DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Dennis Gray

Ebook Store Default Username

Okay,

• So I came here from the Tor site to shop at the ebook store.

• To buy a book, I had to create an account. No problem.

• But no where does it give you the ability to create a user name. It just uses your real name.

• Then I discovered the forums (because I wanted to report what I consider weirdness in file names for epubs). The forums use this same username.

• I can't edit my username in my account preferences.

• I'd really like to use a different username (forum nickname).

Therefore:

1 - I think the whole scenario should be different. i.e. you should be given the chance to create a username/nickname when you are creating an ebook store account.

2 - I'd like a way to change the one I've got.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Dennis Gray

That's weird. So does anybody know what will happen to those of us who already have user names on the forum when we try to purchase an ebook? Will we end up making a second user account with our real name?

Edited by Olver_is_a_Forsaken

Okay,

• So I came here from the Tor site to shop at the ebook store.

• To buy a book, I had to create an account. No problem.

• But no where does it give you the ability to create a user name. It just uses your real name.

• Then I discovered the forums (because I wanted to report what I consider weirdness in file names for epubs). The forums use this same username.

• I can't edit my username in my account preferences.

• I'd really like to use a different username (forum nickname).

Therefore:

1 - I think the whole scenario should be different. i.e. you should be given the chance to create a username/nickname when you are creating an ebook store account.

2 - I'd like a way to change the one I've got.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, sorry about that. We fixed this a few days ago. From now on, when you register in order to buy an item, you get to chose a login name rather than using a First Name / Last Name.

We're more than happy to change your display name to a login name of your choice. Please just email help@dragonmount.com from the email address you registered and request the change.

Thanks!

Jason

Yeah, sorry about that. We fixed this a few days ago. From now on, when you register in order to buy an item, you get to chose a login name rather than using a First Name / Last Name.

Well done!

You guys are to be congratulated on bringing an ebook store online from scratch. I'm new to ebooks. But I'll be buying whatever I get from you (if you have it). I like the idea of supporting the sci-fi/fantasy community as well as the "little guy." As well as being a BIG FAN of DRM-free digital content.

Keep up the great work!

Dennis