DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand channelling the True Power questions

NitroS

I was reading through old Q/A's and found a question regarding channeling the true power.

3. Why couldn't Moghedien escape the leash with the TP?

I'm just going to quote the whole response to this:

"the a'dam would perceive *any*[emphasis mine] power use and treat it accordingly"

I don't know about you, but this seems to support the idea that one must be able to channel the OP in order to use the TP.

So does it just mean the male domination band is different to the female one and allows true power also another quote is

1. What was the deal with that sentence concerning TP detectability? His answer was that the True Power is only detectable by the "single person" wielding it, and it cannot be seen by others, as the OP can.

Did semirhage just assume he was using the true power because he was channelling? since she cant detect it.

Sorry if this has been answered before.

I was reading through old Q/A's and found a question regarding channeling the true power.

"the a'dam would perceive *any*[emphasis mine] power use and treat it accordingly"

I don't know about you, but this seems to support the idea that one must be able to channel the OP in order to use the TP.

So does it just mean the male domination band is different to the female one and allows true power also another quote is

1. What was the deal with that sentence concerning TP detectability? His answer was that the True Power is only detectable by the "single person" wielding it, and it cannot be seen by others, as the OP can.

Did semirhage just assume he was using the true power because he was channelling? since she cant detect it.

The domination band has a number of documented differences from the a'dam. AS for Semi yes when she realized he was channeling and how escaped she jumped to that conclusion. She believed since the DO's had a desire to corrupt, Rand was granted the ability.

The domination band is definitely different, but there's also the strong likelyhood (though not confirmed) that a'dams and the Domination band only work against the OP, not the TP. Semmy couldn't have possibly known Rand would be given access to the TP. However, there are instances where the Forsaken can sense the TP being channeled by others early on, until Moridin was named Nae'blis and given exclusive rights. (except Rand)

As far as using the TP requiring being able to channel the OP, I'd say that's probably accurate. RJ never specifies that I know of, but I don't really think he'd have felt he needed to. Only select few are granted that ability from the DO, and the highest among his servants being The Chosen, all channelers. I personally believe the ability of a person to connect to the True Source and channel the OP is the same faucet the TP requires to work. (i.e., if you burn out your ability to channel the OP, I believe you'd lose ability to use the TP as well)

Archived