DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Dragon's Conditions

So we know already Rand will demand "The Dragon's Peace" of Randland/Seanchan in exchange for his life in Tarmon Gaidon....

Just wondering what everyone thinks his other conditions (if any) will be. Also who will agree to it, or will everyone? And how will he make them agree to his terms?

Really curious to hear peoples theories on this.

I'm really hoping he doesn't demand The Dragon's Peace.

Firstly, I believe that anything being Viewed past The Last Battle is highly subject to change (due to the nature of fighting The Dark One, and likely using a lot of balefire).

Secondly, even if I'm flat out wrong about my "firstly", I don't care I'm ignoring reason because I refuse to believe that Aviendha's own children would lose so much ji, so very, very quickly.

Thirdly, I really believe the Seanchan need a good smack on the head. Their culture is messed up. In every way. Ever.

Firstly, I believe that anything being Viewed past The Last Battle is highly subject to change (due to the nature of fighting The Dark One, and likely using a lot of balefire).

Secondly, even if I'm flat out wrong about my "firstly", I don't care I'm ignoring reason because I refuse to believe that Aviendha's own children would lose so much ji, so very, very quickly.

Thirdly, I really believe the Seanchan need a good smack on the head. Their culture is messed up. In every way. Ever.

I agree the Dragons Peace would be catastrophic for the Aiel, and seems to be what allows the Seanchan to swallow everything. I still think he will make his demands though, but maybe Avi can stop him. He def wants a price to be paid for his life.... That seems to be the whole point of Field of Merrilor.

I agree the Dragons Peace would be catastrophic for the Aiel, and seems to be what allows the Seanchan to swallow everything. I still think he will make his demands though, but maybe Avi can stop him. He def wants a price to be paid for his life.... That seems to be the whole point of Field of Merrilor.

I think after Aviendha's vision of the future, her part in the last book is to stop him or change the dragon's peace. Something along those lines.

This isn't so complex folks. The Dragon's peace of Aviendha's vision included all but the Aiel. Aviendha will do what she can to make certain the Aiel join the compact.

Yes that is obvious, the question this thread is posing is not only who will/wont agree to his terms, but what will he demand other then the Dragons Peace, which we already know about.

This isn't so complex folks. The Dragon's peace of Aviendha's vision included all but the Aiel. Aviendha will do what she can to make certain the Aiel join the compact.

It's not so easy. Even if the Aiel are incorporated into the Dragon's Peace we've seen nothing to suggest that said compact involves the Seanchan releasing any of their captured damane. The Seanchan will still have their collared Wise Ones and a great part of the motive to war against the Seanchan will remain. The Aiel slowly turned away from the Way of the Leaf in the face of great injustice and I believe they'd eventually turn away from the Dragon's Peace as well.

I'm not sure but in response I think the Dragon's Peace Agreement will come after TG and that Rand is not the instigator of it. Rather that it is in honour of his memory, maybe instigated by Perrin and only a few sign up. Remnant of a remnant?

I doubt it, I see it more as what Avi's second collumn trip said

paraphrased: after putting aside the feuds for so long, no one wanted to start them up again. (which was another reason the seanchan where so tempting)

I hope you are not serious. Sure you could not embrace it, but just because the other party is different doesn't mean they are messed up. The only way to prevent war is gradual change.

I hope you are not serious. Sure you could not embrace it, but just because the other party is different doesn't mean they are messed up. The only way to prevent war is gradual change.

actually I could see the Seanchan changing relatively fast, foreshadowed by the BWB when it said that Luthairs culture was changed as much as the enemies by their interactions. So this sets a precedent, not to mention that they are in a land where channellers are free.

I think Mat will use his role as Prince of the Ravens to bring the Seanchan to heel. Mat is probably the only Randlander who can get Tuon to listen. Remember, most Seanchan think trollocs, mydraal, and the Last Battle are fairy tales. That has begun to change a bit with the skirmish near Ebou Dar, but when the trolloc floodgates open, I think the Seanchan will come around.

I think Avi will lead the Aiel back to the Way of the Leaf. One of the theme's of her trip to the Waste was, "What do you do with a people who know only how to wage war in a world of Peace?" It is disaster waiting to happen. So the only solution is to refashion the remaining Aiel back to the peace loving servants that they were in the AoL.

I think Mat will use his role as Prince of the Ravens to bring the Seanchan to heel. Mat is probably the only Randlander who can get Tuon to listen. Remember, most Seanchan think trollocs, mydraal, and the Last Battle are fairy tales. That has begun to change a bit with the skirmish near Ebou Dar, but when the trolloc floodgates open, I think the Seanchan will come around.

I think Avi will lead the Aiel back to the Way of the Leaf. One of the theme's of her trip to the Waste was, "What do you do with a people who know only how to wage war in a world of Peace?" It is disaster waiting to happen. So the only solution is to refashion the remaining Aiel back to the peace loving servants that they were in the AoL.

Unfortunately i think you may be right. I think most of the Aiel wont make it past the last battle honestly. But the ones who do must adapt to being a lesser force and embrace peace, or be swallowed by the Seanchan. I hoped somehow the Aiel would decide its better to die with honor then become what Avi saw, and launch themselves at the coming invasion kamikaze style.

I also am hoping - given Avi's revelation regarding her second trip thru the columns - that all the Aiel become polarized and embrace being sis'wai aman (the dragon's spear) and become disposable heros.

Perhaps the majority of the Aiel who do make it past the LB will be the Gaishan. And we know that some (a remnant of a remnant?) already refuse to put off the white when their year and a day are up. Maybe that is the foundation of returning to the way of the leaf and all out servitude, embracing peace as Matrin Bloody Cauthon said above.

Archived