DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of time- timeframe

Assassoid

From the night that Moirane and Lan took Mat Eggy Perrin and Rand from Emond's Field to the day that Mat Thom and Noal get Moraine out of the tower of Ghenji... how much time has passed? I have guessed many times and have a good idea but I just got finished with The Gathering Storm and from dialog it seems like that Tarmon Gaidin as of the TGS/TOM is a week away? Enlighten me as to how long it takes for this series to happen in real time.

From the night that Moirane and Lan took Mat Eggy Perrin and Rand from Emond's Field to the day that Mat Thom and Noal get Moraine out of the tower of Ghenji... how much time has passed? I have guessed many times and have a good idea but I just got finished with The Gathering Storm and from dialog it seems like that Tarmon Gaidin as of the TGS/TOM is a week away? Enlighten me as to how long it takes for this series to happen in real time.

Here is the Steven Cooper timeline. It is good through TGS I believe...

http://www.stevenac.net/wot/wotchron.htm

There's something I've always been curious about regarding time. It's only mentioned a couple of times in the entire series that I can remember, but I think in Randland a week is 10 days. Anyone else ever notice this?

I think there was a mention once of "two weeks" and equating it to 20 days. And another mention elsewhere about half a week; this one was less explicit, but it gave me the impression that half a week was more than 3.5 days.

As some advice take any timeframes with regards TGS and ToM with a pinch of salt. In the example above there's 27 days between Verin handing Mat the sealed letter and talking to Egwene, whereas in actuality there could only have been a maximum of 10 days (I think that was the length of time Verin agreed with Mat for him to wait for her to return and open the letter - in her own PoV she expected his curiosity to make him open it, as such her oath to the DO would prevent her taking any longer than the 10 days, however using 10 days as the timeframe puts Rands timeline out of sync...)

Archived