DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Some time later at the Haus

Faun

Jon pauses outside Sapphira's door to take a few deep breaths, because his temperature was still running a little high from his encounter with Sapphira. With negotiations complete, at least for today, Jon thought that maybe he would sit tonight out, and spend some time relaxing in his room. Heading toward his room, Jon went over the business aspects of everything that just happened in Sapphira's room. He wanted to make sure that the deal went smoothly, and that both sides benefited from the arrangement. Lost in thought, he didn't see Kitten step out of her room to intentional bump into him. Reaching out his hands to catch Kitten by the elbows to steady her, Jon offers the following, "I beg your pardon," before he looks down into Kitten's mischievous eyes, "Oh Kitten, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. You're not hurt I trust?" Seeing that it's Kitten, he doesn't let her go once she's steady on her feet once again, raveling in this minor bit of contact.

At Kitten's line of questioning Jon raises an eyebrow, "No Kitten you didn't startle me, I just wasn't paying enough attention. Do I look pale?" Jon raises the back of his hand to his forehead, then flips the hand to wipe away the sheen of sweat that was there. "I guess I am a little bit warm. I think I will sit this evenings festivities out." Jon nods his head over the railing toward where the clients would shortly gather. "Nothing happened." Jon said with perhaps a touch to forcefully, "Sapphira and I just did some business." Realizing what other business interests Sapphira is in to, Jon adds quickly, "Negotiating to set this place up as an office. I believe I've mentioned that to you before" Jon is still a little off balance from the events of Sapphira's room, and is responding a bit too quickly, which is abnormal for his normally calm and collected self.

(Jon's story interludes here)

Edited by Delfon

She loved seeing him like this. It was almost better than watching Sapphira straddle him through the keyhole in the wardrobe. He was obviously sweating and seemed to be affected by her twin. Kitten pouted. It didn't seem fair to her that it would be her twin that would arouse him first. It was like they were playing an imaginary game and Sapphira had made the first strike. It was necessary for her to catch up. When she heard that he was not going to be at the party downstairs she was disappointed. She had to throw out all the ideas of how to make him jealous with the other men. It seems like she would just have work to do tonight. How fun.

"Mr. Smythe-- Jon--- I have to change for tonight but after that I have absolutely nothing to do and am dreadfully bored and lonesome until I am to go downstairs. I'll join you in a few minutes," she said with a kind smile. And she was telling the truth this time; she wanted something to occupy her time and Jon seemed interesting enough for now.

She stepped into her room and saw the garments she had laid out before she had taken a nap. She held up the dress to her body and knew it was too big for her. She was upset by the fact that she had lost most of her curves and this figure flattering dress would not be the right choice for tonight. She rummaged through her clothes throwing everything upon the floor and furniture. She was distressed at having found nothing until she came upon a fine gown hidden in the pile. It had been a gift from Sapphira a few years ago, now it laid at the bottom of all her clothes, never worn. She picked it up and examined it carefully. The stiching was beautiful but what she loved most was how shocking it was. It could have been a very modest gown since it reached her wrists, ankles, and neck but the material it was made of was not. She removed her small clothes and put it on. The translucent lavendar clung to her to her breasts and flowed out from her hips. She let her blonde curls fall upon her shoulders; it was the only thing covering her for she stood completely naked in front of the mirror with the nearly see-through gown she wore proudly. She knew with the candlelight that it would perfectly illuminate her skin, while leaving something to the imagination. She hoped someone would like the dress. She examined her face closely and her makeup seemed to be all in place. She touched up her eyes as she had been crying earlier but it was mostly still intact. The perfumes on her body had not yet dried out but she dabbed a little between her breasts and on her wrists just to be safe. She was about to leave just then when she thought about Jon. Every advance made, he had refused and she was tired of being rejected when she could easily have any man she laid her eyes on. So she pulled out a silk robe given to her from one of the travelers and slipped it on over the dress, tying it as to make sure he would have no glimpse of the dress except for the bottom workings of it. She thought it a good punishment.

