DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basel, Rae, Razen and Mersh are much better players than I am.

I'm flattered that you said that, but you're ten times the player that I am.

Anyway, that's twice now that WoT has escaped being lynched. First time, I'd attribute it to coincidence, but the second time has me a little suspicious. The same train stalled two days in a row - something that happened this time due to her character claim. I'd really like to see this put to rest, because I have a feeling that it's going to come up again tomorrow. I'm leaning mafia on her - even with her character claim.

How/where is Tamerya vouched for as town?

Ironeyes has claimed that she is his mason partner, if I'm not mistaken.

• Community Administrator

Anyway, that's twice now that WoT has escaped being lynched. First time, I'd attribute it to coincidence, but the second time has me a little suspicious. The same train stalled two days in a row - something that happened this time due to her character claim. I'd really like to see this put to rest, because I have a feeling that it's going to come up again tomorrow. I'm leaning mafia on her - even with her character claim.

This was exactly my point. Now, I'm going to point out that many people have jumped on others for not having a good reason to vote for someone. Lots were piling on Ishy and WoT. Of the two, I only had logic for WoT. If I had voted for Ishy, and didn't have a claim to back up my accusation, then I'd be suspicious too. So, let me, once again, say why I thought WoT was acting the scummiest out of everyone we voted for yesterday.

First, she was so close to getting lynched on our initial joke votes. She was saved by a noobie mistake by Sunrise. That first day, she said some iffy things, but most agreed it was just that she was a beginner. Okay, I'm fine with that. But then the next day, with Sunrise/Ironeyes in the clear, she gets brought up again. I started out voting for Neil, who is STILL acting suspicious, but when it turned into another split decision, I could recall several things WoT said that sounded off. I think I've only said that once about something Ishy and Basel were talking about. I'm not the only who who has noticed this about WoT, either. And it's only when she started getting more votes, she claimed to be a important role. To me, this was inconsistent. She said that she didn't know she could reveal herself the first day, but when you're so close to getting killed, wouldn't you look up on the wiki things you could do, or have some other sort of idea? I mean, if you're going to get killed, revealing yourself wouldn't hurt anything. Then Ishy went all noble, and like so many others, I changed my vote to him. I didn't want his self-sacrifice to go in vain, even though I really did think WoT was the more suspicious of the two. And you'll notice that others who voted for WoT didn't change their vote until after Ishy told us to vote him.

Exactly. Speaking of which, I haven't actually been to our QT in a while...

Hahaha, not much happening on the QT.. LOL.

And whew, my long weekend is over (and the horrid connectivity I had at the cabin), I've read through everything and can't wait for daybreak.. *G* :)

Bard Babe- appears to have come out against Ishy right after joining the game. Here's his post:

Alrighty, well...given the turn of events with Nya, I'm going to go ahead and reserve judgement on that half until something more decisive shows up.

As for wot13, she's out of the water because of noob sympathy. I don't think she did anything scummy...just got confused. *shrug* This is when I wake up dead cause of bad judgement lol

And Ishy, well, he just sounds shifty. All of his posts are overly aggressive and he's throwing about his 'I'm experienced' weight to excess-a move to intimidate the noobs like me into not voting him? Guilty conscience?

Either way, he intimidates me and there's a deadline coming up, so... vote Ishy.

This has scummy written all over it. First, he plays the newbie card for WoT13. Protecting much? Later: the whole "sounds shifty" and "overly aggressive" are not only weak reasons, but they are a long-standing part of Ishy's play style. But that's not the best part. Look at the last sentence. "He intimidates me," Bard says. The only people who have reason to be intimidated by Ishy's scum hunting are those who ARE SCUM. This post puts Bard right to the top of my list.

Ok, first things first-I be a girl. *nod*

When I got on the scene, there were only two viable options to vote for. Wot and Ishy

Of the two, wot seemed like a newbie like me, and all the things that she's done that people are regarding seemed like mistakes to me, and ones I will probably make at some time in the future. And Ishy was very outspoken and out there and aggressive. To me, they were great reasons, especially considering how little of it I was seeing coming from wot. That was the only reason I vote for Ishy. *shrug* Of course, given the results, I'll not be using that reasoning again, but come on, it was actually my first vote.

So Ishy was actually town...bugger... o.O Bad judgement central, right here. But he was so shifty! XD

Ishy's always shifty. I'd have told you that if I had been on during the end of his lynch. But I was stuck making dinner for my family.

This. If I'd have known this, then my vote may well have changed, cause that threw out all the reasoning explained above. Same as Mish, this is my first game, I don't have a clue how anyone plays.

And as for the grand finale of me being intimidated there, I'm afraid it really has no legs to stand on-I never sad that I was intimidated by his scum-hunting. I said he was overly aggressive and throwing around his experience. Nowhere did I say nor imply that I was intimidated by his scum-hunting. And also, intimidation works two ways; townies can be intimidated by mafia just as easily as mafia can by clever townies. You just picked the more incriminating one.

Either way, I'm waiting to see the result of the night before I make any new judgements, just wanted to clear my name a bit there before anyone jumps on it.

well unlike BB its not my first game and i know better then to blindly trust ishy! he is as bad as des or mynd! they all make my head hurt lol

like i saaid he was pushing on a confirmed townie what would you like marsh? to leave him doing that when we dont know his alignment?

Day dawns and you all blink sleepily. The night passed seemingly without incident, but after the day's events you were all too shaken to sleep much. The Houses sit together, quietly starting their day as a variety of breakfast foods appear. Idle chatter starts to spread around the tables as the appearance of food does wonders for your spirits. Alas, this is when Gryffindor notices that one of their number has not moved. It's Hermione, her quiet death is in stark contrast to her vivacious life. Gulping, Gryffindors stare down at her before gathering their courage to fight on another day.

Wheeloftime13, Hermione Granger, town, vanilla has been nightkilled.

Day has begun. Deadline is Friday, August 10th, 10am CST or when a lynch is achieved.

Interesting choice of kill. And one that has me thinking that all the scumsters are new players. Because WoT was at the center of all the attention - the scum team just wasted their NK on someone they could easily have lynched. Niel has been voting OMGUS pretty much this entire game - he voted for Mashi yesterday when she had voted for him and freely admitted that was the only reason he'd voted her.

I was thinking that it seemed like an odd NK (but this is my first game and I'm not sure if that's typical or not..glad to know my instinct was right.. I may now be catching on a bit more), however, now we can get down to business and not worry about that "what if".

Archived