DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The races...

Red_count

Are there any races different than European and what are they in WoT- for example I think that Bashere is a Japanese therefore all Saldean people should be japs.And have always imagined Ata`an`Miere (I hope I wrote this correctly) as Indians or at least Indo-European.Oh and btw I am not a racist!!! :)

I got the impression he was referring to their appearance rather than their culture, in which case the Aiel would most definatelly not be Zulu.

I do beive that appearance wise Saldeans are Asian, Aiel are Irish, and for some reason I picture Andorans as English, not that I believe the Andoran part makes sence.

Oh and I agree with the Sea Folk being Indian.

This is always how I pictured them in my head:

The Borderlands all seem to have a reather asian feel to them so I always pictured them as follows

Saldeans = Chineese

Kandori = Korean

Arafel = Vietnamese

Saldaeans = Japanese (they are descriped as having slanted eyes)

I also picture the Domani as Japanese b/c they are described as having copper skin and slanted eyes. Since Arad Doman is somewhat close to Saldaea it would make sinse for their people to look similar.

Taraboners = Indian

Tarians= a mixed population of Arabic and Affrican skin tones. In particular I always pictured Juilin as a black man.

Illianers = Mixed population of Hispanic and Creole. The country always had a carribian feeling to it most likely because everyone there do be talking like a pirate.

Sea Folk = very dark skin tones like the Kalahari San of Africa or Austriailn Aborhinees (sp)

Eastern Andor = Very Ango-Saxxon(English/Irish/Scotish)

Western Andor = Two Rivers folks always seemed rather Jewish in apperance what with the dark hair and skin tones. And lets face it Nyneave has jewish princess written all over her (clearly a Jersy Girl)

Cairhein = Anglo-Saxxon but more French than Brittish.

Murandy = Meditranian, with features of Northern Italians because its loose confederation of states reminds me of the Italian city-states.

Altera = Also Meditranian but more Greek, Southern Italian or Sicilian.

Ghealdan = White but with German features.

Amadicia = Mixed population of all others since Children of the Light come from every country.

Aiel = Irishmen/Scotts with very good suntans (being Irish myself I know that this does not happen but I guess that why these book are classified as Fantasy).

Tar Valon = Mixed population of all others since Aes Sedai come from every country.

Dm's dying lords and ladies.

Dark days be upon us.

No more to this thread.

Soon the Last Thread will be upon us.

Oh no Oh no Oh no Oh yes.

The dark days be upon us at last.

And fight the DM Gods of lore

and uphold the good to slay the wicked.

The dark days be upon us at last.

War is at the gates, at the shore.

So I rise up chosen warriors, you are picked.

Prepare the gazoos of war.

The time is now for battle.

-wolfs

What happened is that for some mysterious reason all posts made between sunday and a few hours ago has gone poof. And since Jason didn't do any backup, there is no way of getting those back.

Archived