She walked to his room slowly, not in any rush and not wanting to seem to be in any rush. She asked Margo where he was staying and contemplated going through the window but she didn't want to dirty the new dress. On her way she decided to turn back and headed to the kitchen. She tried not to draw any attention to herself (though it was hard) and casually stole the tea set that was sent up to Jodelle every day before evening. She didn't have time for them to brew more tea and they couldn't say anything to her if they saw. She added another tea cup and then ascended the stairs. Holding the silver tray with both hands, she couldn't figure out how to knock on the door. So she turned around and hit her bottom against it hoping he would hear the low, thudding noise. Jon opened the door and Kitten lost her balance. Luckily he was there to catch her and she steadied herself with his arms.

"That seems to be the second time you catch me today, I think," she said laughing. She walked over to a little table near the bed and set down the tray. She poured a cup for Jon and one for herself. She was talking aimlessly about the imported tea: its taste, its value, things she knew of that he might found interesting. She handed him the cup letting her fingers brush against his for a moment. She was a little unsure of what to do, not in an awkward way but in something more thoughtful. She wasn't sure what he was okay with (if he was okay with anything) though humping him seemed to be on the list of things he enjoyed. Oh, Sapphira, dear sister! So she thought of something simple. She moved towards him and kissed his cheek, lingering near his face and body. She stepped back and giggled a little. She went and sat down on his bed since there was a small amount of furniture in the space (and the bed was the biggest piece as in all the rooms). She placed her back against the headboard and stretched her feet in front of her, gown and robe trailing down along her body. Needing a break from being Kitten, she was completely at ease. She sipped her tea and hoped he would come sit next to her. It wasn't the first time they'd be in bed together.

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Edited by Faun

Having been off balance long enough Jon forces the events of Sapphira's room out of his mind, 'What happens in Sapphira's room stays in Sapphira's room.' Jon thought, adding a mental smirk for good measure. Now feeling much more himself he turned his full attention to Kitten, just in time to see her pout for a moment while seemingly distracted by her own thoughts. The pout was gone in a flash, perhaps never there at all. It was replaced with a look of determination of all things. It took a good part of Jon's merchant training not to raise an eyebrow at that one. The unfeigned look of disappointment that Jon wouldn't be joining the sisters below almost made Jon change his mind right there, but the memory of Kitten with those two men was enough to banish that thought altogether.

"I was hoping you would start calling me Jon. I think I like hearing my name on your lips." Jon smiled his second best smile, not wanting to over do it, "I would be happy to keep you company until you have to work for the evening." The kindness of her smile, and openness in her attitude made Jon think that he might be visited by Emmeline, instead of Kitten for a change. That thought, Jon liked very much. Jon watched her walk away, his eyes flowing down her blonde curls and tracing the lines of her body. When she turns back for a second at her door, Jon was too busy enjoying the grace of her turn to realize that he was about to get caught sneaking a peek at her behind.

Once Emmeline had entered her room, and shut the door. Jon walks past his own door, and knocks gently at Jodelle's door. Jon waits, focusing his mind, and bringing out the best of his merchant side. He wants to remain in control no matter what the third sister throws his way. Jon enters once he is admitted, and exits the room shortly thereafter. Just as he pulls his own room door shut he sees Kitten's door open. 'Excellent timing on that one.' Jon thinks, smiling to himself. He steps back, slowly, and soundlessly pulling the door closed, careful not to let the latch click shut. When she doesn't knock almost immediately after, he wonders if she saw him exit Jodelle's room. He wonders if Kitten would be jealous or something if she did see. Then he wonders briefly why he had tried to avoid her noticing in the first place. This really had been a trying day, and he really was terrible at judging how Kitten was going to react to things. 'Nothing for it now.' Jon thinks, 'I've got a fair bit to do before Emmeline returns.'

Getting to work, Jon tears through his travelling gear. He sets out a new set of small clothes, since the ones he is currently wearing have been sweated through. With a wary glance at the door Jon strips down to nothing, and scrambles into his fresh clothing. Jon breaths a sigh of relief when Kitten doesn't enter the room unannounced while he was changing. Jon then sets to work packing all of his belongings into the dressers, and the lock box at the foot of his bed. With the room in order, and Jon in fresh clothing he watches his hands and face. He then runs a damp cloth over his arms, neck, and shoulders through the collar of his shirt. With nothing left to do, Jon begins slowly pacing near the door, thinking about the days events.

