DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Keeping it in the family...

Morden

Rand in love with his Brothers sister....

His Uncle sharing a soul/body with Lan's Cousin...

are there any others that can be thought of?

Its interesting as to why Galad isnt even considered as rightfully entitled to the Sun Crown considering he was the last surviving member of the Damodred family using that name...

and Im very curious to see how Luc/Isam plays a part in MoL, in the real world he looks like Luc, who would surely recognise his nephew if he faced him... crisis of conscience perhaps?

as for Isam.. epic grudge match between him and Perrin in the wolf dream.

so many wheels within wheels to be resolved...

Will rand get that brotherly hug he's always wanted...

Its interesting as to why Galad isnt even considered as rightfully entitled to the Sun Crown considering he was the last surviving member of the Damodred family using that name...

Never got that myself. Him claiming it in Elayne's name would have made the most sense to me. I mean it's not like her kids will keep it as one kingdom, one will take one and one the other.

@ Pinzam, some people shy away from the half thing. I know I don't use it, I have 19 or so "half" brothers and sisters. I just call them my brothers and sisters.

Regardless it's still creepy.

He knows that Tigraine was his mother, he found out in book 6 I believe after putting everything together after speaking to the Andoran nobles, and its common knowledge that Tigraine is Galad's mother, and he was told that his mother left a child behind when she went into the waste.

That was why he panicked so much when he learnt that almost all the Andoran houses shared a common anscestry and was trying to find out how close a link Trakand had with Tigraines house... because he wanted to make sure it wasnt too close a connection.

I mean it's not like her kids will keep it as one kingdom, one will take one and one the other.

what? that makes no sense at all. why would she do that?

If you have multiple children, and one woman who rules two separate kingdoms, at some point it becomes the obvious answer to have 1 ruling "family" but two rulers. I.E. Child 1 takes Andor, Child 2 takes Cahiern, but they're stil part of the Trakand ruling family.

Except that Elayne was doing everything in her power to 'merge' the two countries during ToM.

As to Galad's claim, I guess it was disregarded because there were other claimants with more troops (other Damodreds who actually lived in Cairhien, Riatin, the Trakands) while having a not much worse claim (I think Taringail was a cousin or so of Laman, same as Moiraine, Caraline, maybe others). Elayne got it by virtue of having loads of troops and the Dragon Reborn behind her, not because she necessarily had THE claim to the throne.

Except that Elayne was doing everything in her power to 'merge' the two countries during ToM.

As to Galad's claim, I guess it was disregarded because there were other claimants with more troops (other Damodreds who actually lived in Cairhien, Riatin, the Trakands) while having a not much worse claim (I think Taringail was a cousin or so of Laman, same as Moiraine, Caraline, maybe others). Elayne got it by virtue of having loads of troops and the Dragon Reborn behind her, not because she necessarily had THE claim to the throne.

They can still be one Kingdom, but separate countries, especially given the dual capitals, something like that is bound to happen. Hell even in Avi's future dream, what do we have? Her adressing the queen of "Andor" not Andor/Caherien.

I was always curious about how Rand regards Galad. I know they only met once (as far as I've read into the series anyway), but it was rather memorable. I always assumed he had a bit of chip on his shoulder when it came to Galad since the dude nearly got him killed, or worst.

As for the Isam/Luc connection, I always considered it a dark manifestation of Lan and Rand's bromance, it's evil twin if you will.

They can still be one Kingdom, but separate countries, especially given the dual capitals, something like that is bound to happen. Hell even in Avi's future dream, what do we have? Her adressing the queen of "Andor" not Andor/Caherien

one kindom needs one king [or queen]. it makes a lot more sense to install a prince in carhien and a prince in caemlyn and a single monarch to travel between the two regularly. i'll have to reread her trip through the pillars before i can comment on that though.

Because the Damodred family lost the Throne after Laman. Plus the Cairhein system, when there isn't a clear heir (a son or a daughter of the previous King) seems to be more about which high noble of the few strongest families can get the most support than about strict inheritance rules and primogeniture. Moiraine was considered a better and stronger candidate for the Sun Throne back in New Spring than her to older sisters, for example. Caraline Damodred said Elayne's claim was as strong as anyone's despite her having older brothers, etc

If all the obvious match-ups end up happening, there will be some pretty weird lines we can draw. Think about it, Rand (married to) Elayne (brother of) Gawyn (married to) Egwene, or Rand (half nephew? to) Luc (cousin of) Lan (married to) Nynaeve. If we can relate Rand to Mat and Perrin through the ta'veren thing, then Rand is related (if not by blood) to everyone from Tenobia of Saldea to Tuon/Fortuna of the Seanchan. In fact, i really can't think of any "main" characters that rand isn't related to, if we say that he is related to Mat and Perrin

I think you missed a link. It should go Rand half-nephew to Luc fused to Isam cousin to Lan married to Nynaeve. It has been mentioned that Perrin's child will be encouraged to marry one of Elayne's so we have Perrin being related to Rand that way. Maybe one of Mat's children (if he has any) will marry one of Elayne's, Perrin's, Egwene's or Nynaeve's (if the last 2 have any)

I think you missed a link. It should go Rand half-nephew to Luc fused to Isam cousin to Lan married to Nynaeve. It has been mentioned that Perrin's child will be encouraged to marry one of Elayne's so we have Perrin being related to Rand that way. Maybe one of Mat's children (if he has any) will marry one of Elayne's, Perrin's, Egwene's or Nynaeve's (if the last 2 have any)

yea, i figured the "half cousin" thing would cover it. I believe Rand and Luc are full cousins, but since Luc and Isam kinda fused i figured he is a half cousin to the Luc/Isam combo. I'm fairly sure Nynaeve will have a child, Min had a viewing of Lan (EOTW Ch 15) about a baby in a cradle holding a sword, and Min's visions are always about the future.

yea, i figured the "half cousin" thing would cover it. I believe Rand and Luc are full cousins, but since Luc and Isam kinda fused i figured he is a half cousin to the Luc/Isam combo. I'm fairly sure Nynaeve will have a child, Min had a viewing of Lan (EOTW Ch 15) about a baby in a cradle holding a sword, and Min's visions are always about the future.

Luc is Tigraine's brother; so he is Rand's uncle. We have that proven in the books when Luc fails in his TAR assassination attempt against Rand and his wench in Far Madding. He specifically refers to him as his nephew (if I recall correctly).

Luc is Tigraine's brother; so he is Rand's uncle. We have that proven in the books when Luc fails in his TAR assassination attempt against Rand and his wench in Far Madding. He specifically refers to him as his nephew (if I recall correctly).

Ah yes you are right there, my bad.

Archived