DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

Gaaaah I wrote up a long post then clicked it away as my dad wanted the puter >.<

In short then...so I'm getting a towny read off BB and Raena too now.

I agree with the possibility/and am troubled by the thought that Ironeyes could be the GF. I don't think he's been silenced, in another game he just said his internet was down for a few days. But I'm looking forward to his post here once he's caught up, to see what he has to say..

Tamerya hasn't checked in for a WHILE and therefore strong FoS too. If the theory that they aren't in fact masons is true, then up till now they'd have been nicely comfy off just chillaxing while we thought they were vetter >:(

Now Kat still seems scummy to me. Her defence didn't convince me, and I'd say what has been said already outweighs the innocencey feeling.

Honestly if you need proof i'll reveal my character. It's a pretty important one, although still vanilla, and then you can just see if anyone counter claims me.. at least then after you lynch me, if someone counter claims, you will know ONE mafia... *rolls eyes* I'd really rather not claim though since they have a bad running record of being deaded when the next day comes around.

Weird to point this whole "if someone counterclaims" thing out. A bit overdefensive?

Besides, we've had rather book-un-important characters already, there are surely a good few main characters who won't be among those of us left. Mafia given a believeable fake claim and therefore confident?

One thing that is pinging me right now, and it could just be bad luck, but..... The fact that Nyanna has been unable to get a view on someone since night one... that's just... fishy... I mean what are the chances... And the first night she just happens to view someone suspicious that just happens to turn out to be a Mason, not that I doubt that there are masons... very possible.. I could totally see fred and george being a mason group, BUT... it's just... a big coincidence. She gets them the first night and then the next night she views the person who is NK'd and then the next night she is blocked... just.... idk... And in the same post that she says he is TOWN she then says that he is mafia in cahoots with Tam and Ishy... very weird... idk...

Yeah I've been a dumb cop, or just real bad luck :/ Although it makes sense that I was roleblocked (probably) because I revealed so early >:(

And I've explained the reason for that bolded part before, but for your benefit: I was confusing still getting used to Marsh replacing Sunrise Lord! I saw the name Ironeyes and daftly regarded that separate to my result of Sunrise Lord who I'd viewed that night.

I find it strange that you choose to point this out now, then kinda let that train of thought drift off... no FoS, no vote, nada - trying to see if that idea snags someone else and they elaborate on it to distract from the suspicion on you?

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

i been here all day, but I posted twice and then no one responded...

No one responded 'cause you didn't tell us much. I waited after your first post because you said you didn't have time to do it. Then the next post says you have lots of things--"30 quotes"--to say, but you didn't say anything except you'll reveal yourself if you have to. I'm willing to listen, and to Tam and Marsh, too. But you have to say something of substance.

Exactly what can I say that will convince you I'm not mafia??? If you have it stuck in your head then very little besides you lynching me and me showing up as yet another vanilla town will convince most... I'm still trying to figure out what I've said that has been overly suspicious...

let me explain some of my comments now that I have a little time...

Starting from the top with Katiora (links to all of her posts during day 3, with a few quotes):

Katiora agreed with Razen re: weird choice of nightkill in wheeloftime13. She's basically saying exactly what Razen said. Fluff post. After some prodding from the mods, she says that she's posting but isn't one for posting needlessly as she finds that it leads to people lynching you over nothing.

She goes on to say that she's ignoring all claims unless she knows they are false (how would she know if they are false or not? and why ignore claims?), though agrees that Neil's claim seems weak. A bit of a contradiction here, wasn't she ignoring all the claims?

Goes on to explain why she doesn't go overboard with posting; says she's not inexperienced with mafia but hasn't played in a long time. So both experienced and inexperienced? Downplaying her skill level? Says she's not close to being on Mynd's level. In the same post, gets a bit defensive:

Nyanna I didn't accuse you and Ironeyes of anything... I was just making a point that ANYTHING is possible in a mafia game.. even in the same post, in the same PARAGRAPH i said how it was EXTREMELY unlikely... if you don't believe me go look it up.. I"m too dang lazy to do it this morning :rolleyes: Right now ya'll are acting like I'm calling you out.. I'm not.. until now you've given me no reason to suspect you, however you are starting to look more and more suspicious the way you and iron both jumped on my post about that... I mean what cop would go against you and say "no I'm the cop" right now?? is it really that far fetched?? Especially if the cop was an inexperienced mafia player...

Says we need to find scum.

Posts a list of all the players, their alignments and claimed roles, but doesn't give any indication of who she finds suspicious:

So, that leaves me Dice, Bard Babe, Mish, Mash (lol), Raena, Razen, and Basel. Out of those there are quite a few more inexperienced players, but out of those I can't come up with any that are OVERLY suspicious... *sighs* I need to quit being lazy and do a reread... lol

Pokes people because they're quiet.

States that she's getting confused with all the new people/replacements, it makes the game even more complicated for her. Again says she thinks wheeloftime13 was a weird nightkill.

Explains that cops can get false information. Bring up Mynd again.