The odd thumping at the door, not loud enough to be a hand knocking, and too low for all but children threw Jon off. 'It has to be her, I wonder what she's up to now?' Jon thought as he approached the door, preparing himself for anything. Jon opened the door quickly, and once again Kitten fell into his arms. He managed to hook her armpits with his elbows and cross his arms in front of her for support. That's about when Jon realized that the soft warmth under his hands would be Kitten's bust line. Jon froze, waiting for Kitten to get her feet back under her. Once she was stable again. "That seems to be the second time you've caught me today, I think," She said laughing. Jon knew she couldn't have missed where his hands had ended up, but was relieved that she was going to let this one slide.

Jon smiled, finally noticing that she was fully covered and carrying tea. He watched her carefully for signs of anger, still dumbly standing by the open door. She seemed content to set the tray down on the small table, and begin pouring their two cups. Giving himself a shake, Jon quickly closed the door and listened as Kitten began speaking of tea. Some of the things she spoke of he already knew, while others were new to him. 'Who knew that tea would be an interesting conversation?' Jon thought briefly. Jon took the offered cup of tea, his hands following hers as she slowly took them away, not wanting the contact to end.

By the time Emmeline moved toward Jon, he was starting to relax. Tea, and conversation were far preferable to shattering glass, and tears. When she leaned in to kiss his cheek Jon let go of his inhibitions, and turned his face to meet her lips. He kissed her passionately, one hand holding the back of her neck with his fingers tangled into her hair. He released her slowly, breathing much more heavily than before. She stepped back and giggled, and Jon added, "I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm really not. Besides, if one is sorry for something, they really shouldn't do it again." He left that for a moment to let the implication that he wanted to do that again at some point sink in, "The other times our lips have met just didn't feel right. It is my sincere hope this time makes up for those times." Jon winks, and brings out his best smile.

That's when Emmeline moved toward the bed, and Jon got worried that he had been too forward. Jon only hesitated a moment, just looking at her sitting there with her feet up, sipping some tea. She really was quite beautiful, and this thoughts drifted briefly to wondering what she was hiding under that robe. Moving over to the bed, Jon slips in beside Emmeline intentionally closer than needed on such a large piece of furniture. Not wanting to give her the wrong idea, Jon sips his tea and begins telling her a story. The story itself was one he heard from a gleeman, and Jon considered himself quite the story teller. He was no gleeman, but he could spin a yarn well enough not to shame himself.

He picked a story with quite a bit of action, and a lot of travel. He had noticed when he told his own story that she had liked the adventure and travel the most. About half way through the story Jon had finished his tea, and placed his cup on the end table beside the bed. When he sits back up, he runs his now free hand around Emmeline's narrow waist, and pulls her gently over to lean on him. He interrupts the story briefly to whisper, "I like it when we sit together like this." Finishing the story, Jon kisses the top of Kitten's head. Then he tilts her head up to face his, and kisses her again...

-Jon Smythe

(Jon's story interludes again here)

Edited by Delfon

It was very odd for Kitten to be lying in bed with a man that was not thrusting inside her. Or trying to at least. She looked down at the surface of tea within the cup and tried to hold it steady as she felt herself slipping. She pressed her fingertips against the bottom of the cup, the searing pain bringing her back to her senses. She set it down on the nightstand and moved in closer to Jon, closing in the tiny space between them. Kitten listened to Jon's adventure story and wanted to hear more about it when he began kissing her. It was a nice kiss but nothing spectacular since she was still concentrated on his story. It had reminded her of something she heard long ago and she did something she had not done in a score of years. She opened her mouth and sang.

She had a soft voice that was powerful enough to be carried by the wind for leagues, to give to wanting ears of pleasure. Besides drinking and sex, there weren't many things that Kitten was good at. She could not weave or cook or do any of the other things most women did at her age. But she knew how to sing and she loved doing it. She sang to Jon a ballad of a mariner who is perpetually lost at sea, mourning the love of those lost and accepting death as his final fate. She didn't understand all the implications of the words but the song was nice to hear and she had nearly forgotten it before Jon's story.

