DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey everyone!

Leafy

I'm a girl who has been hooked on the Wheel of Time series ever since I read New Spring, and then made my way through the other eleven books released at that time and waiting with bated breath for The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight, and of course, A Memory of Light.

A little about me: I'm fairly young by the standards of the people who have been following the series from its start, and even for a time thought myself the youngest, but I've come to realize there are others like me, and it's actually rather comforting to know I'm not alone :blush:. I love reading (though I've never been as into a series to the point that I will reread and reread it like WOT), though I prefer Sc-Fi to any other genre, and I do enjoy creative writing, though I do not consider myself particularly good at it.

That's all I can think of to say about myself at the moment, but I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Well Leafy, Welcome to DM!!! I'm Katiora, aka Kat, Kati, maker of mischief, etc... Very nice to meet you!!! I hope you have an awesome time here! As you have probably seen there are many aspects to our site depending on what you want to be involved in. There are the general chatty boards, the social boards and the RP boards. Honestly I only know about the Social boards, and I do hope you come visit me there! I am a member of the Wolfkin, Band of the Red Hand, and the White Tower and I hope you come check them all out!!

On another note, What Sci-fi books have you read?? I was a HUGE Star Wars fan growing up. I have also read a good many of Orson Scott Card's books. But I'm mostly a Fantasy type person.....

Welcome. Well, I am not so young and wished I found the series in 1995. I found the series about a year or so ago with the help of a friend. I loaned my "Eye of the World" to a co- worker and now she is hooked!

First off, I’d like to thank you all for the warm welcomes! It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! Next, I apologize profusely for the lateness of this; I’ve had computer problems lately and the network in my house has been down, leaving me with no internet access. I will be getting it all sorted out shortly, so please bear with me!

Katioria: I will definitely make sure to thoroughly explore the Social section of the forums. How many Social Groups can you be a member of?

As for books that I’ve read, I also am an extreme Star Wars fan, and though I’ve only ever seen the movies, I’m almost thinking I would like to try reading the books. I am a little bit of a Star Trek fan as well, though not as much as Star Wars, and unlike the former, I have read some of the books. I too read Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game, as well as Frank Herbert’s Dune, which are the notable ones that I remember, though I read a lot of stand-alone novels, the titles of which I can not remember.

Tynaal: That’s comforting to know, but just to warn you, I consider myself a pretty crazy fan. My whole family makes fun of me for it, actually.

I was searching for something on Google, and it linked me to DM. After reading whatever the topic was, I took a look around the forums, and liked what I saw. So I kept coming back, and eventually decided to join the community. :)

Ryrin: Nice! I keep trying to get my mom to read the series, but she refuses to read them, preferring to listen to them instead, and she wants to start on the prequel. However, whenever I ask her, she keeps telling me she has something else lined up after she finishes whatever she was currently listening to. I have every intention to make her listen to it, though!

Archived