DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gawyn and Egwene Relationship

Darksmoon

To me this relationship has to be the strangest in the books. They are together for a very limited amount of time. They meet in Tar Valon and then meet up again in Lord of Chaos and then that's it. I do not remember much else until they meet up again in the Tower.

The relationship just doesn't work well to me.

WoT isn't a romance series; and so the unsaid and undeveloped romances are expected. But then that would not include Bryne - Siuan, Mat - Tuon, Rand - Aviendha, Bayle - Egeanin, and Lan - Nynaeve that have had sufficient "screen time" to be called a relationship.

Not enough sex scenes.

In the words of Pam Korda the Wise: '...if RJ had shown all of this "on-screen" ...the books would read like The Fallon Blood.'

i.e., RJ does sex even worse than he does romance.

3 out of 5 sex scenes with Rand, huh? Gives a whole new meaning to The Dragon Reborn. It also.....

I have a better one but this seems somewhat like a family oriented forum. I'll just say it gives a whole new meaning to one of his other titles, and I'm not talking about the Coramoor. ;)

I just write the romance issue off as being a consequence of the absurdly large cast of characters, and stick to filling in the blanks with my own imagination. Which is actually not a bad solution since for stuff like Gawyn/Eqwene it is implied throughout the series that they knew each other from off-page events. In some of the earlier books it's implied Gawyn was around his sister and Eqwene quite often during their training in the White Tower.

Also RJ was sort of really bad at writing female characters. Better than most fantasy writers by far but still pretty shallow and unrealistic if we're talking in the grand scheme of literature. Which makes it rather difficult to scrounge together believable romantic subplots on an already budgeted amount of pages.

3 out of 5 sex scenes with Rand, huh? Gives a whole new meaning to The Dragon Reborn. It also.....

I have a better one but this seems somewhat like a family oriented forum. I'll just say it gives a whole new meaning to one of his other titles, and I'm not talking about the Coramoor. ;)

Haha you cheeky this guy bastard..... very funny

To me this relationship has to be the strangest in the books. They are together for a very limited amount of time. They meet in Tar Valon and then meet up again in Lord of Chaos and then that's it. I do not remember much else until they meet up again in the Tower.

The relationship just doesn't work well to me.

And Galad was all obsessed over her to begin with. Why are Galad and Gawyn falling all over themselves for a commoner from their realm? Egwene must be very, very good looking. Galad seemd to like Nynaeve too. There must be something in the wine spring water that produces hot women.

You mean the one also mentioned in the 'cheesy WoT pickup lines' that I read somewhere? Something about endurance?

You mean the one also mentioned in the 'cheesy WoT pickup lines' that I read somewhere? Something about endurance?

Huh? No. He Who Comes With The Dawn.

That particular title implies a heck of a lot of endurance. Unless the hanky-panky doesn't start until just before dawn, anyway.

Hahaha... yeah, that's true. I just never read or heard of the Cheesy WoT pick up lines thread. If that's what someone else wrote, they're one step ahead of me.

Archived