Kitten swung one of her legs around Jon bringing his lower half against hers. She gave him a kiss for good measure and then leaned close to his upper body, with one hand tracing every inch of his own. She started to tell him something no one knew but her sisters and maybe a few others that were not in her life now. "I never learned how to read or write," she said embarrassed. "Sapphira and Jodelle learned when they were younger, but I never did. So Jodelle's mother would teach me songs so that I could know what were in the books my eyes would never understand." She sang to him a few more songs before her throat began to dry. She looked at him for a long time without muttering a word, studying his features. She brushed the hair from his forehead and let her fingers fall down to his mouth, her fingers gliding over his lower lip. They had somehow moved to lying down now and she could feel his breath on her skin and she wondered if he wanted her. She took his free hand and placed it against her breast, meaning for him to feel her heartbeat but also for him to grope her breast purposefully this time.

When her heart's pace began to quicken she was unsure whether it had to do with being with Jon, a man she found herself attracted to or from lying in bed with a murderer that may want her as his next victim.

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Edited by Faun

Jon sat mesmerized listening to Emmeline sing, but the full import of her song was so sad and lonely. 'How can one little person be so sad inside, or lonely while in the presence of others.' Jon thought sadly. The Jon started wondering if she was trying to tell him something of the futility of love, or at least of a relationship with her. He mentally talked himself down, 'Sometimes a song is just a song.' Aloud Jon only said, "It is a beautiful piece, and beautifully sung too." He smiled down at her, "You are full of surprises Miss Emmeline Belrose." She surprised him by slipping down, and hooking a leg around his own. She pulled and closed what little distance remained between them.

Laying there facing each other, with Emmeline's leg thrown over his and hooked behind. Their bodies pulled tight together, they kissed again. Jon had intentionally distracted himself from the situation with his story, and Emmeline's song had helped with that as well. However there was no distraction now, and Jon was fully aware of the warmth of Emmeline's skin. The soft feel of her breasts every time she took a breath. The smell of her perfume mixed with the soft scent of her filled his nostrils. He was aroused, and he wanted her, but he had to be very careful. All the men in this woman's life want her, and those men are not special. Jon truly wanted to be special for Emmeline. To be her safe place in a world full of storms. Their eyes met for only a moment before she buried her face against his chest. Those eyes, they filled him up and cast him out to an endless sea. He could get lost in those eyes, and happily drift away.

"I never learned how to read or write," she said while tracing his hand, embarrassment singing from her words, "Sapphira and Jodelle learned when they were younger, but I never did. So Jodelle's mother would teach me songs, so that I could know what were in the books my eyes would never understand." She started to sing again before Jon could say anything in response. He was going to offer to teach her, but he wasn't sure if that would embarrass her further. 'I bet her sisters have already at least offered, if not already tried.' Closing his eyes Jon let himself get lost in the sound of her voice, and the feel of her body pressed against his. Once she stopped tracing his hand he began running it down the the length of her curves. He ran the backs of his fingers down her body from shoulder to knee and back up again. Intermixing soft caresses to the curve of her waist and lower back, with the gentle squeeze to her behind during one pass.

Jon opened his eyes and they silently studied each other for a long time, before she traced a path from his forehead to lips with the tips of her fingers. As Jon's hand glided up her body once more, she redirected his hand to her breast. Jon could feel the speed of her heart beating, and when he kneaded her breast with a gentle squeeze and her breath caught Jon smiled, and moved in to kiss her again. This time the fire in his blood wouldn't let him hold back on the kiss, and he intended to leave her breathless. Leveraging himself up on his elbow, he took hold of the back of her neck with that hand. He used that hand to turn her head to the side, exposing her neck and breaking apart their lips so she could breath. Jon didn't stop however, he trailed kisses across her jaw and onto her neck. Where he focused more attention, continued kisses, and gentle bites.

She was burning on the inside from desire, the waves of it following the same path as Jon's hand. When he grabbed her bottom it took all she could not to pounce on him and bed him. He took hold of the back of her neck and kissed her. She opened her mouth and slipped her tongue between his lips, meeting his own. It was clear that they put every ounce of their wanting for each other into those kisses and Kitten was sad when he left her mouth but even more fervid when he moved to her neck. She let out a surprise gasp when he bit her; she liked it and she wanted more.

