

No, but they would be worth +55 rep with the Malkieri up to 11,999/12,000 Honored, at which point you must run Heroic Mode 'The Seven Towers' for roughly 3500 rep per run.

No, but they would be worth +55 rep with the Malkieri up to 11,999/12,000 Honored, at which point you must run Heroic Mode 'The Seven Towers' for roughly 3500 rep per run.

Cracked me up big time hahahaha

Meh...a Brandonism but not one of his worst. Does feel odd being introduced this late in the game considering we have been around so many border landers already. You would think Lan would have mentioned it long ago. No biggie though, not nearly as cringeworthy as "dreamshard".

I think it's a lot more cringeworthy than dreamshard. At least that might have been something described in the notes that RJ never actually got around to putting a name to. Unless you know something I don't? Wouldn't be the first time. : ]

You know I can forgive the dreamspike, RJ usually gave those things a name in the old tongue and we would get a translation of it at some point. Same thing with the bloodknives especially since the Seanchan have a habit of giving things and people ridiculous names. But those others are just plain bad. They are the stuff you would expect from a kids show. Master Crimson and Lord Golden could be part of the Power Ranger Fantasy edition where together with Sir Azur, Duke Emerald and Princess Pink they can summon the Hyper-Turbo-Mega-Giga-Ultra-Dragonzord to fight the evil forces of Doctor Dreadbane.

Compare it to how the Shienaran warriors speak. You know, the more-veteran-than-veteran warriors that were with Rand in TGH and the beginning of TDR. Aside from Uno's abundant cussing, strangely enough they talk like normal people.

I was thinking more along the lines of Arnie's earlier roles like Conan the Barbarian and other 80s/90s B-movie warrior flicks

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

I seem to have underestimated the orating skills of a barbarian.

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Damn, that movie was epic. Crappy, but epic.

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the vimen."

"Mmmm.... good!"

Great movie.

Guest Moondog4

Talmanes did die but he died in such a heroic way that he is now tied to the horn and Mat will see him again when he blows the horn again.

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the vimen."

"Mmmm.... good!"

Great movie.

"Cohen, what is best in life?"

"hot water,good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper". - Cohen the Barbarian

Archived