DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistaken Identity: Bela

I know a lot of you joke about Bela being The Creator. That's great and all, but it's time you get serious for a moment.

...because it's no joke. I appreciate that there are some of you who realize this and are not joking, because it is so obvious. RJ has clearly shown us in the past that Bela is The Creator. Let's take a look.

Example one: From Lord of Chaos Chapter 34

Villages and towns appeared and vanished in a blur' date=' great cities - one she thought sure was Caemlyn, walls silvery white in the night - and once, in forested hills, the head and shoulders of a huge statue rearing out of the earth, a remnant of a land lost in history, appearing so suddenly at Bela's side with a weathered grimace that Egwene nearly screamed, only it was gone before she could.[/quote']

Now do you see what I see?

It's so obvious that RJ meant this as a subtle hint, but when you look at the wording here, we see some clues that Bela is The Creator. Look:

Villages and towns appeared and vanished in a blur' date=' great cities - one she thought sure was Caemlyn, walls silvery white in the night - and once, in forested hills, the head and shoulders of a huge statue rearing out of the earth, a remnant of a land lost in history, appearing so suddenly at Bela's side with a weathered grimace that Egwene nearly screamed, only it was gone before she could.

Is it a coincidence that you can find the word "Creator" spelled in the same sentence as Bela's name, probably multiple times (but that one there stood out the most obvious to me)? I think not.

And obviously Bela's appearance by the statue is a sign that Bela is The Creator, because as we can see, Egwene screams at the sight of it, but Bela is not deterred in the slightest. Bela knew it was there, and only The Creator could have known that.

Now brace yourselves. If you have your copy of LoC available, I would definitely recommend turning to Ch 34 and on the same page, you'll find this.

Example 2:

"You did run like the wind," [Egwene] murmured, hugging Bela a last time. "I wish I could take you with me." A useless fancy, of course. What was made in Tel'aran'rhiod could exist only there. This was not really Bela, after all; this was The Creator.

I know, I was surprised too when I read that. You might have to re-read it a couple times before you see it, because it may look like, in your book, the next words after "after all." are "Even so, she felt a twinge of regret...", but if you're seeing that then you're just not looking hard enough at the fine print.

Ok, neigh we are not finished yet. If that impressed you, then you better make sure you're sitting for this one (and honestly, who would be reading this forum standing up anyways?), because this is the most obvious example of RJ's subtlety concerning the true identity of Bela.

Example 3: also from LoC Ch 34 (same paragraph)

Even so, she felt a twinge of regret as she turned her back - she would not stop imagining Bela, let her exist as long as she could - and wove her shimmering certain of Spirit. I am the Creator. Head high, she stepped through, ready to face what came with her Aiel heart.

Oh RJ you sly fox you. You see how that was put in there. I made it look larger than it appears in the text, because when you look at it in the book it's actually like size 2 font...but it's obviously not Egwene's thought because she's not The Creator, and the only other being there is Bela, who we could tell was amused by the fact that Egwene thought she didn't exist in TAR. Because Bela exists everywhere.

So there you have it. There is no refuting this evidence.

I don't think there is a way to disprove it. Other than Lan and Moraine's horses, Bela is the only horse to still be alive after leaving the Two Rivers and Bela just happened to belong to the Dragon Reborn and then the future Amyrlin and then the deposed Amyrlin. Coincidence? Unlikely.

Has the DO's presense and Bela ever been "on screen" at the same time? Nope. Hmmmm.

Bela has never been "on screen" at the same time with the DO

Bela has never been "on screen" at the same time with the Creator

Bela is the DO and the Creator. :whitecloak::seanchan:

but Narg is dead. What about Mat's horse, Pips. It has been mentioned that Mat has the Dark One's luck. What if he is actually riding the Dark One. The whole Wheel of Time is an epic battle between Bela (Creator) and Pips (The Dark One)

but Narg is dead. What about Mat's horse, Pips. It has been mentioned that Mat has the Dark One's luck. What if he is actually riding the Dark One. The whole Wheel of Time is an epic battle between Bela (Creator) and Pips (The Dark One)

Awesome, epic battle between a mare and a gelding! The DO doesn't have the tools necessary for that battle; and therein lies the reason why the DO will never win!

• 1 year later...

As far as I recall, all text in any book is the same font size; never any differing font sizes in the same copy of any book.  Only time font sizes differ is in the different formats.

Also; from skimming through Memory of Light, Bela dies.

Archived