She never had to practice self-restrain and so she had no concept of it. She was in a dazed mood that centered upon one thing that she needed. If he would have been a client, she would have made a grab for his belt but as she was here for her own pleasure she thought only of herself now. She wanted to show him how her body was responding to him as she could feel his response against her thigh. She took his hand from lying on her cheek and moved it again to her breast, this time having something to show. She didn't have to press it hard for him to feel what was there on his account and she slid his thumb against it. She could not get Jon past her inner thigh when she tried to put his hand to a lower area. Not having time for frustration and completely encompassed by her passion, she put her own hand there and continued to kiss Jon with much forcefulness. After a few minutes she let out a sign of relief and slumped against him, panting for breath. She was light-headed but she felt great and a single thought crossed her mind after all that had happened.

"Are you a virgin?"

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Edited by Faun

Jon starts to laugh between gasping breaths. "I bet you meant to think that last question." He manages to say, while he tucks a stray hair behind her ear. Controlling his laughter, Jon continues, "I'm not a virgin Emmeline, but I can see how you would confuse my sexual restraint with inexperience or fear." He brushes his fingers across her cheek, and then runs his fingers through her hair.

Jon sighs, both because he is content in this moment, and because he's not sure he should say what he wants to say. He chooses to push forward, "Emmeline, I enjoy your company. There is something very special buried inside you. You try to hide it with your Kitten persona, but I can see it sometimes." Jon smiles warmly, "You've been revealing a little of yourself since outside, and much more so since you entered this room tonight." Jon lets his eyes wander down her body intentionally slowly, savoring her beauty. At some point the silk robe had come open, revealing the transparent dress beneath, "No pun intended." He jokes. "I really like the dress by the way. It is..." he trails off looking for the perfect descriptor. "Enticing" he finishes.

She was not pleased at all by his response and made no effort to hide it. This whole time she had assumed that he was virginal, since he refused to do anything with her. It was very upsetting to think that he would be with other women and not her. Maybe he thought she was dirty; she couldn't think of any other reason to explain his behavior. Jon went on to talk about her, her "supposed" persona...she had half a mind to rudely interrupt him and explain that he knew nothing about her. But she showed him that he wasn't the only person that could show restrain.

She saw his eyes feasting on her nakedness and she decided she didn't quite like it so she wrapped her robe tightly around her and turned her back to him, though still remaining near to him. Normally after finishing she promptly left a man's room but all her exhaustion seem to catch up with her and she was comfortable next to him. When he put his hand on her hip, she pressed it against it before wrapping his arm around her. Kitten was still giving him the cold shoulder though.

She found herself wondering about his past relationships so she asked, "How many women was it? What did they look like? How old were you when it first happened?" Her curiosity was greater than her jealousy it seemed...

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Laying there, curled up together with his arms wrapped around her, Jon was confused. Confused by her sudden shift in mood, covering up and turning away like that. Jon mentally went back over everything that had just been said, looking for where he must have misspoken. Finding nothing ovious he tried to look at things though her eyes. 'Where did this begin.' Jon thought, 'Are you a virgin she asked, and apparently no was not the right answer. Now... Why?' The barrage of questions about his past lovers struck him one after another, and at first he just layed there stunned. Inhaling suddenly as if surprised, Jon realized where Emmeline's thoughts must have gone.

"My dear Emmeline, please allow me to explain further." He tensed his arms, gently squeezing her by way of a hug, "First, know that I do want you." He shifted slightly, pressing the evidence of his wanting against her, "The only reason that I've been restraining myself with you at all, is that I don't want to be just another man in your life. I know you can have your pick of men, you are beautiful, and seductive. You have no idea how hard it has been to resist your advances." Jon's voice takes on an exadurating tone to show just how tough it has been, "I want to be special for you. No, I want to be special to you. I want to be the man that you want to come back to, not just that guy you sometimes share a bed with."

"Let me ask you this: If we had slept together that first time we could have, would I even be interesting to you anymore?" Jon held her tight, asking his last question into the back of her neck. His lips so close that they brush against her tender skin.

She listened to his reasoning carefully, trying very hard to understand his point of view. When he pressed against her, she liked it. She liked the feeling of being wanted. She liked when he hugged her and she liked how close they were to each other.

