DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim and the Black Tower

mwayneknight

I am positive that people have probably talked about this, but if they had then an answer or theory would be cool to hear (these forums are massive and sometimes hard to find threads). Now I keep thinking about the black tower and the stones they are using, and also how Taim was not going mad with him touching the one power. What if the way to be connected to the Dark one and not be affected by the taint was to have to go to shayol ghul directly to have it done.

So my point is what if that is what he is doing to the black tower, using bricks or something directly from shayol ghul which gives it a connection to allow him to recruit dreadlords and have them free of the taint(understood it doesnt matter now because of the whole no taint thing), but I thought that would be a pretty cool way to do it.

Well we know for fact he has rock from Shayol Gul at the BT but they doesn't have anything to do with taint protection. That needs to come directly from the DO himself. While Taim may have had protection from the taint he isn't passed an age where it is totally unrealistic that it hasn't effected him yet. He could just be lucky.

Also, who is to say that Taim is not batshit crazy? He seems alright, but the Taint manifests in many ways. It could be that it is kept well hidden. Or it simply hasn't manifested to the point of obvious insanity, as suggested above.

Having said that, I think that Taim likely has some protection. While it is certainly possible that the above situations may apply, the most likely answer is the DO has given him protection. Really, I don't see any problem with this. The DO seems able to give protection pretty easily. All it would take is a trip to Shayol Ghul, theoretically, and he is protected. We have no knowledge of the actual process, so it might not be that easy, but AFAWK, it can be done without too much trouble.

On a similar note, it is strange that we haven't seen any of the Darkfriend Asha'man display signs of insanity. All of the ones we know of have been pretty sane, the only people we have seen signs of madness in have been "good" Asha'man.

Archived