DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Foreshadowing at the beginning of Eye of the World

Umpa

Hey guys..never posted here so be gentle:).

Starting my first re read of the series and noticed something..(probably reading too much into it, but was curious). When Tam and Rand first arrive in Edmond's field, the adults(bran, tam, and cenn) were talking. Right after tam gets upset about Cenn talking nonsence as usual, Bran made a comment as Cenn was walking away. Not verbatim, but close enough.."sometimes I wonder if Nyneave was right about......." and the the conversation switches to Mat and Rand

Is this some sort of foreshadowing that i am just not seeing? or am i just reading too much into it?

Thanks folks:)

Starting my first re read of the series and noticed something..(probably reading too much into it, but was curious). When Tam and Rand first arrive in Edmond's field, the adults(bran, tam, and cenn) were talking. Right after tam gets upset about Cenn talking nonsence as usual, Bran made a comment as Cenn was walking away. Not verbatim, but close enough.."sometimes I wonder if Nyneave was right about......." and the the conversation switches to Mat and Rand

Is this some sort of foreshadowing that i am just not seeing? or am i just reading too much into it?

I'm pretty sure the inference is just that Nynaeve has always maintained that Cenn is a fool, and at that moment in time Bran was inclined to agree with her. i.e. 'sometimes I wonder if Nynaeve was right about him. He IS a woolhead.'

I'm pretty sure the inference is just that Nynaeve has always maintained that Cenn is a fool, and at that moment in time Bran was inclined to agree with her. i.e. 'sometimes I wonder if Nynaeve was right about him. He IS a woolhead.'

It might have been "Sometimes I wonder if Nynaeve was right about her hitting him in the head too hard with that stick of hers.......He is retarded now."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rereading The Great Hunt and found a bit of foreshadowing there as well. Love finding things i haven't seen before. A conversation between Siuan and Moiraine.

TGH: Ch.5. Siuan: No one can rally to a woman who must scrub floors and pots all day. Pity her maybe but not rally to her.

She was talking in private with Moiraine and as i read it i immediately flashed forward to Towers of Midngiht when Egwene is in this exact situation but in the end the Aes Sedai rally to her even though she was scrubing pots and floors and getting whipped everyday.

I'm rereading The Great Hunt and found a bit of foreshadowing there as well. Love finding things i haven't seen before. A conversation between Siuan and Moiraine.

TGH: Ch.5. Siuan: No one can rally to a woman who must scrub floors and pots all day. Pity her maybe but not rally to her.

She was talking in private with Moiraine and as i read it i immediately flashed forward to Towers of Midngiht when Egwene is in this exact situation but in the end the Aes Sedai rally to her even though she was scrubing pots and floors and getting whipped everyday.

Epic RJ, who had the vision that apready spanned the entire series to drop these little teasers we enjoy finding on our rereads.

Archived