When he asked the question she tried to ignore the proximity of his lips and how it tickled her neck-- in a good way. She didn't want to admit whether he was right or wrong. "Sex is natural for me. It's like eating or drinking. When I'm hungry I have a meal, and when I'm hungry in another way, well I take care of that too. It's just a part of living and its so much easier not to hold back." She laid in silence for a while. It was comforting the way her body fit into the nook of his and she didn't want to move from where she was. With his left arm around her, she placed her left hand on top of his and closed her eyes. She didn't realize she was falling asleep, stubbornly she thought she was just resting for a moment. But it only took a moment for her to fall deeply into sleep for the rest of the night.

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Jon snuggled his face up against the back of Emmeline's neck, and inhaled the scent of her deeply. He released the warm breath slowly taking almost a minute on that one breath alone. Sinking deeper into relaxation, Jon murmurs his response, barely audible, "Sex is a natural part of life for me as well, not so mundane as eating and drinking mind. Unless we're talking a festival meal of course." Jon winks so his eyelashes brush the back of Emmeline's ear, "I've found that a few things are worth waiting for, and I believe that you are one of those things Emmeline." Jon falls into a semi-conscience state, his mind no longer really awake, while his free hand gently runs his fingers through Emmeline's hair. This continues for about an hour before his arm flops over, and lays still.

-Jon Smythe

Jodelle feels upset by how badly her negotiations had went. She knows if she can't control him, not something she had wanted to do anyways, she could easily control her younger sister who would do whatever she said, especially now. Jodelle had listened to what some of her girls had said lately and there seemed to be a lot of circumstantial evidence against him. It is morning now and Jodelle knocks on Kitten's door and is not being recieved. She takes out her ring of keys and places it in the lock, entering her sister's bedroom. She sees that she is not there and has evidently slept somewhere else for the night. She sits down on the chair in front of her vanity and waits patiently.

Some time later, Kitten arrives, slipping through the door. She gets up and walks to her sister. "Dear sister, where were you last night?" She can see the revealing clothing Kitten is wearing and has an idea of what has happened between her and Jon. When Kitten begins to apologize about the mirror, tearing up, Jodelle pats her head and pulls her into an embrace. "Shhhh. No don't cry my love. All is forgiven. I was just so worried about you when I didn't see you on the floor." She places a kiss on her forehead. "Come, sit next to me."

She watches Kitten as she hides her face behind her curls. Jodelle pushes them back and grabs Kitten's chin so that she will look her in the eyes. "What have I taught you about whoring yourself love? Only if you get something in return." She sighs deeply to indicate her disappointment. "This man, Mr. Smythe, do you think he really likes you? He's using you dear. He's a murderer. I'm going to make contact to the guard of my suspicions." She sees Kittens eyes widen. "Many of the girls have talked about him saying the most awful things. They said he tried to lead them away for a good price. Poor Elisa, she always was looking for extra money...." Kitten looked away from her. "Don't you see dear? He's just using you for immunity. He'll say he was with you all night, but you were passed out drunk. Could you really be his alibi? The first day we meet him a girl dies and then he just disappears. Isn't that odd to you?" Jodelle can see that this is clearly upsetting her sister so she moves onto something else. "And maybe he is not the murderer. So far there is no solid evidence. But I still don't believe in his character. As we were trying to make a buisness deal, he cursed me and walked out slamming my door, MY door. He only cared about making money for himself. I asked for a little bit of compensation and he exploded. He made ridiculous demands, asking for a score of our women for no price at all. Something about sharing his bed, I think."

"I love you Kitten, I only look out what's best for you. And I would never tell you what to do. You're an adult now but you're also my baby sister and I have to protect you. Just promise me that you'll try and keep your distance from him? At least until the buisness is sorted out. I'll let you know as soon as we can strike a deal that will help us out. We're short on money and we have to make this work. You will be a good girl, right?"

This was Jodelle's way of getting back at Jon. She didn't like the way the last meeting went and even though she would make a fair deal with him, the last one he proposed seemed fair, she intended on giving him hell until then. Kitten was an easy way of carrying that out. And though she loved her sister deeply, she figured after this they would be even and so a little bit of manipulation wouldn't hurt anyone...

