DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dreadbane...

randsc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh...a Brandonism but not one of his worst. Does feel odd being introduced this late in the game considering we have been around so many border landers already. You would think Lan would have mentioned it long ago. No biggie though, not nearly as cringeworthy as "dreamshard".

There's probably a scale somewhere

1 dead Myrdraal = Dreadbane

5 dead Myrdraal = Dreadnaught

10 dead Myrdraal = Dreadjuggernaut

50 dead Myrdraal = JudgeDread

100 dead Myrdraal = Lan al'Mandragoran Dreadstar

1000 dead Myrdraal = one free Iphone 5

Who else is putting money down on Talmanes survival? Talmanes impending doom was just so exaggerated it makes me think he'll get saved in the last minute. No idea by whom though.

Shouldn't there be a spoiler warning in the title by the way?

1000 dead Myrdraal = one free Iphone 5

Rand will be pleased, now he'll be able to record the list of dead women instead of repeating in his head all the time. People around him might be creeped out a little bit though.

LOL

That would be really creepy. Especially as a ring tone.

I hate to see Talmanes die after this, but I also feel like it's a hell of a way to go...I'll be conflicted either way, like people need to start keeling over, but it's sad to see such a stand taken only to pass.

It's the final book, I suspect we're going to see a lot of people die...including main characters.

As an aside, just a general question, but did RJ ever put a character like himself in the books?

Yep. Well, not a character, exactly. He appears as the jolly bearded man statue ter'angreal found in Ebou Dar by the Wondergirls. It is activated by Aviendha in KoD ch 15, and is a repository of literature.

Edit: LOL ... ninja'd all over the place. That's what I get for looking it up.

Do you think Talmanes could be the black hand in elyanes visoins from Min? Im probally reading it wrong but his arm and hand being all the way black really stuck out to me.

Why were his arm and hand black?

@Master Ablar: He got wounded with Myrddraal steel, and blackness started spreading from the wound.

@he who comes with a bong: I wondered that too, but I can't think of any reason why he'd have Callandor.

Do you think Talmanes could be the black hand in elyanes visoins from Min? Im probally reading it wrong but his arm and hand being all the way black really stuck out to me.

Why were his arm and hand black?

@Master Ablar: He got wounded with Myrddraal steel, and blackness started spreading from the wound.

@he who comes with a bong: I wondered that too, but I can't think of any reason why he'd have Callandor.

No there is another vision of Mins from when she first meets Elyane somethign to do with a black hand and irons if i recall correctly

Archived