DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which long-awaited scenes do you suspect are most likely to have to be unfortunately cut from AMOL?

This isn't another thread asking which long-anticipated scenes you want to see in the final book - its kind of the opposite. There is still SO MUCH foreshadowed throughout the series that we haven't seen happen yet, and we have RUN OUT OF TIME. This is the LAST book and its not going to be 2,000 pages. Lets face reality. Some of RJs plans will be, sadly, sacrificed. My question is:

Of all the important/dominant/long-time wanted to see by fans storyliness or scenes, which ones do you think, realistically, are looking like they will probably have to be the most likely to have to be sacrificed from the last book in AMOL?

Fish

I really want to see a reunion of the original party that set out from the TR. Mo, Rand, Mat, Perrin, Lan, Ny, Eggy, and Thom. But I don't think we'll see that as they'll all be too busy with their own things.

Haha, can always count on you Fish.

This is possibly the strangest question I have seen for a while.

I am not sure if it will be cut, but some things I suspect wont be revealed, cut or otherwise, that I would like to see:

- Moiraine/Lan reunion. I don't think there will be a proper one, it will be more like. "Oh, hey." *screen fades like in games* "...So that's what I have been up to since you left."

- Lan/Isam confrontation. Not necessarily a big battle, just Lan and Isam knowing about the other. Lan doesn't even know he is alive. It would be interesting to see.

- Rand giving a little history lesson to his friends. All the EotW Gang (minus Lan, since he is otherwise occupied) listening to Rand give a bit of an abridged history of the War of Power, to help them better understand things. Doubt it will happen, or if it does, it won't be put onscreen, or it will be cut.

- Match Day Forsaken meeting. A serious meeting about the Last Battle and serious tactics being discussed, not the jumpy meetings they have had in the past where they all dance around each other trying to get the upper hand. I suppose it wont be put in if it is written, the plans will likely just be carried out. I would have liked to have seen it anyway.

- Match Day Forsaken meeting. A serious meeting about the Last Battle and serious tactics being discussed, not the jumpy meetings they have had in the past where they all dance around each other trying to get the upper hand. I suppose it wont be put in if it is written, the plans will likely just be carried out. I would have liked to have seen it anyway.

Couldnt agree more. Id even go a step further and say if I had my way the Forsaken would be used as foils to the main character arcs. Forget all the trashy PoVs like Androl, and Gawyn, and TUON, go with the Forsaken instead, and have their PoVs contrast the mains. Rand thinks one thing, Moridin thinks the opposite, Demandred thinks f*** both of those guys.

One thing I doubt will happen now is any of the Forsaken finding out Moridin and Rand are connected. It was going to be Graendal, Im convinced, and it would have made for an awesome side plot for the Forsaken particularly if she tipped Demandred off. Hell, it could easily have been a main theme for a full book by itself, the knowledge of their connection leaking out on both sides...

But I doubt it'll happen now.

I don't care about the small things like family gatherings....but as long as we've all waited for the end, they better finish every important arc of the series. If there is to be no more Wheel of Time after this book, and the years we've all waited in anticipation and frustration for the "Grand Finale", they better not leave anything out even if it takes the last 200 pages of the book......

No, but seriously, it would really suck for them not to wrap it all up completely and to everyone's satisfaction. I understand they probably can't do it all, that's why they can leave out the small stuff.

The long awaited reuinion of Egeanin/Domon and Floran Gelb? Seeing the new inn Master Fitch built in Baerlon after the Stag and Lion was burned down? I don't know how minor something has to be to be too minor for inclusion.

We were told there were 50k words of 'Pevara being badass' that didn't make it, or something like that...

Hmm... where have I heard 'stag and lion' before? I seriously thought about that for the first time right now. Must be a coincidence.

All the "new" inventions from Rand's school: the steam engine, and other stuff I can't recall.

I'm thinking the reason for Herid Fel's assassination should be expanded/revealed, but it will be glossed over as the revelation of what he was supposed to tell Rand will probably be obvious once the last battle starts.

All the "new" inventions from Rand's school: the steam engine, and other stuff I can't recall.

I'm thinking the reason for Herid Fel's assassination should be expanded/revealed, but it will be glossed over as the revelation of what he was supposed to tell Rand will probably be obvious once the last battle starts.

Yeah, that was a plot line I enjoyed and wanted to see expanded.

We were told there were 50k words of 'Pevara being badass' that didn't make it, or something like that...

Brandon stated that he did actually manage to fit it in. Part went into TofM, part aMoL

My main scene that I don't think we'll see is Wise One damane. I've been waiting to see this since KoD, and I doubt it will be shown in any meaningful manner.

I think the scene where Bela turns out to be the Creator will be cut

It hasn't been cut. In fact, if you've been reading the series, you'll know it's already been revealed. RJ just makes us rely on context clues rather than coming straight out and saying it. It's like Mat killing Couladin off-screen. Just as that was indirectly occurring, so too is Bela's role as the Creator indirectly mentioned.

I've been wondering about the Wise One who were collared. I would like to see it from a Tuon POV trying to break a Wise One but failing completely.

Fortuona: You will be a good damane!

Wise One: Bahahaha. Seriously though, Imma cut you.

What's disturbing is this was once planned. - however naively. - as ONE book and now, in THREE books they cant still fit it all in :(

Very poor management Imo.

Fish

I think a lot of things probably spun out of RJ's and Brandon's grasp. RJ got very ill, that obviously affected the writing of the books. Who knows what was planned originally? My hope is that eventually they put out books, like they did with Tolkien's, that have RJ's notes in them with explanations.

The scene where Rand sits everyone down and says, "We have to trust each other. This ridiculous, counterproductive scheming by people who are all on the same side in the face of quite literally the end of the world is the stupidest possible way things could be handled. It's like some crappy sitcom plot dependent on idiot characters but masquerading as 'dramatic irony.' But this isn't a story, this is Tarmon Gai'don. Everyone lay your cards on the table, and let's figure this out together. But at the end of the day, realize I'm the Dragon Reborn, you're not, and none of you knows better than I how to be the Dragon Reborn. I'll call the plays, we'll all execute them, we'll win, and most of us will probably survive. Go, team Good Guys."

Considering that in ToM, Rand had one POV and Egwene had 13, I really hope a few of her scenes are cut.

I'm actually really hoping for a book WITHOUT a scene of Min telling the sheepherder how much she cares for him. However I am fairly certain there will be at least two or three of them.

Well that probably wasn't the point of this discussion, but to get back on track - I think the scene

1. where Rand tells Elayne that she took too damn long securing both Thrones will be cut out.

2. explaining what is the point of Shara.

oh...maybe no one was wanting those scenes besides me?

Archived