DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is my book unique?

Hermitage

I have a copy of Fires of Heaven that has the cover upside-down. Was that common, or do I have something cool and unique?

Maybe, all copies like that would have been recalled by the publisher. The rarest book in RJ's realm is a paperback of the Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind that shows the copyright being held by Robert Jordan. If you know anything about the animosity between the two of them, that' significant.

My Fires of Heaven was printed upside down as well. You can see the raised lettering imprinted on the back side of the cover instead of the front.

I was aware of the anomosity between the two authors, but I wasn't sure exactly what the cause was. I enjoyed both series, though if I had to choose a series as a whole I'd go with WOT. As an individual book though, I'd have to go with Faith of the Fallen. Just loved that one. It's probably the only book I've ever read, then immediately started over and read again. The final scene in the book is just amazing. That said, Faith of the Fallen is very much a political commentary, moreso then most of Goodkind's series, and I'm pretty conservative with some libertarian tendancies so it hit me pretty well.

My Fires of Heaven was printed upside down as well. You can see the raised lettering imprinted on the back side of the cover instead of the front.

I was aware of the anomosity between the two authors, but I wasn't sure exactly what the cause was. I enjoyed both series, though if I had to choose a series as a whole I'd go with WOT. As an individual book though, I'd have to go with Faith of the Fallen. Just loved that one. It's probably the only book I've ever read, then immediately started over and read again. The final scene in the book is just amazing. That said, Faith of the Fallen is very much a political commentary, moreso then most of Goodkind's series, and I'm pretty conservative with some libertarian tendancies so it hit me pretty well.

After reading some of the reasons for people disliking Terry Goodkind I can understand it, but I do agree, Faith of the Fallen is one of my favorite books. Say what you will about that, but I really just feel good after reading that book...It instills a faith in humanity that can be lacking at times.

After reading some of the reasons for people disliking Terry Goodkind I can understand it, but I do agree, Faith of the Fallen is one of my favorite books. Say what you will about that, but I really just feel good after reading that book...It instills a faith in humanity that can be lacking at times.

it was the last sword of truth book i read, but i also probably enjoyed it the most.

Archived