DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello Dragonmount

I was a member of the old WOT site back in 2005; I started reading Jordan around 91 or 92, not sure. Back then Trollocks were almost invincible, The Ways were the newest thing, Moiraine was alive, and I don't think we ever heard of the Black Ajah. I kept up with it all until around book 11 and then I abandoned the series (sigh..). I loved the WOT site and used to check in everyday as 'KimchiSedai'. I did a random check in a few years ago and saw that WOT had folded and DM was the best place to catch up on WOT. I'm ready to rejoin the fold and continue on with the series with a few reservations; is the series as good as the first few books? I'd love to hear from some of you before I delve back in! Thanks :)

PS:

Saw this today and inspired me to log on:

http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/gallery/true-blood-forsaken/truebloodforsaken9.jpg

yes it is! Glad you are back! If you like discussing theories, then you can join the general wheel of time discussion, there are good debates and mafia games in the general discussion board as well as some great people and games in the social groups. Also, if you like RPing, there are some boards at the bottom, finish the series, they are so good!

Hey! Welcome to DM. I'm not quite up to where you are, but I've heard that the last few books have been exceptionally good. Like Rand said, there are lot's of great discussions in the General Discussion Board. If you don't want anything spoiled, stay far far away from the AMoL Spoiler Board. I'm only about two months old in DM time, but I've found my time here to be very fun and entertaining. I've met lots of great people. I would highly recommend the social groups. That's where a lot of the activity is.

welcome to DM trekkie!!

Dont forget to check out the Social Orgs thats where we tend to hang out and play

who is ure fav charcter? What is ure all time fave scene?

Hello!

Well, fav char is difficult, but I have to admit that I've always loved Siuan, Egwene, Lan, Matt, Faile, Nynaeve, Min, - I guess the core characters including the incomparable Moiraine! Many of the Brown sisters were interesting too. Fav scene that I remember would probably be any of the confrontations between Aes Sedai, or scenes describing their lives and work in the Tower. I never cared for the battle scenes too much. I like that I have 'forgotten' so much of the series that when I reread it will be refreshing!

Hello!

Well, fav char is difficult, but I have to admit that I've always loved Siuan, Egwene, Lan, Matt, Faile, Nynaeve, Min, - I guess the core characters including the incomparable Moiraine! Many of the Brown sisters were interesting too. Fav scene that I remember would probably be any of the confrontations between Aes Sedai, or scenes describing their lives and work in the Tower. I never cared for the battle scenes too much. I like that I have 'forgotten' so much of the series that when I reread it will be refreshing!

yes it is! Glad you are back! If you like discussing theories, then you can join the general wheel of time discussion, there are good debates and mafia games in the general discussion board as well as some great people and games in the social groups. Also, if you like RPing, there are some boards at the bottom, finish the series, they are so good!

Thanks!

Thank you all for your gracious welcome :)

I will enjoy getting to know DM again and rereading the old series (my books are still originals, fallen apart, taped and retaped again, and of course the covers had fallen off by the third chapters…).

My old books look like battle-worn veterans with cryptic notes still in the margins that I can't quite recollect: "Blk???", 'LF' , or, 'at meeting in dress'. See you all around the boards!

Archived