DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I post when i can Raena which typically means at like 4am and after 7pm Oz time.

i voted Razen straight off because his comment pinged me. When i commented on the number of votes we were close to deadline and i too did not want the game to end like that.

I can agree with what people have laid out regarding Kat. Raena your post caught my attention in regards to her and as such i believe i have to vote for my Banded

vote katiora

I have also been suspicious of Kat. She kind of bandwagoned Razen about the new players being mafia. Which was even stranger considering how thin Razen's case was in the first place. She didn't seem to make much effort to attach herself to a townie that actually had a strong case to make. She hasn't come up with much that was original. So I will vote Kat.

Wait, what? You were the one who started to vote for Razen, and you were the one who came up with the case in the first place.

Basel immediately jumps Razen for his newbie scum team theory. Says he's suspicious of anyone who agrees with the newbie scum theory, mentions everyone who has talked about it.

So now suddenly the case he himself made against Razen is weak? Major FoS.

Raena, first off, you seem unclear on what I was talking about. You sound like you are under the impression that I'm saying my case on Razen was weak. I'm a bit lost on how you got there. That is so not where I was going. I was referring to the case that Razen was arguing as being thin. Kat seemed to be sheeping his case with her comments on the newbies-as-scum theory... and then she turned around and voted him. That's a pretty strange reversal IMO. In summary, Kat bandwagoned on Razen's theory, which didn't have much going for it, and then voted the person she was bandwagoning.

Secondly, why shouldn't I be suspicious of people thinking the scum team is all newbies? Razen wound up being town, but that doesn't clear everyone else on that list. Any experienced players who are scum would find that a great way to deflect attention from themselves, just by making the impression that scum has no experienced people. Newbies who actually are scum could find it a good way to deflect attention from their more experienced teammates.

Wow Raena O.O

Nice workings there XD

I'm still rereading but... I'm feeling really horrified about the possibility of Marsh being the GF now :meep: In that case it's been easy peasy work for our 'masons' to lay low after they've been comfortably vetted by the cop >.<

Raena, first off, you seem unclear on what I was talking about. You sound like you are under the impression that I'm saying my case on Razen was weak. I'm a bit lost on how you got there. That is so not where I was going. I was referring to the case that Razen was arguing as being thin. Kat seemed to be sheeping his case with her comments on the newbies-as-scum theory... and then she turned around and voted him. That's a pretty strange reversal IMO. In summary, Kat bandwagoned on Razen's theory, which didn't have much going for it, and then voted the person she was bandwagoning.

Secondly, why shouldn't I be suspicious of people thinking the scum team is all newbies? Razen wound up being town, but that doesn't clear everyone else on that list. Any experienced players who are scum would find that a great way to deflect attention from themselves, just by making the impression that scum has no experienced people. Newbies who actually are scum could find it a good way to deflect attention from their more experienced teammates.

Oh. Everything makes so much more sense now. I had no idea why you would say that your case on Razen was weak, but now I get what you were saying. My apologies! I guess trying to post things in the middle of the night isn't such a good strategy. :P

Ok, sir, you're less suspicious in my eyes right now.

• Community Administrator

On to the next person on the list, dicetosser:

His first post was made only yesterday, a few hours before deadline. Says posting has been hard. Says Nyanna's guts must be suffering from food poisoning still because her instincts are wrong, and that he inherited a case Gibbs' gut when "Razen jumped about being linked to raena". He votes Razen right off the bat.

Fluff post.

Points out how many votes Razen has, wonders how many are needed for a lynch.

Urges people to vote.

Fluff post (Gibbs slapping). Also his last post for day 3.

My analysis:

There's not a whole lot to go on here because he hasn't posted a lot. Valid excuse or no, it's easy for scum to hide by not being very active. Also he voted for Razen right off the bat, but at that point I think Razen had the most votes and it was close to the deadline, sooo...

Still suspicious of him, but not quite sure either way.

Dice's inactivity stands out to me. But when exactly did he replace Aiel Heart? He had probably 25+ pages to read through before making any sort of judgement call.

And the next person, The Bard Babe.

Complains that things happen while she is sleeping. Reason for not posting more is because no one is on when she is. Asks what a vig is. Also thought wheeloftime13 was a weird choice. Didn't think she was scum but was disinclined to trust the role claim. Was going to vote for Niel but he was modkilled.

Mafiawiki'd vigilante.

Wonders why Misheru would keep an eye on Tamerya, when Tamerya has been vetted as mason. Still has suspicions about Nyanna/Ironeyes/Tamerya. Mentions that Volke could have been cop. Brings up the post where Nyanna was seemingly contradicting herself, which she later said was because she got the names mixed up. FoS at me. Says she's not too proud to bandwagon for either Katiora or Razen.

