DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Untainted

So when the taint existed each different society had their own way of dealing with crazy saidin wielders. However, now that the taint is cleansed what is happening to these people? Do the Aiel still send them to the blight? Do the Seafolk still still kill themselves (not sure if that one is right)? Do the Seachan still do whatever they do to them? I realize the cleansing is very recent but I am still curious, although I doubt this will get much if any coverage in the last book. Any thoughts?

This is a great example of another one of the things that should be shared(communicated) but isn’t. Rand should have sent emissaries or gone himself to tell every nation/ruling body about the cleansing. Because right now, many of them probably don’t know that the taint is cleansed so they’ll just go about their business and even if they have heard that it’s cleansed, they probably don’t believe it. If this were spread correctly by Rand, he could be gathering more male channelers and hopefully find some that aren’t going to just become dark friends under taim. Alas, as with many other things, there is a failure to communicate.

This is a great example of another one of the things that should be shared(communicated) but isn’t. Rand should have sent emissaries or gone himself to tell every nation/ruling body about the cleansing. Because right now, many of them probably don’t know that the taint is cleansed so they’ll just go about their business and even if they have heard that it’s cleansed, they probably don’t believe it. If this were spread correctly by Rand, he could be gathering more male channelers and hopefully find some that aren’t going to just become dark friends under taim. Alas, as with many other things, there is a failure to communicate.

I don't think Rand could have done much in that direction. In the Westland the only ones who can make such a statement and have any hope to be believed are the Aes Sedai and they are still unsure themselves what to do about male channellers.

Besides it's not as if a change in the acceptance of male channellers would do much good in time for TG. Afterwards sure, but Rand doesn't really care much about after, his focus is on the Last Battle. The male channellers will have to look after themselves.

He already told Harina to stop killing the Seafolk male channelers but the only way to find any would be to send an Asha'man to every ship and island to test them. There is nothing Rand can do about the Seanchan or Shara male channelers yet. The Aes Sedai have started to believe the taint is gone, probably because of Narishma and Merise's appearance at the rebel Hall and Egwene saying straight out that reports claim the taint is gone. The Aiel probably know by now that the taint is gone but none have been tested yet which kinda bothers me.

He already told Harina to stop killing the Seafolk male channelers but the only way to find any would be to send an Asha'man to every ship and island to test them. There is nothing Rand can do about the Seanchan or Shara male channelers yet. The Aes Sedai have started to believe the taint is gone, probably because of Narishma and Merise's appearance at the rebel Hall and Egwene saying straight out that reports claim the taint is gone. The Aiel probably know by now that the taint is gone but none have been tested yet which kinda bothers me.

Didn't he mention it to the Aiel as well? Or at least we have a POV of him saying to himself that he will tell the Wise Ones.

Yes both the Aiel and Seafolk have been informed, but it only affects sparkers, so the numbers are small. There has not been any active recruiting in either society that we know of. Pity. Testing of the Aiel would be fairly easy and could double the number of AS pretty quickly. Presumably they would be loyal to Rand as well.

Yes both the Aiel and Seafolk have been informed, but it only affects sparkers, so the numbers are small. There has not been any active recruiting in either society that we know of. Pity. Testing of the Aiel would be fairly easy and could double the number of AS pretty quickly. Presumably they would be loyal to Rand as well.

I wouldn't say easy, I doubt the Aiel would be overly excited about that kind of deal, since in effect they would have to abandon their sects, clans, etc to train. The Aiel will gradually develop somethign similar to the WO's I think, but it has to evolve on its own or else it will be disastrous

I wouldn't say easy, I doubt the Aiel would be overly excited about that kind of deal, since in effect they would have to abandon their sects, clans, etc to train. The Aiel will gradually develop somethign similar to the WO's I think, but it has to evolve on its own or else it will be disastrous

Testing them would be easy (which is what I meant). Getting them to join could prove problematic, but I still think many would take up the challenge in order to fight the DO.

Like the Spears of the Dragon, Aiel male channelers could form a society that directly follows the Dragon; and later on work with the Wise Ones to increase the power of the Aiel. The Wise Ones would cease to be an exclusive female club. Wise Ones would be both male and female channelers working together. The Aiel seem to be pragmatic enough to take that step and change their structure.

Well the Aiel need to completely rethink their society. If they go back to the 3x land then warrior channellers would quickly become a dominant force and destroy the culture anyway, which is why all channellers are Wise Ones (sparkers atleast, learners may be out there untapped).

If they stay in Randland, then ji'e'toh needs to be rethought because the primary method for most of society to gain ji is through fighting other clans, which won't be happening in the wetlands. I think a society for channelers is probably the way they will go and the aiel will be peacekeepers after the LB, but since the evidence seems to be that they don't like being peacekeepers at all I may be wrong.

The Aiel even said that they can't go back to the Three-fold land because they went there because of toh and serving the Dragon meets that toh. And it has been mentioned several times that once toh has been met, it is forgotten. The first sentence isn't exact but it is all I could remember and along those lines

I think all channelers are made into Wise Ones as a defense mechinism. Something has to stop channelers to use their great power to disrupt life as they know it and carve out a kingdom. Thus, make them a wise one and have them work for their people. Give them something to do.

Something similiar would work with the men.

All in all, an Aiel channeler would be a scary thing.

I don't know why people are thinking aiel men who can channel would be wise ones. Not all wise ones can channel, so how would a male with that ability suddenly gain entrence? That and it is for women only.

We see the Village Councils made up of men who are regarded well by all, and there is the Women's Circle to balance it and handle other affairs. The same thing eventually happens with the Aes Sedai and the Hall of the Servants but it will take a few Ages to come about again, then the decline, and trolloc wars all over again, the taint...

Archived