DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The One Power

thisguy

I'm bored, so play along with me.

So, Rand can create a super sword with the one power that can slice through just about anything and not hurt his hand while he holds it, right? So, why not make a suit of armor like that so nothing can hurt him. Just tie off the weave. Also, his hand's gone. Big deal. Do a Tyr and have the blade come staight out of the nub.

Any other suggestions, silly or not, are most welcome.

Oh there is a lot I would do with the one power that the characters in the book apparent don't think of... but I blame it on playing to much D&D and wanting to break magic users.

Walls of air to make archers useless, horizontal gates that become death traps, illusions, so many things you can do with magic like exists in this world. Though i will admit the Death Blossoms i would have never come up with, its pretty ingenious

One thing iv'e noticed in the wheel of time is that anything other than physical magic is weak. Illusions are actually quite sad.

What if you illusioned up something awful to scare off all the dark friends during TG. The dark friends aren't very strong willed and would break easily.

What if you could use flows of spirit to give the enemy a feeling of doubt. An enemy that doubts himself is easier to defeat.

Rand could illusion himself to god size to rally his troops and frighten the enemy.

Why cant the weaves be used look a mass healing. When Rand was bonded by his girls they weren't all touching him. Why cant a healer heal many people at the same time.

This was just off the top of my head. Maybe I play to much D&D as well

Oh there is a lot I would do with the one power that the characters in the book apparent don't think of... but I blame it on playing to much D&D and wanting to break magic users.

Walls of air to make archers useless, horizontal gates that become death traps, illusions, so many things you can do with magic like exists in this world. Though i will admit the Death Blossoms i would have never come up with, its pretty ingenious

Are you referring to the shield of air used by Aes'Sedai at Dumai's well ?

Actually we don't see many battle where the Op had been used , open battle , and apparently Damane are more concerned about blowing thing up then shielding themselves with air

I'm bored, so play along with me.

So, Rand can create a super sword with the one power that can slice through just about anything and not hurt his hand while he holds it, right? So, why not make a suit of armor like that so nothing can hurt him. Just tie off the weave. Also, his hand's gone. Big deal. Do a Tyr and have the blade come staight out of the nub.

Any other suggestions, silly or not, are most welcome.

Actually while your Idea may seem good and pretty classy , flaming armor , if it works like the hammer of Perrin , if not then you have a problem . You can get the flame to not harm you but the heat ? the heat would inevitably boil you up . Even if somehow you make the heat disperse well nobody could touch him ?friend or foe , and that could put you in trouble , plus you can't mount anymore .

To another degree in a battle against another channeller he could twist the weave to harm you , is that a risk you wan't to take ?

The Idea is cool but a bit unpractical , tying of the weave seems a bit risky to me . On the other hand crafting a power woven armor , same principle as weapon like the Asha'man made for Perrin , and applying enchantment to them , that would be nice .

One thing iv'e noticed in the wheel of time is that anything other than physical magic is weak. Illusions are actually quite sad.

What if you illusioned up something awful to scare off all the dark friends during TG. The dark friends aren't very strong willed and would break easily.

What if you could use flows of spirit to give the enemy a feeling of doubt. An enemy that doubts himself is easier to defeat.

Rand could illusion himself to god size to rally his troops and frighten the enemy.

This was just off the top of my head. Maybe I play to much D&D as well

Nice Idea but do you think an illusion brought in the middle of a battle with trolloc might scare the hell of your own troops ? yet again Trolloc won't fear the lightside as much as they fear the Do . Against Seanchan that might be nice indeed.

Me I like something simple , Golem , construct made of different material ,rock , sand , water , metal , even made of pure fire , that , that I like very much .You create them and you simply instruct them to kill trollocs .

Archived