DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Lanfear abandon the shadow ?

Treebeard

I have wondered if /how/ when Lanfear will abandon shadow , I searched this forum after a thread discussing it but I didn't so here goes : do you think she will convert ? why ( or why not) and if she dose how will she escape her oath

personalty my card is that she will escape the shadow with the help of Rand ( and helps Nyn resurrect him if the Tar-resurrection theory is correct). Why do I think this , well the last episode in ToM and a episode in WH made quite clear that she loathe the situation she is in ( mindtrapped by Moridin and tormented by some unknown being. And also she may feel responsible for the opening of the Bore and decides to help to close it.I believe the " conversion" will occur in the end of the first third.

Well, the oath is really no problem. Rand can just cut her off from the DO. Hmm, as a sidenote does anyone know whether a similar weave might work on the bindings of the oathrod?

Back on topic, yes I think Lanfear will abandon the DO. As the one who originally created the Bore she is the one who can give Rand the necessary information to close it. But just like Asmo she'll live on borrowed time. The Shadow will take its revenge on her, but this way she'll atleast die doing good.

Recent thread that covers it...

http://www.dragonmou...ierin-eronaile/

okej i sent a PM to Luckers and asked if there was any thread that cover the topic and this is the answer

i got It's been discussed, though nothing specific ever came of it. But feel free to create a new thread on it. :

so i assumed that there was nothing substantially on it. Thanks for bringing it to attention

Well, the oath is really no problem. Rand can just cut her off from the DO. Hmm, as a sidenote does anyone know whether a similar weave might work on the bindings of the oathrod?

Back on topic, yes I think Lanfear will abandon the DO. As the one who originally created the Bore she is the one who can give Rand the necessary information to close it. But just like Asmo she'll live on borrowed time. The Shadow will take its revenge on her, but this way she'll atleast die doing good.

If she does any good it will only be to save her own skin. We have been hammered over the head with her true nature. There is not the slightest chance she does it for redemption. Now revenge and possible perceived future power, I could maybe see that. As for the "die doing good", I'll let RJ handle that...

RJ

And Lanfear holding back and doing good for Rand's sake? Ha! She was psychically fixed on possessing a man who never loved her. Even with that, her desire for Rand was as much a desire for power as for him. To be the one to deliver the Dragon Reborn to the service of the Shadow; that would set her above the other Forsaken. And learning that the access ter'angreal for the two huge sa'angreal were still in existence....Sure, she wanted his love—not least because it had been denied her; Lanfear was a woman who claimed a right to anything she wanted—wanted his devotion, but even more than his body, Lanfear wanted power, the power possibly to replace the Dark One, even to replace the Creator. For Rand's sake? Not a chance.

Recent thread that covers it...

http://www.dragonmou...ierin-eronaile/

okej i sent a PM to Luckers and asked if there was any thread that cover the topic and this is the answer

i got It's been discussed, though nothing specific ever came of it. But feel free to create a new thread on it. :

so i assumed that there was nothing substantially on it. Thanks for bringing it to attention

No worries mate, was just pointing you in a direction so you could see different opinions. If you search Lanfear and keep scrolling down you will find a few different ones covering the topic.

If she does any good it will only be to save her own skin. We have been hammered over the head with her true nature. There is not the slightest chance she does it for redemption. Now revenge and possible perceived future power, I could maybe see that. As for the "die doing good", I'll let RJ handle that...

RJ

And Lanfear holding back and doing good for Rand's sake? Ha! She was psychically fixed on possessing a man who never loved her. Even with that, her desire for Rand was as much a desire for power as for him. To be the one to deliver the Dragon Reborn to the service of the Shadow; that would set her above the other Forsaken. And learning that the access ter'angreal for the two huge sa'angreal were still in existence....Sure, she wanted his love—not least because it had been denied her; Lanfear was a woman who claimed a right to anything she wanted—wanted his devotion, but even more than his body, Lanfear wanted power, the power possibly to replace the Dark One, even to replace the Creator. For Rand's sake? Not a chance.

I agree, which is why I only talked about her abandoning the Shadow and not about her returning to the Light.

RJ

I agree, which is why I only talked about her abandoning the Shadow and not about her returning to the Light.

Sorry, misconstrued the "doing good" part...

Archived