Agrees with both Basel and Razen re: Hermione flipping vanilla, and wheeloftime13 being a weird choice for the nightkill.

Is confused by godfathers and millers.

Agrees with Mashiara that any claims are suspicious. Also mentions quiet players. Suspicious of me, dicetosser, Razen. Increased gut feeling about Misheru. Says she will elaborate on Misheru.

Says that her biggest suspects are Misheru and Razen, "but for the sake of voting due to deadline" she decides to go with her gut feeling of Misheru. Misheru's claim "felt dodge" to her, and Misheru's defense of "whoever it was (Razen?) kinda just made it worse". Votes Misheru.

Says she is super suspicious of Razen as well and is open to changing her vote.

Points out the deadline in three hours.

Doesn't want the game to end, unvotes Misheru and votes Razen.

Apologizes to Razen.

Wonders if enough people have voted to achieve a lynch.

My analysis:

I mostly get a town read from her. Could be that she's scum and distancing herself from the others by focusing on Misheru instead. But she seems kind of consistent in her reasons for voting Misheru. Only thing that stood out to me was her apology to Razen; did she know he was going to flip town? Seems a bit odd that she'd apologize when she was so suspicious of him to begin with.

The apologizing to Razen is suspicious here. But I think she explained it thoroughly. She seems to be agreeing with people mostly, not forming grounded conclusions on her own. I won't count confusion over roles against her, because I get confused about them too. Also, the mafiawiki I've looked at seems to imply it's up to the mods which powers the roles have. So they can pretty much pick and choose which special powers everyone gets and it doesn't need to conform to anything.

Annnnnnd the next person, Mashiara.

In response to Nyanna, says that she wasn't the only one to doubt wheeloftime13's claim, quotes Razen and Katiora. Says all the claims were a "confession overload". Agrees with Katiora that someone was lying (who?).

Asks about the cop getting false information.

Wonders why Misheru says that Mashiara's reasons for voting Niel were thin.

In response to Misheru, explains why she voted Niel.

Wonders why something was about Razen, again says her reasons for voting Niel were not thin.

Says she has a "sudden distrust of anyone who claims to be anything now" and that Misheru is at the top of her list.

Once again defends her reasons for voting for Niel.

Doesn't like it, but (attempts to) vote Razen because of the looming deadline.

Blames the smartphone, votes Razen.

My analysis:

So almost everything regarding Mashiara was about her voting for Niel. I find it hard to be super suspicious of her because of this, because I was super suspicious of Niel myself. Slightly suspicious because Misheru was hard on Mashiara's case, Mashiara had Misheru at the top of her list, and now Misheru is dead.

I have no idea who's lying! That's what we're trying to figure out. And it seemed really odd to me for Mish to keep bringing up my voting for Niel, when I explained my reasoning multiple times. Every time we've had a lynch, I've been forced to change my vote at the last minute to avoid it going random. That just doesn't seem right. I didn't have very strong grounds for voting Razen, but did so for the sake of the game. In regards to Mish, it is really suspicious to start dropping role hints when you're in trouble. I said in an earlier post that any scum member would do that too, so it doesn't help her case. Why bring it up at all since it only adds more suspicion? And it really was my smart phone. The stupid code doesn't work sometimes.

Saving the best for last! But really I was just following the list. Basel, my Brown buddy.

Votes Razen right off the bat. Thinks Razen is making the newbie scum team claim so that town will look right past him.

Expands upon the vigilante idea.

Starts keeping track of those who say the scum team are newbies. Thinks scum are hiding there. Mentions Razen, Tamerya, Katiora, Nyanna, Ironeyes, Bard Babe. Says he is pretty sure one of them is going to be scum, maybe even two.

Explains that cops can get false information, says he thinks Ironeyes and Tamerya have played town.

Explains godfathers and millers.

Fluff post.

Points out errors with Nyanna's unofficial vote count.

Says Nyanna is trying to help town with her unofficial vote count.

Worried that deadline had come and gone.

My analysis:

Basel immediately jumps Razen for his newbie scum team theory. Says he's suspicious of anyone who agrees with the newbie scum theory, mentions everyone who has talked about it.

And that's basically it for day 3. That's all he bases his vote on, yet he says this today:

I have also been suspicious of Kat. She kind of bandwagoned Razen about the new players being mafia. Which was even stranger considering how thin Razen's case was in the first place. She didn't seem to make much effort to attach herself to a townie that actually had a strong case to make. She hasn't come up with much that was original. So I will vote Kat.

So now suddenly the case he himself made against Razen is weak? Major FoS.

Here's what I think is happening.

Katiora and Basel are both scum. They're taking different positions: Katiora subscribes to the newbie scum team theory while Basel argues against it. Notice how both of them voted for Razen though, who as we know flipped town.

