DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue teaser discussion

Lurk No More

A man who loves the hunt begins a new pursuit

I am clueless as to whom this is referring to. Either it's referring to one of the Foresaken, Lan, or Elyas. I can't really think of any other main character who "loves the hunt".... Possibly Galad, but I really don't have any good evidence to support any of these guesses

A man who loves the hunt begins a new pursuit

You know, if we didn't know that Mat's first PoV was in chapter 11, I'd have wagered hard that this referred to Mat--not all hunts are violent, but he is a married man now. Lol.

I think Slayer is likely as well, though what his new pursuit might be is an odd question... maybe leading the Wild Hunt--all the old stories spoke of the Wild Hunt being led by Old Grimm (by which they meant the Dark One), and though we've seen that's not accurate we have seen via the CoT Superpack, and heard from Masuri of even crazier (more wild) Darkhound hunts, so a Wild Hunt seems possible, and Slayer would be the sort to lead it.

Honestly I don't think Fain can particularily be said to love the hunt. In fact his hatred of the hunt is a rather integral aspect of his character--it's informed practically everything he's done in the entire series. Though that being said both the TofM and tGS dust jacket thingies for the prologue release played a bit hard a fast with the specifics, so the fact that Fain was once a hound in the hunt may have been enough for that little piece of hyperbole.

Other than that what have we... Perrin? It's possible, we've certainly seen him hunt, though he doesn't love it. Elyas maybe--he both loves the Hunt and departed Perrin's company recently which could involve him ending up with a new pursuit. Other than that I can't think of anyone else.

one of the Forsaken stands newly revealed.

Demandred seems the obvious choice, but Taim is also a possibility here--newly revealed as one of the Forsaken, or newly revealed as Moridin if you believe that theory.

By grace and banners fallen, the Last Battle has come.

It's a cute little line, but I still cannot believe that the Shadow at Noon was not used as a prologue or epilogue title. *sigh*

Ah. Yes, clearly it is Lord Orban.

Do you guys keep a rolodex of every character ever mentioned? Keeping track of all the different characters has been one of hardest things for me, if not for google I wouldn't have known who that is.

Thought is the arrow of time, Toot: Memory never fades. :wink:

Do you guys keep a rolodex of every character ever mentioned? Keeping track of all the different characters has been one of hardest things for me, if not for google I wouldn't have known who that is.

Scumbag brain must be striking again then :rolleyes:

Lol, admittedly I had to look that one up on eWoT.

I'd lean towards Taim over Demandred for the Forsaken reveal since we know the Black Tower sequence has to be caught up with where the story is and I would think the Demandred reveal would be kept until main book came out

It's a prologue though, it is its own little setup in itself; it can be seperate from the story line and still be pertinent.

Mmm, people made the same argument about the Graendal reveal not being in the TofM prologue, so just because the Demandred reveal might be big doesn't mean it will necessarily be saved for later.

That being said, there is a point to be made about the Black Tower timeline needing to be brought up to date, and the prologue would be a good place to have a sizeable past-time scene allowing later scenes to be further toward the present--but then, I made the same point about Perrin and Tam 'definately having to be up to date' by the end of the TofM prologue, and that obviously didn't happen--though against that Brandon and Team Jordan was much more aware of the issues with the highly skewed timelines for aMoL, so maybe...

Try:

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/index.html

Try:

http://encyclopaedia...ters/index.html

I got as far as "All 2200 characters" and stopped.

I can never keep track of minor characters. I usually sit and think "Wasn't he that guy who did that thing that time when Perrin did his thing in the place?" and end being totally wrong :D

Newly revealed says to me something nobody has thought of before.

So for me, either its Taim being outed (as nobody in RL knows really) or someone trusted (Sorilea??) being discovered as a Darkfriend. Though forsaken status would indicate strength in the OP, and Sorilea can't channel for teacakes.

. By grace and banners fallen, the Last Battle has come.

We know that "Peace favor your sword.” is a Shienaran warrior's blessing, does any faction use Grace as an oath or saying at any point, currently on re-read but only just started so just at Whitebridge :P

But Banners fallen says Tarwins Gap failed, or whatever Nation does use "Grace" falls in battle.

Mind you, isn't Camelyn said to be extremly Graceful in its Architecture?

Archived