DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How The Dark One Will Manifest Himself... If He Does

demonspawn

So, I was just thinking... And I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a discussion on this anywhere... How will the DO manifest himself if/when he is unleashed before or during the resealing of the Bore?... If he does at all.

Will he take a human form, be a big cloud of black death, like in the Green Lantern movie? I have a wee small part of me brain wondering if he will put himself fully in the body of Shaidar Haran.

Yes, I know that the DO doesn't necessarily have to take shape at all but I'd be a bit miffed if he was just a mass of CAPS LOCK FURY throughout the chapter/s he will feature in.

So peeps... Any thoughts?

Well Shaidar Haran is a "shadowy projection of the DO" so I am thinking, the more he can touch the world, the bigger, stronger and scarier Shaidar Haran becomes.

I don't think the DO actually has a physical form. He has to project himself into something like Shaidar Haran.

SH, I think, is the DO's chosen vessel in the world.

It was the DO who created Myrddraal, I believe. Aginor didn't, it was an accident according to him. I think the DO actually had a hand in it. Remember that the Forsaken say the DO has a peculiar fondness of Myddraal.

As a mirror of Rand...

This would fulfil nicely several prophecies/visions,

'The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die.' - The two could be good and evil, Rand and the DO?

Min's vision of Alivia killing Rand - If she is in the circler of 3 welding Callandor ?

The Dragons blood stains the rock of SG - the dragons blood or 'a' Rand's blood?

I don't see the Dark One being more than a voice. I mean after drilling the bore it was exposed for quite some time and the Dark One didn't have anything more than some influence on the pattern right? I don't see there being enough time between breaking the seals and Rand fixing the prison for the Dark One to get out. Maybe some increased power for SH like some suggested but I'm skeptical there. There is going to be a battle at Shayol Ghul so he has the chance to really do some nasty things there as well.

As a mirror of Rand...

And there's something in EotW:

Rand turned in one spot, staring. Staring at his own image thrown back at him a thousandfold. Ten thousandfold.. all around him stood mirrors.. all showing him..

A red blur drifted across the mirrors.. Ba'alzamon strode across the mirrors, ten thousand Ba'alzamons..

Ba'alzamon's face raged behind him, enveloping, consuming, merging.. There was only one face in those endless mirros. His own face. Ba'alzamon's face. One face.

As a mirror of Rand...

Rand turned in one spot, staring. Staring at his own image thrown back at him a thousandfold. Ten thousandfold.. all around him stood mirrors.. all showing him..

A red blur drifted across the mirrors.. Ba'alzamon strode across the mirrors, ten thousand Ba'alzamons..

Ba'alzamon's face raged behind him, enveloping, consuming, merging.. There was only one face in those endless mirros. His own face. Ba'alzamon's face. One face.

I think this is more a foreshadowing of the Rand - Moridin link. After all it wasn't the DO, it was Ishamael.

As a mirror of Rand...

I think this is more a foreshadowing of the Rand - Moridin link. After all it wasn't the DO, it was Ishamael.

True; but 'Ba'alzamon' is the Trolloc name for the DO, so it could still be a sort of foreshadowing, if a bit of a convoluted one.

Anyway, I favour the 'faceless darkness' one out of the various possibilities. I also think Rand will have to die to face the DO.

As a mirror of Rand...

This would fulfil nicely several prophecies/visions,

'The two must be as one. If you would live, you must die.' - The two could be good and evil, Rand and the DO?

Min's vision of Alivia killing Rand - If she is in the circler of 3 welding Callandor ?

The Dragons blood stains the rock of SG - the dragons blood or 'a' Rand's blood?

I like this idea. It would wrap up several prophecies nicely.

I also like the idea of Rand dying and then meeting Perrin in Tel aran rhiod and then facing the DO in some fashion.

Archived