DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
chongjasmine

Your favorite couple?

Nyn and Lan

altough i wonder what is more a challenge facing a blight worm unharmed or beeing married to Nyn :)))

Edited by elric

Thom and Morgasse. We never saw it on screen, but I always picture it as a silent film montage, with Thom wooing Morgasse as her court bard and then a private love develops and Thom watches over Elayne and teaches her stories and plays with her while she's a young infant. And then the tragic turn to the story where Morgasse tosses Thom out on his butt, and the final image of Thom walking solemnly away from the Caemyln Palace on a cloudy day, looking just once over his shoulder at the guards outside the gates.

Mat and that Tairen cook that liked a little kiss and tickle, or Mat and the bar waitress that had the nice ankles, or Mat and the serving girl that was slightly plump that enjoyed a good dance, or Mat and... well this could go on for quite a while so i'll leave it at that :mat:

Honestly there isnt a single "adult" relationship in any of the books that i can see. They are either rapey, emasculating, or an odd dance of uncomfortableness

Mat and that Tairen cook that liked a little kiss and tickle, or Mat and the bar waitress that had the nice ankles, or Mat and the serving girl that was slightly plump that enjoyed a good dance, or Mat and... well this could go on for quite a while so i'll leave it at that :mat:

Honestly there isnt a single "adult" relationship in any of the books that i can see. They are either rapey, emasculating, or an odd dance of uncomfortableness

Hilarious

Thom and Morgasse. We never saw it on screen, but I always picture it as a silent film montage, with Thom wooing Morgasse as her court bard and then a private love develops and Thom watches over Elayne and teaches her stories and plays with her while she's a young infant. And then the tragic turn to the story where Morgasse tosses Thom out on his butt, and the final image of Thom walking solemnly away from the Caemyln Palace on a cloudy day, looking just once over his shoulder at the guards outside the gates.

Not to mention Thom killing Taringail (sp?) to prevent him killing Morgase to become Andors first King.

I'm not sure that there are any actual relationships that I really like, but I love the courtships (for want of a better word), Mat and Tuon goes without saying, but Faile and Perrins courtship is wonderful, it's when they're married that it goes downhill.

i liked Lan courtship of Nyn -> i love u that is why we can never be together :)))

and he even infected Rand with that method :)))

My personal favorite is Moiraine and Siuan I think they are so sweet together. I would also have to say that I enjoy reading about the relationship between Rand and his three women, there are far to few books that show polyamory in a positive light, so while those four is not a couple I have to mention them. But as for a couple I would have to say Moiraine and Siuan.

I've never understood the fascination with the development of Lan and Nyn's relationship. They quickly admit feelings for each other. Then, we don't see too much of their relationship, other than Nyn's determination to get Lan away from Moiraine, and Lan's stubborness to not be with her. Then suddenly, Lan's back with her, and they're married.

Personally, I like the development of Rand and Aviendha's relationship, or Mat and Tuon's, the most. Probably because we see the most of their developing feelings for each other.

1- Rand - Aviendha

2- Mat - Tuon

3- Gareth - Siuan

4- Lan - Nynaeve

5- Rhuarc - Amys

6- Thom - Moiraine

Theo man, are you sure that you hit the right gender button I will take it back with abject apology if you find it offensive but man you do bring so much love to the forums. As for my favorite pair, I guess it has to be Rand and MIn.

Min and Rand

Mat and Tuon

Of the less prominent ones, I always found Domon/Egeanin entertaining. Moiraine/Siuan in New Spring also seemed very genuine and cute (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a guy.. :tongue: ).

Well, if we arent necessarily talking couples then the Mat/Birgitte relationship is FANTASTIC. Im also a fan of Perrin/ Gaul or maybe Gaul and Bain/Chiad. Couples though... Hmmm probably Siuan/Gareth or maybe Rand/Avi