Says again that she thinks wheeloftime13 was a weird choice for a nightkill.

Agrees with Basel on godfathers etc, brings up Mynd yet again.

Says she hasn't got a good vote, that we really need to get scum, but she'll vote Razen, but she's open to changing her vote. And that's her last post for Day 3.

bleh..... right now I don't have a good vote though!!!! *pouts* We can't afford to lynch another townie... We really need to get a mafia this time... though it's starting to get to be better and better odds... lol *sighs* I'm gonna vote Razen, but if another better vote comes along I will change it... Or if Razen can convince me otherwise.. which at this point wouldn't be overly hard...

My analysis:

She posts a lot, but her posts doesn't have much content. Did she once during day 3 express being suspicious of anyone in particular? Her comments are all general, they are game related, but she's not pointing out anything in particular. Likes to bring up Mynd and his games. I think she is trying to come off as both inexperienced and experienced at the same time, trying to downplay her skill level.

I think that she's making sure to post enough to not draw attention to herself for not posting a lot while at the same time making sure to not name any names so that she can't be connected to anyone.

She also brought up several times how she found the wheeloftime13 nightkill to be weird, but outside of a few people noticing it, nothing else happened. Meanwhile, Razen gets lynched for saying basically the same thing.

I think she is scum.

Katiora agreed with Razen re: weird choice of nightkill in wheeloftime13. She's basically saying exactly what Razen said. Fluff post. After some prodding from the mods, she says that she's posting but isn't one for posting needlessly as she finds that it leads to people lynching you over nothing.

you are now proving this point....

She goes on to say that she's ignoring all claims unless she knows they are false (how would she know if they are false or not? and why ignore claims?), though agrees that Neil's claim seems weak. A bit of a contradiction here, wasn't she ignoring all the claims?

I will know someone is false if they claim my role/person... that's about the only reason... I don't believe anyone else because I have NO way of knowing if ANYONE is telling the truth. I trust no one.. Right now I can't even trust Nyanna even though she's role claimed cop because there is NO evidence to any claims that anyone has made... why in the heck would i trust anyone?? why would you for that matter?? They only people at this point in the game that can trust each other are the mafia and IF there are masons then the masons. As to my "contradiction" when I said ignore I meant I wasn't granting them any creedence, not that I wouldn't read and comment on them.

Posts a list of all the players, their alignments and claimed roles, but doesn't give any indication of who she finds suspicious:

I'm still having problems finding anyone overly suspicious... heck no one is posting... how the heck are we supposed to figure ANYTHING out...

I think that she's making sure to post enough to not draw attention to herself for not posting a lot while at the same time making sure to not name any names so that she can't be connected to anyone.

This is what you do when you're NOT connected with anyone. I am vanilla town.. I can't be connected with anyone... ANYONE could be mafia and so if i connect with someone and agree with them too much, or disagree too much or look at them the wrong way people assume i'm in cahoots with them and there goes another townie when really it was all random.

She also brought up several times how she found the wheeloftime13 nightkill to be weird, but outside of a few people noticing it, nothing else happened. Meanwhile, Razen gets lynched for saying basically the same thing.

I don't believe that's why Razen was killed... and others commented on it was a peculiar choice of a night kill since WOT would have had a very good likelihood of being lynched if the cop, whether that be Nyanna or not, viewed them and proved they were town. Razen acted mildly scummy and people latched onto that because there was little to nothing else to latch onto. Which is obvious since you are latching onto yet another innocent and not mafia...

And Nyanna I'm not being overdefensive I'm being realistic... It is getting closer and closer to the point where there will be more mafia than town. We haven't gotten close to getting a mafia yet that we know of and we have no true leads besides gut feelings for the most part.

after reading over recent posts I have to say Mashiara... you ping me the most.. you are the most adamant about me.. about pushing blame on me... when it was you that got the no read by our supposed cop last night.... As to your post here:

I have also been suspicious of Kat. She kind of bandwagoned Razen about the new players being mafia. Which was even stranger considering how thin Razen's case was in the first place. She didn't seem to make much effort to attach herself to a townie that actually had a strong case to make. She hasn't come up with much that was original. So I will vote Kat.

Wait, what? You were the one who started to vote for Razen, and you were the one who came up with the case in the first place.

Basel, you did votefor Razen first. Followed by Mish. Then a rather flippant reasoning by Kat. I think it's the not having good reasons that stands out here. Also, the whole

*sighs* I need to quit being lazy and do a reread... lol

is what stands out to me. If you aren't looking closely at what everyone is saying, then you aren't looking for scum.

I voted razen because he had the most votes at the time. I didn't want to be a hammer vote, and I didn't want to risk not voting and it going random, because we already have lost one person with no coroner report... at least when we lynch someone we know who they are. My online time can be iffy because it's mostly at work and if a bad day comes when it gets crazy hectic I have no time to post.

as to my being lazy post... it didn't mean I hadn't been reading the posts... It meant I needed to go back to the beginning and relook at everything to try to see a pattern... It's actually pretty common, but something that I always hate doing... It's good to look and see who voted when and why.