Jodelle "Buttercup" Belrose

Edited by Aurora

The rays of sunlight first hitting the room slowly began to wake her up. She went in and out of consciousness, finally opening her eyes. She focused on the things around her and was completely dumbfounded for a moment. She felt the arm around her and turned around slowly to see Jon sound asleep. Then she remembered where she was and how she had gotten here. Light! How could I have slept so much? I missed the whole party.. She moved his arm off of her carefully and slid out of the bed. When she stood, her legs gave in quickly with a soft thump on the floor. She looked towards Jon to make sure he was still sleeping and then holding the nightstand slowly stood up. Regaining her balance she was about to bolt out of the room, when she thought about Jon. Clutching her robe between her breasts, she leaned over to him and softly kissed his lips as not to awake him. She got up again, smoothed out her hair and unlatched his door, leaving quietly. She tiptoed down the corridor making towards her room. When she came upon her door she found it ajar and was trying to figure out why it was so. She gave the door a small push as it creaked open, revealing Jodelle sitting at her vanity. Emotions welled up inside of her and she tried not to break down in sobs at the sight of her sister.

"Jodelle...I'm so..the mirror, I didn't mean..I was so tired, I hadn't realized how much I slept..it's hard..lately..I.." She tried to form coherent sentences as tears streamed down her cheeks. Her older sister came up to her and wrapped her in a motherly embrace, forgiving her for her past mistakes. Kitten felt much more calm, her panic attack dissipating by the mercy of her sister. She felt so grateful towards Jodelle and readily listened when she began to speak. What ensued cannot be thoroughly described in words. Kitten felt herself split in two, something inside of her literally being ripped apart at the seams. She knew that her sister was only trying to take care of her and the fact that she spoke Kitten's worst fears (the murder), could have easily destroyed her then. But her anger at Jon's mistreatment of her sister, kept her there, in the room, within herself, as herself.

You will be a good girl, right?" Jodelle asks.

"Of course. Family comes first," Kitten says in a low whisper, trying to smile. Jodelle promptly leaves and Kitten sits there for a long time, just staring down at her hands clasped in her lap. The darkness is closing in on her and she's slipping. She thought yesterday that things would finally be different, that she could be happy and yet she was worse off now than ever before. She went to her door and latched it shut. She needed no one with her now. She pulled up the floorboard and retrieved the box that was hidden underneath. She saw the ivory comb that she had planned to put in her hair today but threw it beneath everything else. She found what she was looking for, a knife she hadn't used in years. She stood looking out the thick curtains adorning her window and began to cut on the inside of her left arm so that it would be easily covered. Three marks she made, the pain allowing her to remain in control, to hold on to some semblance of herself. The pain kept the darkness at bay as it slowly receded into the corners of her mind. And it let her remember, everything, for one moment. Blood slid down her fingers and began to cover the floor and her feet. She dropped then, passed out from the physical and emotional pain, not being able to handle anymore.

She must not have been out for long because the blood had not yet dried when she awoke. She stripped the dress off of her and hid it at the bottom of her closet. She began to scrub the wood from any trace of what she had done. She wiped the knife and placed it once more beneath the floor. She didn't tend to her wounds though; in her mind they didn't exist but she made sure that her clothing would cover it. Then she made towards the dining hall to have breakfast. Maybe a routine will help. she thought.

Emmeline Lunaire Belrose

Jon woke up in the middle of the night to Emmeline thrashing around, apparently having a bad dream about the events surrounding the last time Jon visited the Haus. She kept mumbling things about the murder, and Jon heard her call his name a couple times. "It's okay Emmeline, I'm here, and you're safe. I won't let him get you." Gently running his fingers through her hair, he waited until the dream had past and she slipped back into sleep before he let himself calm down. 'My poor Emmeline, that night scarred you badly.' Jon thought sadly. He hugged her lightly, so as not to wake her, and whispered, "I will take care of you Emmeline, if only you will let me."