Now, when it looks like Katiora is the next one to go, notice how he jumps on her for voting for Razen, trying to distance himself when she flips scum.

And that's it for now, folks! I think I will vote in the morning. It'll be either Katiora or Basel.

The whole "Razen's case is weak" thing threw me off too. But Basel explained it to my satisfaction. He's obviously an experienced player and has tried to help out town, it seems to me. Looking up all the terms on the wiki is fine, but sometimes it's helpful to get it in real words and real examples. I don't think giving out that sort of info is scummy.

Basel also makes a good point about Kat defending Razen then voting him. That is a pretty big reversal.

ARG, I read the DL as being *PM*.. *bangs head on desk*.

Sorry for not submitting a vote.. grrr, but glad to see it didn't go random.

ANd another townie down... we have GOT to get thigns together, I know I wasn't around yesterday, but I needed some "me" time last night and that's when all the activity happened... I'm in the city this weekend though!!!

Yeah I'd like to hear from Tamerya.

Ironeyes too for that matter.

Well, I just went and re-read day 1.

Here are Katiora's posts (since she's the one I'm most suspicious of at the moment):

Vote Tamerya for impatience :tongue:

Trust me I'd have rather been posting here than where I've been all day *sighs* :dry:

*shakes head* unvote because i'm not sure who looks the scummiest right now.. hmmm who to vote who to vote... *glares at everyone suspiciously before bursting out laughing*

I'm just not a good glarer *sighs*

*looks suspiciously at Dice*

Wow.. I don't get to get on much on the weekend and ya'll go all crazy on me with the posts... *sighs*

Vote Count:

Sunrise (1): AH

Aiel Heart (1): Niel

Tamerya (1): wot13

Mish (1) - Nya

Nya (2) - Mish, Mashi

WOT13 (6) – Razen, Tamerya, Volke, Ishy, Raena, Basel

Players not voting (3): Arez, dice, sunrise

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline, Monday July 30th, 10pm CST.

and i is not counting 16 in that list.. but i think i know who's missing.. lol

I have to say.. I unvoted and now I have no clue who to put my vote on...

I think it's weird how all the sudden two people are piling on AH... for reasons that have no backing... all she said was that she didn't think WOT's comments were anything beyond not having experience.. how is that over analytical?? She didn't vote for WOT her's is still on Sunrise.. Maybe Mish and Dice could explain a little more their sudden decision to jump on AH??

So one joke vote, and then she didn't know who to vote for. She thinks it's weird how people are piling on Aiel Heart/dice 2.0. Defending a teammate?

Raena, you make some very good points. Kat is definitely looking the most suspicious. But, I want to hear from more people before I vote. I'm still thinking there's something going on with Tamerya and Ironeyes.

How am I all of the sudden looking most suspicious?? and no I haven't been silenced.. it was the weekend when I have very little computer time.

I find it highly disturbing though to come back and just about everyone be on the lynch Kat train. I am vanilla town, and there's not a whole lot of us left and we can't afford another town lynch...

Ya'll are now going through my posts and picking them out, out of context and saying what I'm said was suspicious... It's just posts how are your posts any different... Here in a bit I will go and pick out all of YOUR posts and we'll see exactly how scummy you look... (I can't right now seeing as how I'm at work and need to be up on the floor making sure my doctors aren't having conniption fits because something in our computer system isn't right and it's monday so i don't know yet... So please don't lynch me before I get back and can make a little better defense for myself since everyone has suddenly decided I'm the bad guy.)

ok I was going to go back and quote all the stuff.. but really it was way too much right now I have almost 30 quotes and I don't have time at work to read through all of them and type up stuff.. Honestly I don't think Rae is mafia. There are a few things that ping me but, really it's just not enough. I figure most of the stuff that pings me is from inexperience, just like most of the stuff I say that is pinging you is from either 1. me just being lazy and busy at work or 2. me being really rusty.

Honestly if you need proof i'll reveal my character. It's a pretty important one, although still vanilla, and then you can just see if anyone counter claims me.. at least then after you lynch me, if someone counter claims, you will know ONE mafia... *rolls eyes* I'd really rather not claim though since they have a bad running record of being deaded when the next day comes around.

One thing that is pinging me right now, and it could just be bad luck, but..... The fact that Nyanna has been unable to get a view on someone since night one... that's just... fishy... I mean what are the chances... And the first night she just happens to view someone suspicious that just happens to turn out to be a Mason, not that I doubt that there are masons... very possible.. I could totally see fred and george being a mason group, BUT... it's just... a big coincidence. She gets them the first night and then the next night she views the person who is NK'd and then the next night she is blocked... just.... idk... And in the same post that she says he is TOWN she then says that he is mafia in cahoots with Tam and Ishy... very weird... idk...

Archived