DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Davram Bashere reminds me A LOT of Inish Scull (McMurtry fans will get it, lol.)

The Fisher King

I can see similarities, Inish is one of my favorite characters from McMurtry. I think that Inish has a bit more character and is much more eccentric than Bashere though, although Capt. Scull does get much more on screen time than Bashere so I feel like I know more of Scull...Bashere is pretty cool and I can see some resemblances but I think Capt. Scull is more likable!

Hi atlas!!! Im excited to meet a fellow LD fan! I LOVED LD and CM, found DMW boring and HATED SoL.

The problem is, in the LATER WOT books, Bashere isn't seen much at all :(

But, early on he really came on the scene as odd, unbalanced (but brilliant). Always loved his quote about the guy he knew that talked to trees but never lost a battle. Remember when he threw a knife at Rand, too?

Scull (his wife Inex was a trip, lol) was the same way, to me at least. They both were described as short, springy, eccentric, tightly-compressed, militarily brilliant, odd...yada yada.

Definitely two great characters.

Fish

Hi, same here! I didn't care for DMW or SoL either...CM was really a breath of fresh air, I loved VK's interpretation of Scull...thats pretty much how I envisioned him...or maybe the film influenced my vision and memory...Bashere I did really dig in the first few books we saw him in, the oak tree story still makes me chuckle when I think about it. Your right though, after being reminded Bashere does come across like that in the first bit we see him...I need to reread CM!

Archived