DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What if the Great Lord is a woman?

Hey - what if the Dark one or the great lord is female? Does Jesus Rand have the "no kill woman" edict still in place?

Maybe he doesnt have to kill her, but still Rand, Mat, etc dont like fighting women. Or is this just a dumb thought?

The Dark One is apparently genderless - calling Shai'tan "he" is a term of convenience. The Dark One is not a human - "he" is not even a corporeal being, so far as we know.

Also, Rand has apparently moved on from his "I can't kill a woman, anywhere, ever" stance. (see Semirhage, and Natrin's Barrow)

Finally, Rand will not be killing the Dark One. I'm not even sure that "death" has a real meaning for that sort of transcendent being. I imagine that killing the Dark One would be like trying to obliterate the Laws of Thermodynamics - a silly and pointless proposition.

Hey - what if the Dark one or the great lord is female? Does Jesus Rand have the "no kill woman" edict still in place?

Maybe he doesnt have to kill her, but still Rand, Mat, etc dont like fighting women. Or is this just a dumb thought?

The Dark One is apparently genderless - calling Shai'tan "he" is a term of convenience. The Dark One is not a human - "he" is not even a corporeal being, so far as we know.

Also, Rand has apparently moved on from his "I can't kill a woman, anywhere, ever" stance. (see Semirhage, and Natrin's Barrow)

Finally, Rand will not be killing the Dark One. I'm not even sure that "death" has a real meaning for that sort of transcendent being. I imagine that killing the Dark One would be like trying to obliterate the Laws of Thermodynamics - a silly and pointless proposition.

Darth Rand was the one that blasted Natrin's Barrow. What do we know of Jesus Rand? I thought he was supposed to be different from the Natrins Barrow Rand.

I was thinking - if the last battle is fought with the Great Lord and Rand in his head - the Great Lord just has to take a form of a woman and Rand will feel hesitant about any type of "killing blow" (sealing them up.) since he has a weakness for females.

But really in real life - the Chosen are aware of his weakness for women, or at least pre Darth Rands weakness. So I would think the Great One would challenge him that way - in a sense.

Do you think the Dark One will stand and glare at Rand with her hands on her hips, showing ample bosom?

I do think mike has a valid point here. I think that the DO IS doing it, just in a different way. He is using Lanfear to prey on his weakness for women.

I don't think that killing women is a problem for him, having his epiphany. I doubt he regrets the loss of Semirhage and Graendal and he would most likely be fine with killing women if it requires. I mean, he probably still has a weakness in this regards, he won't do it unless he has another option, but I think he would be far less hesitant now.

But yeah, gender doesn't apply to the DO, I think a part of why it has been described as a "he" is because of the DO's nature and attributes. The DO probably uses certain human characteristics to its advantage. The huge, booming voice that brings people to their knees would seem to humans a very male attribute. On the surface, the DO just seems to be male, so people have adopted it.

And yeah, Rand won't kill the Dark One. True, it isn't confirmed, so technically there is a possibility, but realistically, it isn't going to happen. It is impossible for a mortal, I will be very, very surprised and very disappointed if the DO dies somehow. Most likely the DO will be sealed away again. Rand wouldn't have a problem with sealing away a woman.

DO: "RAND AL'THOR"- sniff- "YOU SHOULDN'T BE OFF YOUR MOTHER'S APRON STRINGS."- glare- "THE WOMEN'S CIRCLE WILL HEAR OF THIS!"- braid pull-

I now see the great lord (lady) of the dark in a whole new light... though to be really terrifying she would have to cross her arms under her breast and raise her chin

Archived