• Community Administrator

How am I the most adament? I haven't even voted you. I agree that you've said some suspicious things, but I'm more than willing to listen to your reasoning. I wasn't the one who started jumping on you. I'm more suspicious of Tam and Marsh. And I'm suspicious of them because they aren't posting, which you didn't for a long time.

I'm starting to guess that we are going to have another random. We seem to be stuck between inactives and people who have talked a lot about who is scum, but can't seem to actually do anything about it by committing themselves to a vote. Should I cross my fingers yet that the random will hit scum?

Exactly what can I say that will convince you I'm not mafia??? If you have it stuck in your head then very little besides you lynching me and me showing up as yet another vanilla town will convince most... I'm still trying to figure out what I've said that has been overly suspicious...

It's what you haven't been saying. No pointing fingers at anyone, no suspicions, no gut feelings.

I'm still having problems finding anyone overly suspicious... heck no one is posting... how the heck are we supposed to figure ANYTHING out...

I think plenty of people have been posting. I have been posting a lot. I posted long posts on all the unclaimed players.

I don't believe that's why Razen was killed... and others commented on it was a peculiar choice of a night kill since WOT would have had a very good likelihood of being lynched if the cop, whether that be Nyanna or not, viewed them and proved they were town. Razen acted mildly scummy and people latched onto that because there was little to nothing else to latch onto. Which is obvious since you are latching onto yet another innocent and not mafia...

Basel started the train on Razen because of Razen's theory that the scum team are newbies and that that's why they killed wheeloftime13.

after reading over recent posts I have to say Mashiara... you ping me the most.. you are the most adamant about me.. about pushing blame on me... when it was you that got the no read by our supposed cop last night....

Like Mashiara said, she hasn't even voted you. If anyone is the most adamant about you, I'd say it would be me.

I voted razen because he had the most votes at the time. I didn't want to be a hammer vote, and I didn't want to risk not voting and it going random, because we already have lost one person with no coroner report... at least when we lynch someone we know who they are. My online time can be iffy because it's mostly at work and if a bad day comes when it gets crazy hectic I have no time to post.

Why didn't you want to be a hammer vote? Because you knew he'd flip town?

I'm not convinced. Vote Katiora. I think that's L-1.

I would have liked to hear from Ironeyes and Tamerya as well, but with the deadline looming and the fact that I'm going to have to sleep soon and probably won't make it back before deadline... Yeah.

How am I the most adament? I haven't even voted you. I agree that you've said some suspicious things, but I'm more than willing to listen to your reasoning. I wasn't the one who started jumping on you. I'm more suspicious of Tam and Marsh. And I'm suspicious of them because they aren't posting, which you didn't for a long time.

Vote Kat

Wow that was a fast change of heart. If Kat flips town now....

I have had nothing to say, I'm at the point where I'm just crazy confused over this entire game.. I don't have any strong suspicions about anyone and feel like I'm really missing something. Sadly, I agree most with what other people say, but I've seen what happens when you agree with other people..makes FoS on that person, so ... I've been quiet :P

We have 30 mins to lynch someone.. I need to go back and see what the current vote count is because I want to make sure I have a vote in this one.

It had been a good run, but in the end the Deatheaters proved to be too powerful. They convinced everyone to be suspicious of their friends and partners. After many evil eyes, the mob decided to turn on one of the bravest people left - Ginny. Her copper hair shone in the lights and her defiant spirit made her friends mistrust her. "How can she be so brave in times like this?" One asked. "It must be because she has the force of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named behind her," said another. Together they all converged.

Katiora, Ginny Weasley, town, vanilla has been lynched.

As a result of overwhelming numbers, the Deatheaters overcame the brave Hogwarts-ians and converted the school into a fortress for Lord Voldemort.

Tamerya, Fred Weasley, town, mason has been killed.

Ironeyes, George Weasley, town, mason, has been killed.

Nyanna, Sirius Black, town, Cop, has been killed.

Raena, Rubeus Hagrid, town, vanilla has been killed.

Congratulations Mafia!

Basel, Lord Voldemort, Godfather, Mafia has won the game!

Bard Babe, Lucius Malfoy, Silencer, Mafia has won the game!

Dicetosser 2.0, Bellatrix Lestrange, Roleblocker, Mafia has won the game!

Mashiara, Draco Malfoy, goon/vanilla, Mafia has won the game!

I hope everyone who played had a good time :).

1. Nyanna - Sirius, town cop

2. Katiora - Ginny, vanilla town

3. Dice 2.0 (replaced AH) - Bellatrix, mafia roleblocker

4. Niel - Flitwick, vanilla town

5. The Bard Babe (replaced Arez) - Mr. Malfoy, mafia silencer

6. Ironeyes (replaced Tamerya) - George, town mason

7. Misheru - Neville, town doc

8. Mashiara - Draco, mafia goon

9. Raena: Hagrid, vanilla town

10. Ishy - Professor Snape - Town Roleblocker

11. wheeloftime 13: Hermione, vanilla town

12. Razen, Professor Sprout, vanilla, town