Jon slipped back into a fitful sleep of his own, where dreams of shadows chasing Emmeline plagued him. He couldn't defend her from these shadows, in some his staff swung right through them. In others he was away on business, only to return and find out that they had gotten to her while he was away. While in a third Kitten was pointing a finger at him, and accusing him of the crime itself. No matter what type of nightmare he had, they were all terrible to Jon. The first because it seemed supernatural, and the supernatural had to do with the One Power.The second because it reminded him of his past fiancee who fell ill, and died while he was away on business. The last because he could never do the terrible things that he was accused of in those dreams, and the thought that Kitten might believe that he could was almost more than he could bear.

Jon awoke fully as his door clicked shut, and when he opened his eyes to see Kitten gone he only sighed. He was surprised that he slept through her leaving this time, but with the dreams he had had all night still fresh in his mind he could at least understand why. She must have just left, since he could still feel her on his lips, and her side of the bed was still warm. The scent of her still hung in the air near the blankets, and pillow. Not the perfume she wore, but the smell of her herself. Jon buried his face in her pillow and closed his eyes. Still too groggy to face the day, Jon let himself drift back into sleep. Bless the Light, this time he didn't dream.

-Jon Smythe

Edited by Delfon

• 2 weeks later...

Jon woke up again in stages, first he started to notice the birds singing outside his window. Then he felt the blankets, still sitting exactly where they were when he went back to sleep. He then became aware of his own morning breath. Jerking back his head, and giving it a shake to clear his nose of that smell.

Finally opening his eyes, Jon saw that the sun had moved considerably higher. 'How did I sleep so long? It must be closer to lunch than breakfast at this point.' As if in answer to his thought Jon's stomach grumbled, low and fierce.

Taking a deep breath Jon swings his legs off the bed, and groggily makes his way through his morning routine.

Now fully dressed, clean, and with refreshingly fresh breath. Jon makes his way downstairs to see what might be left over from breakfast. Or perhaps something that has been prepared early for lunch.

*edited out badly autocorrected words for what they were intended to be in the first place.

Edited by Delfon

• 3 weeks later...

The morning had passed unpleasantly for Kitten. She spent most of her time trying to avoid Jon and he made it very difficult for her. She tried to find Sapphira to have someone to talk to but didn't see her in sight. Walking up the staircase she saw the girls shuffling into the room where they were going to be examined. Jodelle met Kitten's eyes and beckoned her to come near.

"You haven't had a check up in quite a while, sister."

"Please Jodelle, I won't subject myself to such embarrassment. I'm perfectly fine and do not need one."

Jodelle grabbed her firmly around the arm. In doing so, Kitten's wounds re-opened and her white sleeve was now pooling into ribbons of red. Kitten saw how incredibly angry Jodelle was as her sister shoved her into an open room. "Take off your dress!" She yelled at her.

Slowly Kitten did as she said until the marks of her self mutilation were fully visible. She winced as Jodelle ran towards her.

Emmeline Belrose

Jon collected some late breakfast, and sat eating methodically. Apparently many people wake late while staying here, because the staff didn't bat an eye at his late breakfast request. Crunching through a peice of toast, Jon sees Kitten slip upstairs. He waves, but she ducks away 'I guess she didn't see me. Or shes avoiding me for some reason. I swear that woman's moods change by the second.'

Waiting around downstairs hoping that one of the sisters would come and chat with him. Jon starts to get bored. All of his business affairs are well in hand with the exception of this the Haus. He's not interested in any of the girls who are not Kitten. With nothing else to do Jon orders a bottle of wine, and takes it up to his room.

Jon locks the door, but fails to check the windows to see I they are locked. Sitting down on the bed Jon sets to work on the bottle. Half a glass in he begins to feel the effects, but he pushes through it and manages to drink four full glasses.

Sitting there drunk Jon wonders idly when he took off his pants, and where they are now? Shrugging he lets the room spin slowly around him.

• 3 weeks later...

Waking up at some point, Jon groggily remembers drinking too much wine. He cant seem to cone up with a reason for drinking at all. Was it simply to relax and let himself go for once? or was it for no real reason other than boredom?

Realizing that he's still dressed, Jon changes his clothing, and attends to his bodily needs. Making water, brushing out his bed made hair do, and freshening his breath. He becomes aware that the sun is no longer up, and wonders if it's before, during or after the nightly party at the Haus. Jon steps to his door unlocks it, and heads downstairs to find out.

-Jon Smythe