DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Let the Lord of Chaos rule

mwayneknight

Just a random thought, these have probably been discussed as everything has here, but im still new to this. What if the reason that the Dark One wants rand alive because he is the only one that can truly free him.

Something like his blood(because he is the creators chosen one), is the final spark or something to break the dark one free, and that is why he has to be there.

Just curious what people tihnk about that.

Just a random thought, these have probably been discussed as everything has here, but im still new to this. What if the reason that the Dark One wants rand alive because he is the only one that can truly free him.

Something like his blood(because he is the creators chosen one), is the final spark or something to break the dark one free, and that is why he has to be there.

good stuff

I'm wondering if it's to do with Rands soul. Verin states to Eg in tGS that the battle being fought isn't the one Rand thinks it is and that he doesn't really understand the evil of the Forsaken. Pretty sure that the Bible(Tanakh?) has a story where there are 20odd 'good men' who save the world becasue they're good. If it's to do with his soul then there has to be an element of choice. If Rand dies that choice is lost.

Or maybe there are two options for the way this is fought. If Rand dies pre TG the DO wins but the wheel turns which isn't his ideal outcome. Maybe if Rand doesn't die the DO could win and break the wheel, or Rand wins.

Think it has been debated, but I haven't been part of them yet.

I'm wondering if it's to do with Rands soul. Verin states to Eg in tGS that the battle being fought isn't the one Rand thinks it is and that he doesn't really understand the evil of the Forsaken. Pretty sure that the Bible(Tanakh?) has a story where there are 20odd 'good men' who save the world becasue they're good. If it's to do with his soul then there has to be an element of choice. If Rand dies that choice is lost.

Or maybe there are two options for the way this is fought. If Rand dies pre TG the DO wins but the wheel turns which isn't his ideal outcome. Maybe if Rand doesn't die the DO could win and break the wheel, or Rand wins.

My thoughts on that... (and yes, it's all about the Dragon Soul, me thinks)

In this forum section:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/60798-day-that-dawns-twice/?do=findComment&comment=1864846

(this is the main post, but there is more info in posts further down)

In the AMoL - spoiler section:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/72879-three-on-the-boat/?do=findComment&comment=2454086

(this is the main post, but there is more info in a post further down)

Hope this helps form your views

*plants tiny seed* :myrddraal:

My thoughts on that... (and yes, it's all about the Dragon Soul, me thinks)

In this forum section:

http://www.dragonmou...e/#entry1864846

(this is the main post, but there is more info in posts further down)

In the AMoL - spoiler section:

http://www.dragonmou...t/#entry2454086

(this is the main post, but there is more info in a post further down)

Hope this helps form your views

*plants tiny seed* :myrddraal:

*stares at link and wonders what's the worst that could happen?*

*stares at link and wonders what's the worst that could happen?*

The worst that could happen is that your brain fries instantly.

The chances of that happening are 0,0037836 %

You liked the Bashere post....(http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/50915-the-davram-bashere-darkfriend-theory/page__st__180?do=findComment&comment=2551300)...so what's the risk?

*smiles innocently* :myrddraal:

The way I understand it the Dragon is more than just a powerful channeler, he is connected to the world in a special way making him more a sort of incarnate deity than a normal man. I think that there might be an point where he will have to make the choice if he is to defeat the Dark One or release him and that big bad then want him alive until that point, it can be his soul but it can also be his very being, that the Dragon is a creature in many ways who can act as that catalyst that is needed to free the Dark One. I think the Dark One would rather be free than have the Dragon serve him for an age.

@Mik trying to remain spoiler free (kind of) I've read one of the chapters he released and then thought that if I read the rest now I'll go nuts before Jan, so am waiting. The other post was interesting, and teh Davram Bashere one made me wonder if anyone's ever mentioned him sweating :)

I've heard of that. But, I don't think it's in the Tanakh (could be wrong). And, again could be wrong, I remember it as 10 righteous men who are likened to the Fingers of God.... or something along those lines. But, yeah, without them, we all dead.

Archived